Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

For all the pit bull lovers.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Default RE: For all the pit bull lovers.

A real shame what people do, got a pit had it for 5 years.
Very loveable dog, even from the MSPCA.
When you go to bed at night he'll jump up and nudge you with his nose trying to get under the covers and sleep with ya all night.
Even have a couple cats, one that's an ******* to it always trying to scratch and swipe at him.
Doesnt do a thing and stays friendly. I'd definatly get another
Think the dog may have been beaten as a pup with it's original owner, my mom saw it all curled up in a small hole it dug and brought him home.
Meet Omar:

[IMG]local://upfiles/4154/EE7EB73A94814E28B390E4C65F491E7D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4154/F433FA8572984AF3BC03F55CA1B8CA22.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4154/EF6BCD2FD5194AADBF43BC87B9498D44.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-03-2006, 11:10 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Actually I know quite a few pits and I even play with my neighbors. And what would a vet know? You explained it. They know the biology of the animal. And trust me then tell you more then watch out for pits, dobermans, etc. in vet school.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:18 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr

Actually I know quite a few pits and I even play with my neighbors. And what would a vet know? You explained it. They know the biology of the animal. And trust me then tell you more then watch out for pits, dobermans, etc. in vet school.
then you are some kind of hypocrite promoting the ban of the breed.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:32 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nathansmith50

then you are some kind of hypocrite promoting the ban of the breed.
Hmmm, interesting. I do sound kinda hypocritical don't I? I still don't trust the damned thing.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:29 AM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

Also, I really dont know or heard of anyone specifically breeding a lab to fight, maybe there are some, but they are the pits for the most part. My sister in law is a metro dispatcher here in Vegas and 9 outta 10 dog calls are Pit calls. It is sad to blame the breed when it is the retards breeding and training them to be that way, but breeding a dog with a potential temperment problem with that kinda bite strenght, that is not a good combo. Now, you would think, that a Pit from a reputable breeder would be just fine, not sure though. I have a bulldog that will bark when someone comes to the door, not a problem, but i dont have to worry about them killing my neighbors kid if they wander into the yard.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:40 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LvGordo

Also, I really dont know or heard of anyone specifically breeding a lab to fight, maybe there are some, but they are the pits for the most part. My sister in law is a metro dispatcher here in Vegas and 9 outta 10 dog calls are Pit calls. It is sad to blame the breed when it is the retards breeding and training them to be that way, but breeding a dog with a potential temperment problem with that kinda bite strenght, that is not a good combo. Now, you would think, that a Pit from a reputable breeder would be just fine, not sure though. I have a bulldog that will bark when someone comes to the door, not a problem, but i dont have to worry about them killing my neighbors kid if they wander into the yard.
My pit will bark at things that move near the house.
But once they get to the door, tail's a waggin and hes friendly as can be.

Really believe it's just how the animal is raised, or anything for that matter.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:44 AM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

no most of the time it's pits and rotties that are bred to fight. but that doesn't mean the whole breed is bad. most pit bulls are good dogs. and you only hear the horror stories about them more often than others because of the stigma that goes along with them. it's right along the same lines as the situation in NO after katrina.

the media would show white people looting and say they were surviving......and then show black people looting and call them criminals.

they hear about a lab attacking someone and they don't bother showing it because labs have the reputation for being nice dogs.......they hear about a pit attacking and everyone hears about it because they have a bad reputation.

there is NO difference......there are bad dogs of every single breed mostly due to poor training.....there are going to be dogs in every breed that are predisposed to agression.....those dogs should not be bred but in some cases you get that with pits because that's what some scum bags want.

it isn't fair to blame it on the dogs. take care of the people causing the problems.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:36 AM
Magiarn71
3rd Gear Member

I don't use statistics. I worked with dogs and therefore I happen to know quite a few vets. What I'm saying is not B.S. take it how you want. I'm just telling you how it is. Like I said. Not all of them are bad. For every 1 that is there is probally 3-5 more that aren't. But they do turn even on their own owners. They are viscious dogs. I got a 100 lbs. great dane/lab mix. He's about 6 feet tall standing on his back legs. He's a great dog and very lovable. He's a big mush. But don't come into his house or touch his family. He will get violent also. Every dog can be violent. But pit bulls are more easily triggered then most dogs. Thats the point I'm getting at. As for the people that provoke the dog, thats their own fault. I'm not even talking about that. Any dog might/will attack if provoked.
Hmmm, interesting. I do sound kinda hypocritical don't I? I still don't trust the damned thing.
Yes. LOL
Old 01-04-2006, 02:48 PM
javsvt

This guy is saying pitbulls are dangerous should also say terriers are viscous. They are biters. The only difference in the dogs are the injuries they can inflict. Obviously the pit would do more damage, but that is why people say that they are dangerous. I think that the type of dog that killed that woman in San Fransisco a few years ago could be considered dangerous too. I've worked with dogs all my life, all dogs can be considered dangerous if provoked, trained, mistreated, or injured. Im not going by statistics either, im going by personal interactions. So ban them all you want, I hope a toy dog bites you! [sm=lildevil.gif]
Old 01-04-2006, 04:06 PM
5.0family
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: javsvt

This guy is saying pitbulls are dangerous should also say terriers are viscous. They are biters. The only difference in the dogs are the injuries they can inflict. Obviously the pit would do more damage, but that is why people say that they are dangerous. I think that the type of dog that killed that woman in San Fransisco a few years ago could be considered dangerous too. I've worked with dogs all my life, all dogs can be considered dangerous if provoked, trained, mistreated, or injured. Im not going by statistics either, im going by personal interactions. So ban them all you want, I hope a toy dog bites you! [sm=lildevil.gif]

ROFL honda makes a asimo dog that attacks on command

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For all the pit bull lovers.