New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Leaving import for domestic, please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 11:48 AM
97 GSR

Default Leaving import for domestic, please help

Before this I wrote a long detailed story and I guess the damn computer erased it[:@] So here is a summery.
1. bought an integra, no torque, did not like
2. want a 5.0
3.7500.00 dollars to spend
4.daily driven car
My first thought was to find a early nineties mustang body and buy a brand new crate motor and tranny so it will be like new.... any thoughts, theories, and oppinions are appreciated...
Old 12-04-2004, 12:14 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Leaving import for domestic, please help

that sounds like a plan Maybe find one with a bum motor so you can get it cheaper, maybe 1500 - 2k if it's in otherwise good shape - get a nice crate motor or have one built, some CobraR wheels would be nice too on a fox
Old 12-04-2004, 12:16 PM
vshayes
I ♥ Acer

^^^^^^^ Loves cobra R rims LOL ^^^^^^^^

welcome to the forum and I wish you good luck doing all of that
Old 12-04-2004, 12:35 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

i like 'em too......wuts wrong w/ Cobra R's V ??? haha. sounds like a plan bro. altho, nothing wrong w/a GSR, 'cept, the fact, it doesnt have TORQUE that you can feel in the seat of your pants when you put the pedal to the floor. but, good luck on finding one. and for $7500, you should be able to EASILY find something. hell, look for one w/ no engine, just a somewhat nice body and drivetrain and build a high performance motor for it, or just but a crate engine like you said. either way, welcome to the boards, good luck and keep us posted.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:43 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Welcome to the forums. Let us know what you decide on.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:46 PM
vshayes
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Grn N Gry 5OH

i like 'em too......wuts wrong w/ Cobra R's V ??? haha. sounds like a plan bro. altho, nothing wrong w/a GSR, 'cept, the fact, it doesnt have TORQUE that you can feel in the seat of your pants when you put the pedal to the floor. but, good luck on finding one. and for $7500, you should be able to EASILY find something. hell, look for one w/ no engine, just a somewhat nice body and drivetrain and build a high performance motor for it, or just but a crate engine like you said. either way, welcome to the boards, good luck and keep us posted.
nothing is wrong with them, but that is all I hear about lol... I think they are nice too.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:41 PM
OUZBnd
3rd Gear Member

welcome
Old 12-04-2004, 01:56 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vshayes

ORIGINAL: Grn N Gry 5OH

nothing is wrong with them, but that is all I hear about lol... I think they are nice too.
ohhhh, ok. lol i cant decide between the '93 Cobras i bought, or Cobra R's............
Old 12-04-2004, 03:05 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Welcome!! Sounds like you made the right choice.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:11 PM
97 GSR

Thanks guys, I feel very welcome here... I did some research on a 3500.00 dollar crate 302 with gt40 heads, only one complaint, It did not specify carburation or not. How much for a new 5spd tranny?? As for my integra, Damn, where do i start? Ok, about 3 days ago all in one day beginning the night before actually I had a dream that my radiator blew and spewed coolant all over my engine which in turn pushed my over the edge as to want to give up on my integra... Well.... The next day, I misplaced about 500 of my dollars, got fired, was refused my final paycheck, and (drumroll) I blew my ****in radiator spewing radiator fluid all over my vtec engine... True story, no bull. Go to honda-tech.com for the proof and look under integra forum for 97 GSR's post of fed upness... I find it so weird that I had a dream this happened and it did though... honestly, god, I swear dreams do mean something... And that's the whole reason I'm here.... I test drove a 5.0 the other day just to make sure this time it was a car I liked... And I liked it very much. The only thing I did not like was the stupid *** dealer trying to sell 300,000 mile 5.0 that barely started and was not even faster than my integra due to very poor injectors I assume for 6000.00, I guess he thought I was a fool... I loved it though, It had a serious problem with accelerating at high speed though, I floored in third at 60mph and it took Sooooo long for it to hit the 6000 redline, I swear my 4 banger was faster. I love the shifting, handling, sound, and feel though. Oh yeah, and unlike a GM the windows and all interior buttons worked even after 300,000 miles!! Yeah, I think Ill be happy with this car...

Quick Reply: Leaving import for domestic, please help