Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

FS: NOVA 1988 Mustang GT 347 stroker nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 04:44 PM
TAPOUT
2nd Gear Member

Default FS: NOVA 1988 Mustang GT 347 stroker nitrous

Well, I am coming to the conclusion that I have too many toys. I am going to put my Mustang up for sale. I am still in process of finishing all of the little details to it. I had a 347 Stroker motor professionally built last year, and I have run out of time and patience to treat this car right. It still needs a little TLC but it runs and drives fine. I have about 1500 miles on it since the build. It also has a Tremec TKO 500 trans, Centerforce clutch, tubular front end, BBK headers, H-pipe with cats, Flowmaster 40 series mufflers, Griffen radiator, electric fan, and much, much more. As for the engine, 10.5:1 compression, Edelbrock heads ported with new valves, and roller rockers. Big cam, .582/.562 split lift, .282/.262 split duration roller Comp Cam designed for nitrous. Melling high volume oil pump, Moroso 7 quart oil pan, Keith Black pistons, H-beam rods, Edelbrock Victor intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, MSD 6AL, NX direct port spacer system, BBK 80mm throttle body. Fluid Damper balancer, Weiand polished waterpump, custom made Taylor wires, 30# injectors. I have also done a really nice rear axle brace, T/A rear cover with girdle, 4:11 gears, Pro 5.0 short shifter, and more. It has brand new Mickey Thompson 275/50/15 Drag Radials, Weld Drag lite wheels, new slotted rotors, green stuff brake pads up front, new drums/shoes in the rear. I will include the Alpine radio, Kicker and Eclipse speakers. I have relocated the Optima battery to the trunk in a custom aluminum box, 0 gauge power wire to the front with a nice distribution system. I have a complete nitrous system set up with MSD window switch and NX WOT switch (in need of finishing the wiring), but I had to loan my MSD 6AL to a friend since he blew his up and needed it for his car to run. The nitrous system has yet to be run since I have not yet had the car tuned. I also have installed a completely new computer wire harness and engine harness. I also have a 5" Tach with shift light, and the gauges on the cowl are Fuel pressure, oil pressure, and water temp.This car really is a lot of fun to drive. Here are a couple pics I took last winter. I will try to get some new ones as time allows. I also have some spare parts that can come along with the sale. I probably have nearly $16K in the build so far. I only want to sell this car to someone that will take care of it, and have fun with it. I am asking $8500 which is less than I have in just the engine. I may also be interested in a trade plus cash situation for the right car.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:46 PM
TAPOUT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: FS: NOVA 1988 Mustang GT 347 stroker nitrous

There are a few more old pics on my cardomain site.. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154592
Old 10-16-2007, 10:52 PM
chip22

How about a possible trade for a 93 probe gt plus cash?
Old 10-17-2007, 09:58 AM
TAPOUT
2nd Gear Member

Post up some pics of the Probe, mileage, mods, etc.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:28 PM
chip22

I haven't put any mods on the probe, but you can go here for the pics: http://www.carsforsale.com/Find_A_Ve...x?vid=45107835
Old 10-17-2007, 01:44 PM
murphyman
1st Gear Member

you probly wouldnt want 86 gt 5.0 5 speed, for trade would you ?!!!mostly stock besides 140 speedo an morroso intake. great condition let me know
Old 10-17-2007, 03:25 PM
TAPOUT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: murphyman

you probly wouldnt want 86 gt 5.0 5 speed, for trade would you ?!!!mostly stock besides 140 speedo an morroso intake. great condition let me know
Maybe, can I see some pics? I would not mind having a reliable third car. I am looking to get some cash out of the deal, but I am not completely opposed to a nice 86 GT. I'll be honest, the Probe is looking decent as a partial trade since they are pretty reliable cars. It is also substantially newer than the 86. I liked the power windows/locks and I have done some cool custom work on Probes in the past.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:29 PM
TAPOUT
2nd Gear Member

I would be interested in the Probe as a partial trade + $6800. If this is interesting to you, let me know. I would like to see the pics of the Mustang before finalizing it though.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:13 AM
murphyman
1st Gear Member

the pics u posted i cant see them( work computer blocked them), would u be able to email some to murphy-man@hotmail.com the 86 gt, i spent $7,000 about 4 month ago, KBB value was only about $5,800. but thats what registry told me but not including the new parts he installed before bought it, thats y i payed 7 for it.new clutch, shocks struts, tires, anddash tach.i beleive he said brake lines too. i installed new brake pads, speedo, intake, didnt realy need much at all. it has power windows, and locks!! and has t-tops.
i have posted with pics with the title of I want Performance parts for 86 5.0, or trade foxbody for another in trades or freebies, and in want to buy ads. t
Old 10-18-2007, 07:48 PM
TAPOUT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: murphyman

the pics u posted i cant see them( work computer blocked them), would u be able to email some to murphy-man@hotmail.com the 86 gt, i spent $7,000 about 4 month ago, KBB value was only about $5,800. but thats what registry told me but not including the new parts he installed before bought it, thats y i payed 7 for it.new clutch, shocks struts, tires, anddash tach.i beleive he said brake lines too. i installed new brake pads, speedo, intake, didnt realy need much at all. it has power windows, and locks!! and has t-tops.
i have posted with pics with the title of I want Performance parts for 86 5.0, or trade foxbody for another in trades or freebies, and in want to buy ads. t
My wife said no to the Mustang for partial trade.

Quick Reply: FS: NOVA 1988 Mustang GT 347 stroker nitrous