New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Kid On The Block

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 02:34 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Default New Kid On The Block

Hi all,

My name is Matt and I'm from SoCal. I'm 16 years old and just bought a '99 Mustang GT. A little about my car: 1999 4.6L Mustang GT, Screaming Yellow, Chrome SVT wheels, Dual Flowmasters Welded on, X-pipe with 2 cat. converters, and manual transmission.

I know some people feel akward with a 16 year old driving a GT mustang, but rest assure, I have very much respect for these vehicles. My father and I built a Shelby Cobra last year and I know how these things can move. Easily, the tail can wind up in front of you and I know how this happens. The reason I brought this up is because I was on another forum and they gave me a lot of grief because of my age. I payed for this car myself and respect it with responsibility.

Thanks again, and I'm sure my experience here will be better than other forums.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:38 AM
autie
1st Gear Member

Default RE: New Kid On The Block

Ah man welcome to the young gunners club im a 17 year old (turning 17 sept. 2) and i just ordered a Mustang Roush Stage 3 if you dont mind lets talk on aim; if you have it.

AIM SN: yooo autie
Old 08-19-2006, 11:27 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums...
Old 08-19-2006, 12:15 PM
pony girl 05
3rd Gear Member

Welcome
Old 08-19-2006, 07:55 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Thanks for stating your situation. Good luck with your '99. BTW I'm in SoCal too, in LA, have you been to the Fabulous Fords show at Knott's each April? Great show, gives tons of ideas on what to do/don't do to a Mustang(of course depending on one's taste).
Welcome! I'm gulity of being tough on our youth in this forum, but it's all in search of enlightenment. I'm no end all authority on Mustangs, but I've been involved for over 20 years and I took my lumps as well during my younger days. It's great to see that you and your dad are in this hobby(of working on cars) together, in my opinion, the ulimate way of bonding whether male or female, whether if dad or mom is the teacher, or vice versa!
Old 08-20-2006, 12:51 AM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-21-2006, 03:33 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the welcoming, guys.

05gtdriver, Yes, I have seen the ads for the show but never have I been to one. However, each year my father and I attend the kit car show the following weekend after the Ford show. Next year, for sure I will go. Actually, last year was the first year we entered our Cobra in the show. We are still in the process of building it, (paint, carpet, bugs to fix), but it should be done for sure by the end of this year. I'll post a few pictures of my car.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:16 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Sweet Mustang, you have good, subtle taste(in my opinion). I like the Mach 1 chin spoiler and the '03 Cobra decklid spoiler and chrome wheels always look cool with yellow cars(black with a chrome lip look nice as well). Maybe a Saleen rear 1/4 window treatment? It makes the rear side windows flow with the c-pillar. Take it easy
Old 08-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Twister
5th Gear Member

so, are you hanging tough?
Old 08-21-2006, 09:03 PM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Thanks. Yeah I am really satisfied the overall look and performance of the car. Oh yeah, and I think one thing that makes the car look really cool, but is overseen, is that it has been lowered 1.5 inches.

I don't quite know what you mean by that, Twister?

Quick Reply: New Kid On The Block