New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Startin' with potential

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 08:02 PM
BluByuStang88

Default Startin' with potential

Sup fellas, i'm ryan. Turned 20 this year and i live in VA. Eh, thats enough 'bout me already Well, i got my Stang just a few weeks ago and i have to say, its potential level is pretty high. Its an 88 used-to-be 2.3 LX 5.0 . I have the 85 carburated H.O motor in it with a built C4 tranny and manual valve body. Unfortunately it has a welded 7.5 rear end with 373 posi, but it'll be no prob. goin 8.8 and i figure to keep 3.73's cuz they seem perfect for the car. I have centerline welds so i have the little frontrunners in the front of my car. 4cyl. springs in the rear for squat-n-grip and 8cyl. springs in the front to keep the stiffness. Hava mallory 140 fuel pump, Holley 4777-4 650 carb (pretty much a race carb), edelbrock performer intake, keith black pistons, edlebrock 14" deep flange air breather with K&N filter, 3000 stall, B&M ratchet shifter, and autometer tach. Has a E cam, 93 cobra gt-40 heads, and accel hi-temp 8mm wires. It still strangely has stock exhaust with gutted cats and 2 chamber flows.
In the 2 weeks i've had it, i've fixed the commonly broken exterior door handle, put that bigger edlebrock breather and filter on, put new plugs in, changed the oil (the car sat in the dudes yard for 2 years so it needed some TLC), changed the clearview fuel filter, fixed the power steering, fixed an over heating problem by putting in a 160 thermostat and reversing the fan (someone had it blowing through the radiator instead of sucking air onto the engine) and i've ordered full exhaust. I'm keeping the flows, but i ordered the mac HTS coated off road H pipe and the HTS coated 1 5/8 EQ length headers from mac as well. So as u can see, this car has potential and is already on its way back on to the streets in my area. I bought it knowing everything that was wrong and understanding the attention it needed, and thus far, i'm very satisfied with my buy and how things are coming along. I have alot of work to do still and i'll do my best to update along the way. Until then, yall have a good one. Glad to be a part of the community now.

RMFC
Old 06-21-2004, 09:09 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Startin' with potential

Well its good to have you and welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy yourself.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:12 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

wuts up Ryan ? just turned 20 myself @ 2months ago. car has LOADS of potential man. a "little" stroker, or hell, just bore it .030" over and thatll give u a good lil increase in power. but, either way, welcome. glad u found it.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:34 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

Glad to see another Virginia gentleman join the forums. My Stang is an '88 GT with the 5.0 fuel injected engine. Just a helpful hint, when you go to install those MAC headers, be ready to have some trouble getting the bolt in for the #3 cylinder flange. I had to cut 3 threads off the bolt on mine in order to get it to go into the bolt hole, but I did this one last. You might have better luck making this bolt the first one you install with the headers loose and you might not have to cut off any threads. Also be careful with the spark plug wire on #3 as it will be close to the header pipe and it can get burned, trust me.