New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

1st Mustang...have questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 12:31 AM
SexyFStreetRacer

Default RE: 1st Mustang...have questions

I have a 99 lowered cobra convertible, I use BRUSHLESS carwash's all the time... However i will warn you... where to top joints come together in the middle section...mine do leak...however it is a 99, so i just bring acouple extra towles.... small price to pay ....(in my book)
I bring up the point of it being lowered due to the fact i dont know what stock sets at.... some carwash's with rails tend to have an incline in the middle, (repair shops aswell)....which i've been known to scrape a time or two.... Just do alittle prehand research, and look on the bright side, you'll always know exactly how many quarters to bring....lol... Good luck....Hope this helps.... april
Old 10-24-2004, 01:21 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

I'm working on it. Maybe I'll get some tomorrow. Mine is black too. I will probally make a new post in apperance when I do, so look out. Later man. And by the way what do you suggest for small circular surface scratches.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:22 AM
bacon
3rd Gear Member

welcome to the forums sexy
Old 10-24-2004, 01:34 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

sexy? Wow bacon thats crazy and by the way I would love to eat some bacon.[quote]["Hi, I'm Bacon...eat me!" /quote]That always make me laugh.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:41 AM
bacon
3rd Gear Member

I was talking about sexyfstreetracer.....sorry buddy you can't eat me
Old 10-24-2004, 01:49 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Oo0o0o0o0o0o0. I see now. And please can I eat you. You say to eat you on your signature. J/K. I get wacky when I'm up late.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:50 AM
bacon
3rd Gear Member

ok and I'm a dude....
Old 10-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Frank_Bullitt
1st Gear Member

Black is always a fav of mine. Would love to take a look.

And by the way what do you suggest for small circular surface scratches.
For surface scratches (Which come from bad towels, rags and Auto car washs) I would go with Griot's Garage Find hand polish. Or if you have a air hose you can hook up to then would go a buffer and there Machine polish. They also sale the bust Pads for taking the scratches out.
another thing you might want to try if not the polishing way. Is get there Best of Show wax (which by the way is the best wax I have ever used) and wax your car a couple of times, the wax will fill in those nasty scrathes and make the car look how you say...Bling Bling. My SVT Focus (which is also black) and mustang never go with out Best of show wax cuz it protects them from all the hazards that might fall on them. one coat lasts about 2 mounths (4 if car is not outside alot). and if you double it will last longer and protect better. (I also got some trick on how to put it on.)
Old 10-25-2004, 12:09 PM
halej4

Thanks for your help! Good info to have.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:45 PM
STKClutch
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Frank_Bullitt

Hello and welcome to the forums! GT's are always a blast!

About your questions, I own my own car wash Co. and I have been taking care of alot of the hot new rides out by me and I will say one thing is a must if you don't want to scrach the heck out of your car is keep it away from Auto car wash's. They do no good to the body and in the long run they will eat away it the top. For cleaning the top they sell top cleaners that will keep it the true color and protect it like a wax. Autozone or any place such at this would have these things. It's def good idea to looking into good car care stuff for keeping your stang in the best of shape. I only use the best and I have to for all the Stangs, BMWs, Porsche's, Corvettes and such that have been coming through. The best stuff I have found is all Griot's Garage stuff.

Best of luck with the on going fight of keeping your baby clean!
Wow from a guy that owns car washes and such, hes telling us not to go thanks for benig so honest

Quick Reply: 1st Mustang...have questions