2008 Turbo Mustang For sale from Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 09:26 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: 2008 Turbo Mustang For sale from Dealership

ORIGINAL: r.barn

ORIGINAL: androdz

Just letting you know the engine will blow up if you try 11psi.

B.S., My performance shop "Fastlane" in Houston has an in house
twin turbo kit for the 3v's that they rutinely run 15-20psi on.

It's all in the tune ........ boost does not blow engines ....... detonation blows engines.
detonation comes from over aggressive tunes.
SO they are running 20 psi on stock internals I find that VERY VERY hard to believe. The safe limit for the rods is 450rwhp you can push it a little bit but ofcourse the more you push the more prob it will break. I doubt with 20 psi the stock tranny is holding that. We are talking more than 700hp and 700 tq on a trans that is rated for 300ish tq? and thats at the tranny, so adding the power losses from the driveshaft,axles/trans we are talking over 800 hp @ the crank.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:59 AM
Ben @ WMS

What in the tranny is the weak point? 300tq ? really thats all theyrate the trans at? Sounds like ford shoulldn't even offer a warranty then. I mean stock the car is rated at 300hp and 320tq. Wait 320tq? that can't be. the tranny will blow. Look Andrew I appreciate the concern, and not trying to be a *****, but I trust both Hellion and Brenspeed, they both are pretty authoritive figures when it comes to turbo kits on 3v Mustangs. If you are concerned that much, then please don't purchase the car. As, for the rest of you out there. Please don't be discouraged, it is going to be a really sweet car with a Warranty. Any concerns with longevity of the car can be directed to Brenspeed as they are the tuners for the kit. Any questions about the install or other details of the car can be directed to Wynne Motorsports at (757) 838-0222
Old 11-28-2007, 02:23 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

I doubt brenspeed will recommend a turbo running @ 11psi on a stock block nor anyone here. I understand you are just tyring to make some money for your manager since you have no real idea what you are talking; hence read your own post. Since you are now a member with 5 posts (all on this post) I do recommend you to start searching some threads about boosted 4.6 3v's and how they hold up before you try to correct me or deviate my points.

Andrew
Old 11-28-2007, 09:52 PM
bcstang
2nd Gear Member

nono, everyone ...SHHHHHH! i wanna see what the stealership does when they have to put in a new motor for the guy who buys this thing every 3 months lol.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:39 PM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ben @ WMS

What exactly in the engine will fail, so i can discuss this with hellion and brenspeed. As to not have any issues
You say you're building this. You should know what would fail then. The same with the tranny.

Who exactly did you talk to at Hellion. I know the owners personally and they know what the limits of the stock block are.

Sorry dude but I've got to call B.S. on this.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Local Yokel
2nd Gear Member

Im sure it will take it for a little while but somethings gonna give. I say the motor holds but either the stock clutch, driveshaft, and/or rearend let go first. Im riding around at the 450hp mark with a little over 3500 miles and the rear is starting to howl on mine. Like stated above, if the tune is good the motor will hold but you have to realize the crank and rods are powdered metal and are just not meant for that kind of cylinder pressure over time and eventually .... boom.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:04 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Guys guys guys hold down the stealership knows more than us. It is obvious the guy has no idea what he is doing or saying.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:13 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

i agree stock that thing will not last long

but they guys at brenspeed now what they are doing and they are very reputable and i dont think they would want to hurt there rep by saying something will not break and they know it will
Old 11-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Ben @ WMS

I do stand corrected, the power is actually to the crank, and because of what we are doing with the warranty, we are only running 7-9 psi. I was going mostly off of the Ad Brenspeed has on thier site posted above. I believe it says "you get the 650RWHP capable polished turbo system with springs for 5psi, 7psi, 9 psi and shims to hit the 11psi we run on customers cars (11psi will make 500+rwhp 530+lbs torque on a stock 05-07 GT) We include the lower boost level springs in this kit for those who want lower power levels." But after talking to Dave at Brenspeed he recommended the lower power level with the Warranty. As far as correcting you Andrew I was out of line, like you said, I only have 5 ok 6 posts now so I have no right to even point out the fact that you said the stock tranny won't even hold the stock torque the GT makes. With only 6 posts i must know nothing when it comes to repairing or modifying cars. I didn't realize we measured knowledge by posts. Guess i have a lot to learn about being a forum troll
Old 11-30-2007, 12:54 AM
Black98GT
1st Gear Member

whoah.... never realized we are such cut throats when it comes to our own brothers and sisters... Seems to me that instead of flaming about someones possible "lack of knowledge" or trying to correct someones posts that this should more or less be a thread where we try to help instead of roast/toast someone. Misreading articles is very very easy to do with anyone (get side tracked with something and come back to it even 10mins later and one could have forgotten or thought something read one way when it read totally different.) I say go for it, do like Roush and Saleen did and do a trial and see what goes out, fix it, then go from there. Hell you could even make a good profit off the #1 car you guys produce (considering it doesnt go up like an movie from the Gov. of California).

Either way, more power to you because either way you'll be getting to tinker with a turbo system courtesy your work while we all dream of being able to mess with one... Or atleast that last part applies to me

Quick Reply: 2008 Turbo Mustang For sale from Dealership