New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Pic of my ride

Old 10-15-2004, 06:40 PM
MustangSally99
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Pic of my ride

I think I'm going to like it here...all youse guys are so nice!

I just picked up the Cobra. One owner, garage kept, under 17,000 miles. Only thing that surprised me was the missing plastic grill piece. I thought it would look like the '99, but they said no, there isn't anything there to protect the radiator. I think that's a poor design. And the leather on the driver's side seat was partially blue. The rep said it had faded, but I said I didn't care, do something about is, so they're going to dye the leather to match the other seat. But over all, it's a beautiful car, and I love it!!
Old 10-16-2004, 07:23 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

Cobra good. Me likey
Old 10-16-2004, 11:06 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Cool I like cobras . Welcome to the forums. If you need help with anything just ask.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:07 AM
NemoPony

Congrats on the Cobra, she's a beauty! So how does it drive compared to your last Stang?
Old 10-18-2004, 01:31 AM
Phirantes
2nd Gear Member

Hey sally, did you know your last stang is a 99' Limited Edition? meaning if your selling it, you can prolly get a $1000 or more out of your asking price....
i know that there was only 515 white LEs made and that was of both convert and coupe, so your prolly looking at your car being 1 of 250 identically like it.
Didn't know if you knew, cause i don't think most people know that the Limited editions were even made. I think it's cool cause the LE's actually came out with all the effects of a 2001 gt but in 99... ie, raised hood scoop, different side scoops, and wing , things like that. Just thought i'd put my two cents in, since i've never seen, or talked to another person with an LE

oh, and check out the www.mustang35th.com registery to get the exact serial number of your car! may help with the selling, i know it did for my cars past owner
Old 10-18-2004, 01:35 AM
2001_SaleenS281_08
5th Gear Member

welcome!!!!!
Old 10-18-2004, 02:04 AM
mustangmomma2000
I ♥ Acer

i see some nice stangs in here. now i gotta get my pic up here too and fast.. she is beautiful and i just love her.nice rides ...............i like
Old 10-25-2004, 02:59 PM
MustangSally99
1st Gear Member

And here we are...

So all 35th Anniversary Editions are Limited Editions? And only less than 3,000 convertibles made?? I've been thinking of keeping it...I just hate to let her go, she's been a great car. I don't owe that much, only $8,000. I was gonna sell her for $9,000.

I did some burnouts to see how BadSally handled...rear end jumped all over the place! She hopped up and down like crazy, I think I need some serious weight back there. Horsepower is what I expected, handles like a dream. A bit noisy, but all the converts are I think.

How do I get the pic bigger??

[IMG]local://upfiles/9569/05A10A05C18549568E9715A340461159.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-27-2004, 01:29 PM
Phirantes
2nd Gear Member

Original: MustangSally99

So all 35th Anniversary Editions are Limited Editions? And only less than 3,000 convertibles made?? I've been thinking of keeping it...
Actually no, not all 35th anniversaries are Limited, only 4,628 of the many 35th anniversary GT's were made limited... thats not very many cause i see regular 35ths running around all the time but i have never seen a Limited. and yes there were only 2310 converts made, but that is a collective number for all four colors made. heres some production numbers of the Limiteds

Production Numbers ( LIMITED EDITION 35ths GTs ONLY... NOT REGULAR 35ths GTs or v6's... there is a difference)
Total production was 4,628 vehicles.
Breakdowns by body style:
Coupe - 2318
Convertible - 2310.
Breakdowns by color:
Red - 1555
Black - 1299
Silver - 1259
White - 515

(they don't have a breakdown by both style and color but theoretically, if they made half the whites cars converts your looking at around only 257 white converts.... thats pretty rare)

check this sight out it will help alot http://www.mustang35th.com/facts.html , and if you want you can register your car find out exactly what Number of 4,628 yours is and get a production # plate to stick in you car since they didn't come with one....

for the most part the limited edition special features were cosmetic only they run exactly like all other stock 99+ gts
... some of the things that clued me to you having a LE is the hood stripe that come stock from the factory, and the rims, only LE have those style rims in a more polished look with the grey paint accents in the spokes and the center cap horse.... i'm guessing you have a blackout panel between your tail lights as well. inside, the cars have silver accents in the door panel and silver inserts in the seats with silver horses.... a silver instrment panel and 35th anniversairy floormats, oh yeah for all you who think mach I shift ***** were unique hah! they came in the LE's (i'm not hating on the mach I i actually want one lol)... another thing to note, is that if you check out regular 35ths they have no raised hood scoops, no full size side scoops and they don't have the wing similar to ours, these are all 2000+ mustang features but the appeared on our cars ayear early...i always have ppl mistaking my car for around a 2002, even mustang enthusiests that know what to look for, just most ppl don' know about LE's... hope this helps, and i plan on always keeping my car, hopefully i'll never have to sell it, and i hope you wont have to either... it's a very rare car and you'll be lucky if you just ever come across another ..hope this helps, lemmie know if you have any questions
Old 10-27-2004, 02:17 PM
rtm
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangSally99

I did some burnouts to see how BadSally handled...rear end jumped all over the place! She hopped up and down like crazy, I think I need some serious weight back there.

That would be wheel-hop. It's common with IRS, especially 99 & 01.

When you feel it hop like that, you need to lay off the gas or you could break a half-shaft.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pic of my ride