MustangForums.com Regional Chapters MF is looking for volunteers to help with the new MF Regional Chapters. Check inside for details!

MustangForums.com Regional Chapter Guidelines

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Default MustangForums.com Regional Chapter Guidelines

MustangForums.com Regional Chapter Guidelines
A regional chapter is added when a member from a given area speaks up and offers his or her services as the first president of the chapter. For instance, say that Jim (Jim doesn’t exist, I’m only making up a name to explain how it will work) volunteers to be the Alaska Chapter President. I will create an Alaska Chapter subsection within this section and Chapter President Jim will control that subsection. In most cases, the number of people on MF should offer enough members in most areas to put together a core group and once the group reaches 10 members, they will vote on a Vice President.

The President is expected to work with the other members of the Chapter to hold an annual get together. This doesn’t have to be anything fancy and it can be done without spending much personal money (other than travel costs). I have organized the last two M&Gs in the Detroit area and my biggest expense was last years members choice trophy. (It was around $30, IIRC…awards are not at all required) The President is also available for keeping a running list of Chapter members in their section on the forum.

There is really not much expected of Chapter Presidents and Vice Presidents but the idea is to grow a local group so if I get a bunch of complaints about a President or VP being problematic, that person will be spoken to. If it gets to be regular, the President or VP may be removed. Hopefully, we wont have to deal with any of those sorts of problems, but just in case we will have a vote for President every 6 months. This way, if the President does a good job, the members will vote him or her back in and if the group thinks that someone else might do a better job, this gives us a way to keep things fresh without hurting anyone’s feelings.

The only rules to apply for a Chapter President position are:
-They have to own a Mustang (yes, I understand the irony of this rule)
-They have to live in the area which they are representing (Common sense)
-They must be an active member of the forum. Active is making at least 15 posts a month. That is only 2 every other day and while we expect Chapter Presidents to be more active than that, 15 is the minimum (special exceptions are considered)

Note: Being a Chapter President does not make you a forum moderator so volunteering to be a Chapter President will not get you "power" on MF, except in your chapter section. Anyone who cannot handle the position will be removed but only after you are given a chance to fix the problem in question.

So, the hotlines are open. If you feel that you are interested in being a MF Regional Chapter President, PM me with the region in which you live. To start off, we will go state-by-state but I understand that some of the larger states (CA, TX) may require some small regional chapters. We will cross that bridge when we come to it. To apply, send me a PM with your real name, city and state.

I expect to get a ton of volunteers so this is first come first serve, so understand that just because you send me a message volunteering, you are guaranteed to get the position. This might seem a little chaotic, but I feel that this is the best way to see who is interested in helping.

PM me if you are interested in helping! I will keep a running list of what sections are spoken for and who the president for that chapter may be. That way, if your region is spoken for, you can contact the president and get involved! I will wait a few days (at least) to get volunteers before I begin adding chapter subsections.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:06 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Oklahoma - GhostHorse
Texas - ODDYSEY
Louisiana - RysnsQuick6
Massachussetts - Torch_Vert
Michigan - MYGT500
Old 04-17-2010, 02:37 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

You say local, do you mean on a city or regional basis inside a state? Texas is a huge place. I would love to see something more specific with people who can cover smaller areas of a state. Not really much going on in East Texas, a local club but they really don;t do much. It would be cool to get something in East Texas going.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Shane, im sure that states like texas and cali will have smaller chapters but to start off, i would like to try to keep the number of in-state chapters down. the reason being that i dont want to have a ton of chapters in one state, as then members still arent meeting each other when we have 15 chapters with two members each...however, since im a sucker for a grabber blue 2010, feel free to shoot me a PM with your location and we can discuss the need for texas chapters...as i expect there to be the need for multiple groups but id like to be able to populate those groups, you know?
Old 04-18-2010, 12:11 AM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Pat, For upstate/Capital region NY PM TimsPony. He's organized more then a couple cruises locally netting 25+ mustangs. I know he would do a good job with it.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

Originally Posted by NYstang
Pat, For upstate/Capital region NY PM TimsPony. He's organized more then a couple cruises locally netting 25+ mustangs. I know he would do a good job with it.
I dont plan to contact/ask anyone to do it...so if you think that he would be interested, you are welcome to ask him..
Old 04-25-2010, 12:47 PM
gross28

Is there a club here in the Bangor Miane area?
Thanks
Jason
Old 05-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

Bump for two new chapters added!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:41 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Do you have to belong to a car club within your state or notify anyone about starting a Regional Chapter.... Minnesota? I was just wondering because Im not part/ member of any car club. Thanks
Old 05-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

no...not at all. Im trying to help members meet other members in their area...

If you are interested..shoot me a PM.

Quick Reply: MustangForums.com Regional Chapter Guidelines