New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

My New Home Away From Home

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 06:53 PM
a4drvr

Default My New Home Away From Home

Hey all,

Well, I got my car on Sunday (8-29-04). Its not the prettiest thing but thats about what I wanted. Alothough its turning out to be a bit more of a project the I anticipated, oh well.

The car is a 87 GT 5sp, I got the car with no motor, half an interior and a really bad paint job. Although I do have the rest of the interior piece, most of the front is shot. After looking over the car more completely I noticed that the rear left seat mount was almost completely gone so first order of buisness is new floor pan.

This is going to be a long time project and always a work in progress so it should be fun and expensive. Enough of the jabbering here are some pics.

Old 08-31-2004, 07:20 PM
StangMang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My New Home Away From Home

Hey welcome to the boards and congrats on the car...it does need some TLC...well alot right now...haha...but how much did u pay???...j/w
Old 08-31-2004, 08:05 PM
bacon
3rd Gear Member

welcome to the forums
Old 08-31-2004, 08:13 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

That will be one hot car once you get her fixed up. Welcome also.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:00 PM
a4drvr

but how much did u pay???...j/w
Well I didnt really pay anything for it. I actually traded a 96 Sea-Doo GSX PWC for it. There were some problem with it, but the market for them is very tough here so all in all I guess I may have lost a little but either way I got the car. And the selection for Mustangs sucks here also so it was a win win. I guess.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:10 AM
Frank_Bullitt
1st Gear Member

Nice car, takes a strong persion to take a project car on. Hope you finish it in flying colors man!
Old 09-01-2004, 01:04 AM
a4drvr

Yeah I hope I do too. Although 2 good friends of mine both have Mustangs, ones an 88 and the other is an 87 so that will be enough motivation to get mine done.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:26 AM
ParrotHead
2nd Gear Member

Hey, welcome to the show.. One thing that I have to point out is that no matter how bad of shape you think your car is in, well, the more work that you put into the more that it is yours. A lot of people in here have answers for your upcoming questions. I suggest that you hit up the guy named Roundman if you have any questions. Again, welcome!

p.s.-sorry to put you out there like that Roundman! LOL....
Old 09-01-2004, 02:56 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

something about white cars. i guess because white is synonomous with "innocent", but we all know a 5.0 in NO WAY will EVER be innocent(at least not in most of our hands) . shell be a "beaut" when you get done w/ her. hell, she looks good now except for the front. but, good luck on the project. oh yeah. welcome aboard
Old 09-01-2004, 04:37 AM
BlueDemon
3rd Gear Member

I have to agree with some of the other guys,it's going to be alot of work but it'll be worth it in the long run.Maybe when your done you'll be able to blow away your friends with it, ha ha. Good luck with it

Quick Reply: My New Home Away From Home