Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits:

Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

1997 Mustang GT Convertible $4,000 o.b.o.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

Default 1997 Mustang GT Convertible in ORLANDO, FL $4,000 o.b.o.

1997 Mustang Convertible GT, Auto 4.6L 281ci V8 Green w/tan top and interior, leather, all power options, Non-smoker, Lots of upgrades!!!

$4,000 O.B.O. Cash only, NO trades! Serious buyers only! Clear title in-hand. Looking to sale locally.

Kelley Blue book lists my car at $4,545 in fair condition for a private party sale. See this rating at:

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...uizConditions=

I’m very picky and have always paid a great deal of attention to the details to my car. It has been my baby since day one. For this reason I will try and include every negative aspect of the car. I will try and disclose every blemish so you will know the true state of the car. With that said I apologize in advance if I am overly thorough with the condition of the car.

I purchased this car in August of 2002 with 42K miles as the 3rd owner
The speedometer now reads 113,724 although it stopped working mid July.
I estimate the current mileage at about 116K since I only drive it to and from work (10 miles round trip) 5 days a week.

The car is fully loaded, all available options. The car was completely stock when I purchased it save for the CD player and the cobra wheels. This car has been babied and well maintained. I have paperwork for every part and service performed on the car since I purchased it. The oil has been changed every 3k miles with ford motorcraft synthetic blend until I switched to a 5w-40 conventional once she started burning oil back in June. The car has a bad piston ring on cylinder #3 and burns oil now.
The car still runs strong only it has a rough idle from the piston ring and it burns oil as I mentioned.

The paint is well, not looking so good. The clear coat has begun to separate from 4 different panels. The rear bumper has small cracks in the paint when I was bumped in a parking lot causing the clear coat to separate and flake off since I did not initially notice the damage.

The driver side front fender and passenger side rear quarter panel suffer from the same problem although they have never been hit or damaged. The car has a few very minor dents and dings, none larger than a penny which is consistent with an 11 year old car. The exhaust tip is also slightly dented from a parking lot bump.

The interior is in excellent shape save for a few small details. The driver seat is cracked and has a small tear (1-1 ½”) on the bottom of the seat. The passenger and back seats are amazingly clean and the carpet is in very good shape. The dash is crack and fade free. There are a few small scratches on the door panels and some bubbling on the door panels from elbows resting on them over the years, again normal wear.

Major work done:
the top was replaced due to hurricane Ivan back in
steering rack and pinion replaced
This past January (2007) I had to have the transmission rebuilt, 1st gear was slipping. Right around 103k
The original plastic upper intake was replaced early in ’08 after it suffered the inevitable crack due to manufacture defect.

The car has good tires on it, plenty of tread, brakes are good, A/C works fine and all windows, power options, and electronics are 100% minus the drivers side door lock. Every now and then you have to push the button a few times for it to pop up and unlock the door. I have a full size matching spare in the trunk as well as the factory convertible boot cover.

Performance upgrades:
Magnaflow Off-road X-pipe
Magnaflow Catback
C&L Upper intake plenum
C&L 80mm Mass Air Meter
C&L Trueflow inlet pipe
K&N 9" Conical filter
BBK 75mm Throttle body
Steeda Underdrive pulleys
Steeda Timing Adjuster
SLP 180* Thermostat
H&R Sport Springs
Granatelli Upper and Lower Control Arms
Monroe Fox body shocks and struts
FRPP 3.73 gears
Motive bearing kit
I’m sure I’m forgetting something….

Cosmetic upgrades are as follows:
Kenwood head unit
Bullitt pedals
Billet UPR shifter handle
Leather shift boot
5% window tint
1998 17X8 Cobra wheels
SS Vinyl rear bumper inserts
Chopped Antenna
Custom painted brake calipers
Sylvania Silverstar Head and foglight bulbs
CB radio wired to a speaker mounted under the hood, fully concealed under the driver seat and easily removed.

I have a new rear seat delete kit and take-off caster camber plates that I will include with the car. These pictures were taken on 12/15/2008:

please see my ad on craigslist for pictures. You can view my gallery but those pics are over 2 years old.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/1000612478.html

If you have any questions just email me. Don't PM me if you are serious because I hardly sign on MF anymore so I won't get your message.

Emann0007@hotmail.com

Last edited by Emann0007; 01-21-2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: title change
Old 01-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

just a bump