Year: 1988
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Price: $8000
Mileage: 25212
Color: Red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State/Prov): CO

Hello everyone. I'm posting a unique listing today. One that kind of pains me for a number of reasons.

I found this car on NextDoor (like Facebook for neighbors) in 2015. Looked interesting... not like usual Fox convertible. Come to be that I apparently had no previous knowledge of ASC Mclaren Mustangs or their history. Well, I found out fast and realized that this was a unique car, with only 25k miles on it. I had been looking to try my hand at "flipping" unique cars and quickly did some research and bought it from our neighbor. Car is/was super clean and CARFAX validated the low mileage. I did notice a couple things that required attention though - torn plastic on rear window (all new window plastic has professionally been replaced), shifted funny ($11 plastic linkage piece was replaced) and a badly chipped rear tail light cover (replaced).

After I got those initial few items fixed, I realized this thing ran AWESOME! Best riding fox body I'd ever ridden in. My wife and I would tool it around the neighborhood from time to time and every single time it would garner a compliment. Rides tight but comfortable down the road and through corners. I know ASC did some suspension work to these, but I don't know exactly what. All I know it that it handles way better than any other 80's Mustang I've heard of!

I have the original sales folder, service records, carfax, etc. I'm completely willing to allow anyone to have it further inspected. It would of course have to be sold as-is.

Again, I'm no mechanic, but I do most of my own work on my cars... but this thing runs beautifully! I really had taken to like it. With the cam Mclaren put in these, it's the stoutest stock 5.0 I've ridden in or driven.

I'm an open book. I want to get this lady off to whatever her next stage of life is and I'd like to free up the garage space. I've shown my cards. Send me any offer you feel is reasonable. Ask any question, I'll answer best I can.

Photos: http://s114.photobucket.com/user/jre...aren%20Mustang
Attached Thumbnails 1998 ASC Mclaren Mustang #1287-img_7991.jpg   1998 ASC Mclaren Mustang #1287-img_7982.jpg  

Last edited by 6605stang; 05-30-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:31 PM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Looks like a 1988.

Search this Thread