New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

just thought id drop a line

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 05:41 PM
jrwisdom

Default just thought id drop a line

hey, well the reason why i am posting is I got my first car about a week ago. I've always liked mustangs, but i never thought my first car would be one. I'm 18 and i have been saving up for years to buy a car, I think since age 11. Dad had the bug and well im a carrier too. My car is a 1995 Mustang gt, coupe, white, with the 5.0 liter v8.It has an overdrive automatic, which granted smetimes can be depressing, but when im in rush hour on the 57 freeway for an hour and a half of parking lot bliss, it gets the job done. The car has 96k miles, and i really havent had time to do any mods (the real reason is cash) I started college a couple of weeks ago so my wallet is pretty empty. When i bought the car it already had a cat-back exhaust and some 17" wheels. The only other change is it has an aftermarkt cd player, notice i didn't say it has system, i just wanted something that would let me play all my 60's rock collection while driving an hour and a half each way to school. Does anyone know what kind of numbers i can expect to get, also does anyone have any suggestions on how to get these cars to handle better, i've heard that lowering them an inch all around seems to help as long as you fix the front suspension to stop bump steer. The car stops fine its got abs and discs all around. Well any performance advice or general info or hell even just comments would be great.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:52 PM
StangMang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: just thought id drop a line

Great to hear about your new whip...and welcome to the forums!!
Old 09-02-2004, 07:09 PM
White2000GT
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum. I'm not an expert like some people in here are, but just read around in some of the posts and you will always find the info you are looking for.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:21 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!

I hear ya on the money/college thing. That's the only reason I'm driving a v6 and nothing with more kick. But once we get out of college, we can both ride in style.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:18 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

welcome aboard. a 'Stang is a 'Stang. v6 or 5.0 or 4.6. it doesnt matter. as long as its got the oval on it. and Pony, you can ride in style with me ANYTIME YOU WANT. lol well, if i wasnt in there youd be riding in style. HAHA
Old 09-03-2004, 07:12 AM
NemoPony

'Tis right, a Stang is a Stang. Hey RTP a 6'er is nothing to feel bad about, hell you could be driving a ricer! :-)
Welcome to the boards, look around and have fun. There's a buttload of info on here, use it and have fun in your first car...ya lucky sob!
Old 09-03-2004, 03:51 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

Welcome! Anyone who digs 60's rock is A-OK with me too! Does my old heart good to see a youngster with some good taste in music and cars too!
Old 09-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Frank_Bullitt
1st Gear Member

95 GT Mustang is a great car to have. I know alot of guys in my area that are having to make do with there junkers. One of my friends dream car is any mustang but is totally lost on getting one. He also is going to collage and makes do with a junker.

So to Pony and Jrwisdom, you guys are riding with class in my book.

And do ad some fun to the ride a good place to look for cost and great parts is Steeda.com or www.Mustangsunlimited.com. I haven't used Steeda for a mustang but my SVT Focus likes them. And for cost and parts Unlimited is a dream come true for my 67. Best of luck!