New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Pics of my '94 Cobra/Saleen

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 02:31 PM
ArmchairDeity
1st Gear Member

Default Pics of my '94 Cobra/Saleen

Here are some pics of my Faleen... it was kitted out with the S351 front, door and rear body kit items brefore I bought it. Yeah, yeah, you don't like my biplane spoiler. Deal with it. So you don't like the idea of adding a body kit to a Cobra. So you don't think it's a real Cobra.

I like it.
I didn't do it, but it works.
It is, I've confirmed and reconfirmed it and reconfirmed it again.

Maybe someday I'll finish it with the S351 or S281 spoiler and Saleen wheels. For now, it is what it is. Since this is my dream car (I wanted a Mustang since I was 5!) I'm pretty happy with it even if it's a little funky. At the very least I'm gonna rip the SVT and extra Snake badges off it sometime soon... like as soon as I figure out if a screwdriver and some acetone will work or if I'm gonna wreck something with that method.

Any comments, critical or otherwise, are welcome.

Nice:

Cobra wheels and brakes:

Saleenified corner lights and track wing

Non-stock badging and aftermarket bumper:

114k Miles, 160MPH speedo and a COBRA steering wheel...

Old 04-14-2008, 07:43 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Pics of my '94 Cobra/Saleen

Looks good, I'd leave the cobra badging on. Since it is a real cobra. But take off the saleen and supercharged badges off. Definetely a good deal for 4k. New headlights and saleen rims would make that thing look crazy.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:15 PM
ArmchairDeity
1st Gear Member

Maybe I should just reinstall the GTS blackout light covers? I definitely wanna put Saleen wheels on it now. I'd never thought of it before.

I like your LX... clean and straightforward. I want to put a new header-back system on it. I was thinking of the Pypes Beast system, but I don't mind my Flowmaster 3-chamber sound. Any suggestions as to if I should go with an X pipe, or a h-pipe? I wanna get rid of the cats, badly. I can use the xtra HP.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:57 PM
1995 Mustang GT
1st Gear Member

I'm not one to give advice but heres my 2 pennies. I have a 95 Gt, my buddys got the same car. We both have the exact same mods but hes running a bbk x pipe and Ive got an O/R h. We both have the flowmaster 40 series 2 chambers and my exhaust sound drowns his out completely. I like louder, thats just me. But on the other hand, another guy I know has an h-pipe with an slp loudmouth exhaust and he blows me away as far as exhaust tone. Plus I would probably say the slp is going to give you a little more performace than a flowmaster 40 series kit. It also wouldnt hurt to get an egr eliminator. That will free up some hp and give her a nice deep tone with whatever exhaust you choose.

You definately need to open her up a little bit either way, new headers a mid pipe and an exhaust will liven her up like you wont believe. Dont be cheap on the headers either, its not worth it in the long run, youll just be getting new ones down the road. Definately want ceramic coated! All said and done, that will probably free up a healthy 12-20 hp.

BTW, Nice car and like "getafewlives" said, great find for only 4k!!!

ORIGINAL: ArmchairDeity

Maybe I should just reinstall the GTS blackout light covers? I definitely wanna put Saleen wheels on it now. I'd never thought of it before.

I like your LX... clean and straightforward. I want to put a new header-back system on it. I was thinking of the Pypes Beast system, but I don't mind my Flowmaster 3-chamber sound. Any suggestions as to if I should go with an X pipe, or a h-pipe? I wanna get rid of the cats, badly. I can use the xtra HP.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:03 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

I prefer H pipes. More of a deep rumble rather than a rapsy sound. But at the same time I've heard some nice x pipes.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:44 PM
ArmchairDeity
1st Gear Member

Hey, 1995 Mustang GT, I'm running Flowmaster 50 Delta Flows on mine. They came with the car. Someone put at least $2500 into the body kit and exhaust before I bought it.

Crap I've spent the last 2 hours doing Google searches for 1994 Cobra headers and they have everything under the sun for '86 thru '96 and 1996 and up, but it's like the '94 and '95 models just... vanished. I did find some shorty headers from Pypes and BBK, but none of them are ceramic coated. I'd like the ceramic '93 headers from Ford Racing since the pair is only $350 or so, that'd be sweet. I guess I've have to post to the tech forums when I actually have the cash to do anything about it. Beware, gents, having a kid will put a dent in your motorsports spending. You'll be buying diapers instead of tires!

As for the badges, I realized tonight (trying to take them off) that the SVT badge was on there when the car was painted last. I guess the extra badging is on there till I'm ready to get the car painted.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:52 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ArmchairDeity

Hey, 1995 Mustang GT, I'm running Flowmaster 50 Delta Flows on mine. They came with the car. Someone put at least $2500 into the body kit and exhaust before I bought it.

Crap I've spent the last 2 hours doing Google searches for 1994 Cobra headers and they have everything under the sun for '86 thru '96 and 1996 and up, but it's like the '94 and '95 models just... vanished. I did find some shorty headers from Pypes and BBK, but none of them are ceramic coated.
'94 and '95 would be included in "'86 thru '96"

And why would you want to remove the svt badge, if it is infact a "svt cobra?"
Old 04-14-2008, 09:59 PM
ArmchairDeity
1st Gear Member

Sorry I meant I can find 86 thru 93 and 96 thru 04... it's hard finding 94 and 95 headers, supercharchers, etc. It seems that Fox and Modular SN95s have tons of parts for them. I keep wondering, though... why wouldn't headers for a 93 fit a 94 5.0? Were the changes that drastic?

I was gonna pull the SVT and Cobra badges since the original Cobra body didn't have them. It's not a big deal... just figured I'd see if I could get them off easily. Since I can't, well.. they get to stay!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:10 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

ooh, didnt know they weren't "stock" badges.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:15 PM
ArmchairDeity
1st Gear Member

Apparently when they did my car they were working from something they'd seen before:

I think it was simply an easy way to add functional aerodynamics to a Cobra because they were building a track car. It's crazy, cuz at 110 MPH the aerodynamics kick in and the thing rides like a Cadillac. Before that it rides like an old lumber wagon.

Quick Reply: Pics of my '94 Cobra/Saleen