New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Roush 3 worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 08:11 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Roush 3 worth it?

So how are you affording a 50k car when you're 17?
Old 08-18-2006, 08:15 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: autie

well ROUSH is going to surpass caroll shelby; shelby did the same thing took cars and put in a bigger motor. Thats all the Base Price: 2006 Ford Mustang Steeda Q 525 - $62,000 now if you want to send over another 10k for me please feel free. But thats no reach for me and i dont think its fair for a 17 year old with a 60k car... 50k neither but hey IMO.

ROUSH got good ratings and i like the car; and i cant change my mind now; already on its way; so either its take it or leave it.
You are spectulating alot about roush surpassing caroll shelby which I really really doubt. That is unless Roush can win 2 Lemans or more like shelby did finishing 1,2,3. Shelby cars are a racing legend pint end of story. Also the only reason because the gt500 is overpriced is because it just got released. If you take economics it is all about supply and demand. There is a lot of demand for the car right now. If I am not mistaken the first one sold for around 200k on auction. Just wait 6 months or so and you will see how the price will drop to around 40ishK. Your main reason to buying a roush is all on the presumption that they will become the next shelby. Someone doesn´t become an auto legend from night to morning and dont expect roush to do so. Why dont you stick with the numbers on the car? Roush is an aftermarket moder, saleen is considered a manufacturer, not to mention saleen is a much more reputable and recognized name that is why more people by the saleen than the roush.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Emanpimpster
3rd Gear Member

If you indeed are getting it, id like to know what the hell youve been doing and say good luck not killing yourself. Thats alot of horsepower. I got my 04 GT a coupe monthes ago. Im 16 not far off from 17, but the first thing i did was take it on I75 for the top speed test. 140+ mph almost hitting a semi scared the **** out of me and im sure if i would have had an extra 250 hp i would've been going much faster. Nobody that has a mustang ***** foots around with the gas and thats not what im asking you to do but dont exceed your abilities or your investment and your life might be over. So good luck with that.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:23 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 1QuickShortBus

The only problem with that is it is still a Mustang, Roush cars don't hold their resale like a Cobra or a Saleen the reason it is a GT with a body kit and some aftermarket upgrades. On Saleens, Saleen is actually considered the manufacturer Roush is considered an aftermarket upfitter like a customizing company for conversion vans. IMO if you want to spend the money look at a Steeda Q, much better suspension and a built motor that makes the HP you want straight from Steeda.
You should also know when you are selling a car you gotta strip out all the mods you have made and sell them piece by piece. Modding a shelby, roush or anything similar you wont get the money you put into it same as with any other car. All I am saying that if you want to mod the car, for example for 10k I can do ALL of the mods a stage 3 has and with better components and more efficient supercharger. So then it would be what? 35k total?, in 3 years I can sell the parts for around 6k give or take. and the car for around 18k I suppose give or take. thats is 24k out of a 35k investment. So you are telling me the 55k stage 3 will sell for 44k after 2 years? I seriously doubt it. 35k vs 55k your choice, but like I said if you just want a stage 3 just because for the name then go for it. If you really want performance you do it yourself.

Att. Andrew
Old 08-18-2006, 08:39 PM
autie
1st Gear Member

look basically the R3 comes with all that jazz; I may just put between 50 to 100 shot and the chemical boost intercooler; thats 100+hp right there. = 485rwhp+
Old 08-18-2006, 08:52 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

on nitrous 500rwhp is ez, I am just saying if you plan to mod it excesively the R3 is NOT a good buy at all. Roush comes with 415hp and 385 torque. For the ammount they charge it is really weak. Just getting a centrifugal supercharger for example a vortech for 4.4k intecooled with injectors gives u 150-200 hp. that pumps it up to 460-510hp on a stock GT with just 4.4k in parts and with labor take it to 30k. So 30k total on a stock gt already smokes the stage 3. Roush or not, I dont go by name, I go by numbers and I think 95% of the people are behind me on that. Oh also before I forget the gt500 does have a BIGGER engine it is not the 4.6L like the Stage 3 so expect to be blown away by any gt500 with just a pulley change. This is what it includes The stage 3 inclues:
CORE COMPONENTS - $21,000 + S&H
ROUSHcharged 4.6L powertrain system
ROUSH 7 Piece Aerobody Kit
Lower Valance Fog Lamps
ROUSH 18-Inch Forged Chrome Wheel & Ultra-High Performance Tires
ROUSH Rear Exit High Performance Exhaust w/ Chromed Tips
ROUSH Fender Badges
ROUSH Decklid Emblem
ROUSH Embroidered Floor Mats
ROUSH Front Windshield Banner
ROUSH Billet Aluminum Shifter Handle
ROUSH Pedals w/ Dead Pedal
ROUSH Stage 3 White Face Gauge Cluster
ROUSH Stage 3 Sport Leather Seating
ROUSH Suspension System
ROUSH Brake Kit
ROUSH Serialized Engine Bay Plaque

NOt to mention they charge exta for:
Mustang Racing Stripes - $530
Interior Dash Trim Kit - $350
Quarter Window Louvers - $315
Locking Lug Nuts - $60
Convertible Light Bar - $910
Billet Aluminum Shift **** w/ Grips - $63
Short Throw Shifter - $340
Short Throw Shifter w/ Chrome Shifter Arm and White Ball **** - $445
Short Throw Shifter w/ Chrome Shifter Arm and Black Ball **** - $445
Trunk Mounted Tool Kit - $295
Door Sill Plates - $57

On a summary I still dont see where the 30k extra for a stage 3 are.

Att. Andrew
Old 08-18-2006, 08:59 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

There is no way Roush will surpase Shelby. On the track maybe, as Roush is dominating the nextel cup curcuit. Shelby was the first person/company to sell brand new modified mustangs. Which makes them all the more unique. Roush is in highly competitive market with companies like Steeda, Saleen, etc. Though they are a very nice car, there is no reason to think that they will surpass their other compition. My grandfather just sold his 1969 Shelby GT500 Conv. 428 SCJ for 200k. No way will a Roush sell for thirty times its original value forty years from now. The car that you can buy today that will be the most collectable will be the GT500. Look at how well the OEM cars like the 03/04 Cobra's or 2000 Cobra R's retain their value comparied to Saleens or Roushs from the same year.

The car will be awesome but just don't compare it to a classic shelby.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:01 PM
autie
1st Gear Member

you make alot of sense and i know where your comming from; but WARRANTY plays a big part as well; im a 16 year old turning 17 in about 2 weeks. The car would be here before i drive haha; but the point is i dont have time and the money; im going to be paying 416/42 months for this car as well as insurance. I can build any car from the ground up because i know people who have done it and have done it well; a good friend of mine, his dad a has a chevy malibu running around 10s all day on motor. So if i wanted to build a car from the ground up it would be alot of money because i simply would want the best.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:41 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

I just can't see how anyone thinks a Roush Mustang will be as valuable as a vintage Shelby. Remember, vintage Shelbys went through the 70's as 'used' cars. Carroll also built the Cobra 260/289/427 and had a hand in Ford winning LeMans with the GT40 program. In this day and age things are 'pre-sold' as collectibles even before they've reached the market(biggest way to lose money-example the ZR-1 'Vette). The '07 Shelby may or may not be as collectible as enthusiasts are hoping for. Although it is a
Ford product and has a huge network in support. Besides the Shelby with the S/C 5.4L will ALWAYS have more potential than the
4.6L in all other variations(Roush/Saleen/Steeda) of Mustangs. Heck a Saleen 281E makes 550hp with a handbuilt engine with
expensive internals, that's a pulley change for an '07 GT500. When I was 17, I too thought I knew it all, but hey if you can afford, get what your heart desires. Just don't come crying when in 10 years when that 50K+ Roush3 is worth 20K or less. I lusted after an '82
when I turned 17, everyone thought that would be the last hurrah for performance cars.....hmmmmmmmm what are '82 GT's going for now? I say do your research(with supervision-you are a minor! j/k) and homework and I'm sure you'll make a decision best
for your current situation. Although we'll never predict the future, look at recent Roush products and see where they're at value-wise.
Good luck with your decision. I choose GT500!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:49 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

can you please read the post instead of talking blabberish?????? 418$ a month for 42 months LOL how much did u put on downpayment?? 30k? haha as I told you before if you supercharge a car the only warranty you void is the one on the motor. The electronics, bumper to bumper warranty is still in effect. As you have been told time after time and I just posted a list of the options the car has. With 30k in options you could be running 600rwhp all day w/o breaking not to mention much better interior, exterior and the best suspension money can buy. You are paying 30k extra for crap I gave u the list of things that is different on the car. You cant tell me that short list is worth 30k, hell they charge 450$ for a chrome shortshifter and 500 for the racing stripes that cost 100$. The supercharger is crap and cant go that better because it is NOT efficient. last but not least a chevy malibu running 10's on motor alone if that is true it is not a daily driver unless your "friends" dad drives it with no upholstery, rear seats, a/c, power steering among other deletes. and a daily driver?? numbers just dont add up bro. 418 a month thats 20k only Without interest or anythinge. Are you sure you bought a stage 3 roush and not a VW jetta?? haha

Andrew

Quick Reply: Roush 3 worth it?