New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

looking for a Mustang. Want to know more about it.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 12:47 PM
Leadfoot
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: looking for a Mustang. Want to know more about it.

ORIGINAL: Acer2428

Appeal, Sound, Feel, Confidence......

And the fact that you could lay asleep at night knowing you drive the real deal and ot some fake...Sorry guys, but come on...
That won't fly with my husband. Where's the quality issue? Gotta tell me about the quality.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Acer2428
Site Mod

WTf? Quality?

A Mustang is not built for quality. True, more so than a camaro, but it's no luxury car. It has plastic and things squeak and crack.

It's loud, mean, and fast..... That's all folks.

P.S. V6's are fine, but there's SO DAMN MANY and a lot around here try to pass as V8's...
Old 08-30-2004, 04:43 AM
NemoPony

Actually, Mustangs are built with more quality than most of Ford's passenger cars, but as far as luxury (don't confuse these), nope. Mustangs are built for speed and performance, so the rest is basic (as far as interior) but it's actually fine. If you want luxury you can opt for the leather interior and all the add-ons, and have more stuff upgraded. If you're hubs has the end all-say-all, sorry :-). You could have him look at the mustang websites that rate safety and recall and preformance, given the the year/model you are planning on buying, that may help. Better yet, have HIM test drive the Stang you want to buy. In my own experience, I knew I wanted it, but when my b/f actually drove my Mustang, he was so impressed whe he got out of the car he was smiling from ear to ear and I knew he wished he had my daily driver! Hehe
Old 09-02-2004, 01:43 AM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NemoPony
A V-6 stang is a sweet upgrade from a probe and you'll see it right away.

Most definitely is. I used to have a mazda 626 because that's what my lovely parents decided to get me as my first car. The '00 v6, although not powerful like the v8's, is MUCH better.

My v6 has been my baby for just a year now, but one day I will get my cobra or mach 1. Gotta work my way up, hell... I'm only 18!
Old 09-02-2004, 04:21 AM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Leadfoot

Since I am also looking for a mustang, why do most people suggest a V8? Besides the speed and the rumble that it makes, what else does it have in its favor. Personally, I would love to have a V8 but hubby says I don't need it.

Help me here, I REALLY NEED SOME GOOD RESPONSES to convince him to get a GT instead of a V6 engine. I even said he could drive it once in a while. LOL!!!!
Part of luxury is having power, thats why you can buy a Benz with 600+ hp.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:24 AM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

but then again, mustangs arent really for luxury, still fun to be able to light the tires up in front of people, lmao
Old 09-02-2004, 04:25 AM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

Ugh hate to post a 3rd time, but another thing you have to remember is, mustangs are super easy to find parts for as well, since they are popular. Especially the V8's.