New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

WHAT TO DO???????

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 01:28 AM
FOTOMAN

Default WHAT TO DO???????

Hiya Guys...Im a counselor here in NC and have a Photography Business on the side...I photographed a killer 86 GT the other week for a guy who just finished his Stang and I myself am a Previous 92GT owner....bone stock except for nice cat back Flowmasters, pullies, and a K&N System. I havent owned a Mustang since about 96. The new Tangs are unreal!!!!! Although, my dream Tang was always a BLACK 93 COBRA, but never could afford one(STILL CANT). I am wanting to get back into the fever. I'd prefer a Foxbody GT, just for the styling. Those 5.0 motors were really a great motor. I am looking at spending less than ten thousand to start off. What should I look at most.....mileage? Body? or performance...I know its alot cheaper to get a mustang with MODS rather than buy and have them installed myself. Of course a car with 550 RWHP can very well be run into the ground too. Im looking to get around 400HP or a little more maybeand still be able to STREET the car...I wont be dragging it. Just something to rub on and drive on occassion. Any suggestions on how to start and what to start with.......Ive seen people selling supercharged GT's with 4 to 5 RWHP for8 to 14K.....with decent paint jobs and good trannies........of course I could get a 4 thousand dollar GT....but then spend a rediculous amount on the engine and paint. WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO......I know I'll have more in it than I want ........I was just wondering what the best way to start would be?
Old 04-06-2008, 04:20 PM
07cspony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WHAT TO DO???????

Welcome to the forums...just pick one and start...everything journey starts with the first step...just pick one...you're going to spend money no matter which way you go. IMO I'd start with a sound body (no rust) and a good drive train and go from there.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Steph97GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: WHAT TO DO???????

Welcome to the forums!