New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

'07 GT/CS - Black

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 08:07 PM
indyschmidt

Default '07 GT/CS - Black

Well, I am not entirely new, though I've only posted a handful of messages. I had an '89 that I started to gut but was spending too much money on so I got rid of it and all the parts for it. Now I own a 2007 GT/CS in black with the black/dove interior, which I am in love with. Sadly the car costs me a ton of money to insure and own because I'm stupid and don't save up for a down payment or anything of the sort. I traded a 2002 Ranger, which I also thoroughly enjoyed, for this car and ended up in the hole about $500, which is the best I've done so far.

Anyway, the car has about 15,500 miles on it already. I bought it with 9,002 on December 1, 2007, so you can see I really like to drive far too much in this car. I've lost about $1000 in value because of it (according to Kelley Blue Book). Oh well. I love it. I've never owned anything as powerful as this and as fun to drive.

So far I've only bought a few small things to tighten up the ***-end and the drivetrain: Steeda's HD engine mounts, a Pro 5.0 shifter, Maximum Motorsports adjustable rear lower control arms, and Maximum Motorsports adjustable panhard bar.

The engine mounts are fantastic because when the engine starts the entire car torques around instead of just the engine. The downside here is there'll probably be more chassis twisting as a result.

The Pro 5.0 shifter is fantastic although I've still managed to miss the simplest of shifts (1st to 2nd for instance...) because I was being lazy and not focusing on the act. This is also my first manual transmission car, and will certainly not be my last. When it comes time to get on it I've never missed a beat with this thing.

The LCAs are amazing. I had a small problem where the jam nuts backed off from MM and the axle shifted about 2-3 inches rearward after the arm threaded out almost entirely, but other than that they're wonderful. There is a noticeable difference when hitting a turn ***** to the wall. Before the *** end would easily slide out and be all over the place, but these have all but eliminated that for me. I have to really work to get the car to cut loose now and when it does it's all in the tires now instead of the chassis. As for the panhard bar, I have not worked to center the axle yet but I'll be doing that soon (MM suggests that the factory tends to shift it towards the driver's side of the car a little bit and that centering it would be useful for track use).

If I can hold on to the car long enough I'd really like to do some track racing in this thing after I get some new brake equipment (really the weakest link in the car for me). There's nothing I hate more than having the car dive all over the place and the wheel shimmying as much as 4 inches either direction when getting on the brakes. My Taurus doesn't even do that at 100mph. The Mustang does it at 80. I'm also really not happy with the hood shake at 80mph+, though if you get up a fast enough speed there seems to be enough pressure to keep it from doing that.

I'd also like to get over to a one-piece driveshaft, but there seems to be an awful lot of mixed results with that depending on the manufacturer. I'm liking the Roush hardcore driveshaft. I'm also *really* liking the Roush carbon fiber fenders. They're about $800 a piece I think? I'm looking at the Steeda race cowl hood for cooling and pressure relief concerns and their front fascia, which I really like. Of course, "looking" and "buying" are two different things. I don't really make enough to justify owning this car to begin with.

Anyway, to cut things off now I'll link in some pictures.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:13 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: '07 GT/CS - Black

Good looking stang!
Old 04-18-2008, 11:00 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Now that's a sweeet A$$ RIDE!!! sooo jealous!!

Congrats on the new Mustang CS!!!

Enjoy!

Old 04-19-2008, 11:38 AM
weav38

good looking ride very nice
Old 04-20-2008, 02:11 PM
07cspony
3rd Gear Member

Great looking ride...I love the GT/CS stangs...wonder why.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:39 PM
mustangcobra94
3rd Gear Member

awsome looking car!
Old 04-20-2008, 04:44 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Nice Car! Welcome to the forums!!
Old 04-21-2008, 04:06 PM
indyschmidt

Thanks to all who complimented! It's nice to finally own something that's actually worth every penny I pay for it (which is plenty of pennies to be sure, for me).
Old 04-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Obsequious1
5th Gear Member

Once you go black you never go back .lol
Old 04-22-2008, 05:41 PM
tomasaxel

Nice car, I understand why you like it!!

Quick Reply: '07 GT/CS - Black