MustangForums.com Regional Chapters MF is looking for volunteers to help with the new MF Regional Chapters. Check inside for details!

MustangForums.com Regional Chapter Guidelines

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

When organizing the Meet and Greets, is it going to be okay to also leave it open to non-members who may want to come out, or are you wanting to keep these more exclusive?
Old 05-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GhostHorse
When organizing the Meet and Greets, is it going to be okay to also leave it open to non-members who may want to come out, or are you wanting to keep these more exclusive?
I would think allowing non-members to attend is a great way to convert them into members. Boards like this have a LOT of lurkers who read but don't sign up or join in. Most of the non-members who are aware of the event will probably be from this group. Hanging out and maybe making a few friends would likely encourage them to be more actively involved.

Also, it's not like we have a Mustang Forums ID card. If someone shows up at a M&G how would we verify their actual membership status at the event anyway? I say as long as they show up with a Mustang, and behave well, let 'em stay.

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 05-10-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

All my thoughts as well. But wanted to hear from the man in charge.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

What Ive done at the M&G these past two years, is to make it open to anyone with a Mustang and depending on how much room weve had, we have had a few nonners..like my cars.

The first year's M&G was at CDC in Novi. They have a HUGE parking lot so we had plenty of room for the members. we also had plenty of room for a small local club who came out and there was an area in the back for the nonners..and we did have some nice non-mustangs show up that year.

Last year, prime parking was tight so members got first "dibs" on the good spots and early on, we had to run off a few people who didnt have mustangs who tried to park there...we did let a few non-members with mustangs park in that area and gave them information on the forum. Later in the day, we let non-mustangs park there as well.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

That's another reason I asked. Location and parking considerations. Ideas are brewing. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Notice, the regional subsections have been added for chapters where we have a volunteer for president.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

hmm, this is tough position for me... i'd love to do an AZ chapter, but i go home during the summer so that might be a problem, although nobody will want to have a get together during summer when it's 120, so it might work out....
Old 05-14-2010, 07:57 AM
Fink
5th Gear Member

are you going to be bunching Canada into one region or will there be separate regions for individual provinces? Maybe even West(BC,AB), Mid West(SK,MB), Central(ON,QC) and East(NS,PEI,NB,NFL) regions?

Ill be willing to be president for Saskatchewan or Mid West if you go in that route.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

rdot9, where else do you live?

fink, I would much rather have Canada broken up into smaller groups..but it depends on interest that we receive.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:06 AM
Fink
5th Gear Member

Yeah I understand. There isnt many Canadians that I have seen on this site.

Quick Reply: MustangForums.com Regional Chapter Guidelines