New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Roush 3 worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 11:13 PM
autie
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Roush 3 worth it?

35k down = 416/42months; and no his car is a drag car. But dude i understand and i like the fact that your trying to help me out but i really do like the car and i have the money. I have seen all the stuff the R3 come wiht on roushpref.com; also im still in highschool i dont care if i can get 500+ rwhp but the fact is its going to be TIME IN THE SHOP for the car! Your telling me all this when your dad bought an S500 and put S550; doesnt make sense trying to show you have money? I am buying the car for the overall look and i feel in love with. There are other R3 owners that adore the car.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:49 PM
xzo6
2nd Gear Member

Get the Stage 3 Roush.I have a 2006.Great car!...This website has a Saleen bias.The new Shelby is a faster car,but you seem satisfied that you want the Roush...get it.The resale value is probably less ,but you won't sell it for a long time.I get many compliments on the car.The RoushS/C and the4.6 liter is a great match.Alot of folks don't care much for this roots style blower(don't let these guys bust your balloon)...I don't see anything wrong,myself and this isn't my first blown car.The suspension is much better than a stock GT.I don't care much for plastic hood scoops that have no real function(but each to his own).You will love this car...and probably get more than one speeding ticket,initially until the initial excitment wears off.You'll likely get laid more as well
Old 08-18-2006, 11:53 PM
autie
1st Gear Member

There you go androdz and by the way what car are you spooling??
Old 08-19-2006, 01:07 AM
Emanpimpster
3rd Gear Member

17 years old
485hp mustang
100 shot
whats this equal you ask??
IMO an obituary.. get a beater, fix it up then have pride in it because you did the work not some manufacturing company that makes carbon copy cars for differant drivers
Old 08-19-2006, 01:15 AM
06Roush_st_3

ORIGINAL: autie

Haha i guess i made out on a good deal; 06Roush_st_3 if you re-read this forum do you mind telling me on some modifications i can do to the R3 to get it up to 500+ hp? Also your very true about the SALEEN they tend to take the stang and convert it into thier own car and not keeping the nice curves of the body. SALEEN = tooo boxy

I am not sure what will get you 500 HP, but I do think you should rebuild the bottom end of the block for 500hp especially 500rwhp. At least if you want to drive it for a while.

You should be able to take the boost up to at least 8, that alone should get you close to 500. This is my first Charged car so I haven't played much yet.

My car is also a vert with the $1k light bar, the Coupes are less $$. But my car is much more rare.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:20 AM
06Roush_st_3

ORIGINAL: 1QuickShortBus

Well, if you are getting it then I will believe you. I just take everything on web forums with a grain of salt and even more so when coming from a teenager and when people start talking about extensive modifcations. But 500bhp is hard to measure, there are lots of inaccurate formulas to figure out what your bhp is based on rwhp. Either way I wouldn't start with a Roush, their suspension components are sub-par and the car is overpriced IMO.

You should check out my car before you say that Roush suspension is sub-par. My car handles great!!! and I have a 98 GT with LOTS of Maximum Motorsports stuff, and H&R springs. Maybe in the past, but considering Roush is a top Nextel Cup racing team I think they know what's up.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:32 AM
autie
1st Gear Member

They are saying the Jack Roush is the next up and comming Carroll Shelby; i would get a beater but i hate waiting for my car to get out of the shop. Not everyone has a R3!!!
Old 08-19-2006, 03:04 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Who's saying Jack Roush is the next Carroll Shelby? That's like saying George W. is the next George Washington! Roush is a team owner with Ford backing, he's a great manager, but the next Carroll Shelby? They don't make men like good 'ol Carroll anymore, not considered P.C.. Jack's Huevos aren't anywhere near as large as Carroll's, so watch what you think and think what you say. Next Carroll Shelby?! I might just have to forward this to get some good laugh tracks. Ahhhh the ignorance of youth. Just jump in your 50K Mustang, chase some tail and hopefully get some, 'cause you be ill'in.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:35 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Yes, I do agree. Roush, Saleen and Steeda have all done their homework in regards to setting up the Mustang to handle extremely well. Saleen and Steeda on the racetracks and Roush with their close association with Ford. On another note, does anyone remember
Roush's first attempt with the Mustang for general consumption(excluding the stillborn 25th anniversary twinturbo 351 GT of 1989)?The late'94/'95 GT with the weird intake setup? It drew air from the back of a special hood through a unique intake manifold. Not too many exist and not many were sold over the counter, just too little for too much. Besides the 5.0L was dead by then(in new Mustangs). I do not agree with Roush's pieces being subpar, but then again, everyone has their unique experiences with different products. I don't think anyone can go wrong buying from a reputable manufacturer, just need to remember to 'match' parts to one another to get the best overall effect.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:38 AM
autie
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Who's saying Jack Roush is the next Carroll Shelby? That's like saying George W. is the next George Washington! Roush is a team owner with Ford backing, he's a great manager, but the next Carroll Shelby? They don't make men like good 'ol Carroll anymore, not considered P.C.. Jack's Huevos aren't anywhere near as large as Carroll's, so watch what you think and think what you say. Next Carroll Shelby?! I might just have to forward this to get some good laugh tracks. Ahhhh the ignorance of youth. Just jump in your 50K Mustang, chase some tail and hopefully get some, 'cause you be ill'in.
Well that was directly from one of the sales person's that told me that Jack Roush is the next upcomming Mr. Shelby; to tell you the truth FROM WHAT I KNOW; they both are doing the same thing make something out of nothing. They are all Performance Modifying clubs; show who you want because at the end im right. They put better/bigger/badder engines engines in car for people who want to have the power but not go through all the stress themeselfs. http://www.mustangheaven.com/forums/...oto=nextnewest << educate yourself. Either way you put it they are both legends in their own ways.

Quick Reply: Roush 3 worth it?