New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 01:47 AM
UCONN ERIC

Default New Cobra

I will try to post a few pics in the next few days. It is bone stock right now but I'll definitely have to put in a new shifter, maybe a Roush or Pro 5.0. Any thoughts? The exhaust has some rumble to it but nothing like my old '88 LX stroked 5.0 with Flowmasters. A cat-back, maybe Borla or Bassani, may end up under there. Lastly, maybe a cold air intake for a cooler air flow. Not much more than that right now. Any other suggestions or comments would be great. That supercharger whine is way cool though!!

Eric
[sm=smiley4.gif]
Old 03-31-2004, 04:04 AM
MelloYello
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New Cobra

Eric what year buddy? Id throw some Borla on her... nothing but the best!!!!! that 88 sounds cool what happened to it?
Old 04-01-2004, 08:36 AM
UCONN ERIC

ORIGINAL: MelloYello

Eric what year buddy? Id throw some Borla on her... nothing but the best!!!!! that 88 sounds cool what happened to it?

It's an '04. Had to get the best Ford has made so far. Unfortunately, I had to part with my '88 to help pay for my wedding in 2001. I say unfortunately because I recently got divorced. No wife and no Stang. That really sucks!! The '88 had a 326 from Ford Performance Solutions in Anaheim, CA. It had aluminum heads, a Foxlake ported explorer intake, roller rockers, new throttle body, MAF, shorty headers, x pipe, Mac exhaust, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter.... Let's just say she was my baby and it was a huge sacrifice to let her go. All for a woman who thought it was ok to date other guys when we were married. Go figure![:@]
Old 04-02-2004, 12:24 AM
T_stang
4th Gear Member

Thats sad Dude but not all females are like that this one happens to be addicted to Mustang and cant seem to find a guy who except that >>> So go figure that
Old 04-02-2004, 09:48 PM
brockstang
1st Gear Member

Lol /drool
Old 04-02-2004, 11:52 PM
UCONN ERIC

ORIGINAL: T_stang

Thats sad Dude but not all females are like that this one happens to be addicted to Mustang and cant seem to find a guy who except that >>> So go figure that
Thanks for the encouraging words T stang. I've been addicted to these cars since I first saw my father's cherry red '65 convertible. Always wanted a '69 Mach I with a 428 Cobra Jet. Now I'm totally impressed with what Ford did with this cobra. Just a few mods and I'll leave her alone. I hope my friends are right when they tell me that I'm only 29 and I will find someone better. We'll see...
Old 04-06-2004, 10:45 PM
95cobragirl
2nd Gear Member

lol....im addicted to mustangs....own a 95 cobra....shes my baby....going thru some tranny problems...but i do my own work on her....always will....will never get rid of it for anyone or anything....p.s. my boyfriend/fiance knows where he and she stands with me....besides he wants a cobra now that he sees how much im into mine and the time i spend with her and working on her...and my anniversary present is gonna be a 06 cobra...so jenna is pretty happy with that....congrats on the new cobra addition eric....sounds like the 88 would have had me drooling.....jenna
Old 04-07-2004, 02:35 AM
MelloYello
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: T_stang

Hey T were in the same boat girl!!! *throws ya a paddle* lol

Hey dude yeah sorry about the divorce.... It happens to everyone ..... Well sounds like your back on your feet again though so good luck in the future.. and Im sure you have learned now no money for a wedding keep the car, go to Justice of the peace.... lol