New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 01:46 AM
Bunkins

Default Newbie

Hows it goin? I havnt been on a Mustang forum in a long time, figured I was missing out on to much info so I decided to find a new place to hang out.As for my toys, I've got a few to many. First up, my 79 Mustang..

I got it back running last yr, had been down for 5 yrs after a fire burned it basicly to the ground. Could never decide what I wanted to do with it, thats why it took so long to get it running. I get bad mouthed by a lot of the guys around here for putting a IRS from a 04 Cobra under it. Bad mouthed because I drag race, I guess if ya dont have a solid axle ya must not be serious huh? It's got everything but control arm bushings and tubular control arms. Just havnt gotten around to the bushings yet, and control arms are way over priced, for what I'm doing anyways.

Right at this point it just has a stock parts 302, has about 40 passes on it, and very few street miles. I had it layin around and tossed it in the car just so I could play with it. Same goes with the T-5.. I'm running MegaSquirt for my EFI computer, I LOVE it, last yr the car was consistant +/- .03 of a second, and has pretty good manors. This yr I'm doing a first for me, running a 100 shot of N2O. Plans were to put a T-70 turbo on it, but I decided I had better take care of other things first.. So far this yr it's ran a 13.4 @ 99 MPH in the 1/4. Keep in mind thats on a stock 302 with a 100 shot. My 60 ft's are HORIBLE, 2.2. Havnt been able to find wheels so I can put some desent tires under it, thats my only complaint with the IRS, I cant find wheels to fit a Fox Body running IRS other than a 17'. I'm looking into custom wheels now.. It's just a matter of time before she's in the 12's with this combo, needs tires and a bit more tuning. Running the 13.4 in the 1/4 I'm shifting at 4300 RPM because for some odd reason it keeps going lean above that. So once my 60 ft's are down, and I get the A/F problem figured it I expect this car to dip into the 12's. I'm pretty proud of that.

It's a full bodied car, has electric seats, radio, will have A/C ( I'm a Transport Refrigeration/Diesel Tech, so what does that say about me if my vehicles dont have A/C? [8D]).. Plans are to get the car in the 10's ( not with the 302 ), and still be very streetable ( hence the turbo ).. It's my baby, that car will go with me to the grave HAHAHA.. The car has been in my family since it was new, it was also my first car. It wont live it's life on the track, nor will it see a lot of street time. I just want it to be a good looking car, that can tear up the track, or take a weekend trip to where ever. Atleast with the amount of money I've put it in, it had better be what I want it to be LOL. It still has a LONG way to go, but she'll get there.

The 2nd is actually my dad's car, but I've turned the wrenches on it, so I claim it Just a 98 GT, running a Powerdyne at 6 PSI, just stuck a T-56 in it after the 'ol man trashed the T-45 at the track it's first time out after the Powerdyne. Car still has a crazy low gear ratio, we have a set of 3:73's for it. A set of Patriot Stage 2 heads, as well as a set of custom ground cams. He hasnt been in a hurry to bolt that stuff on,maybe next winter, hard to say..Not sure where this car will go, he likes to play on the track, but mostly it's just a driver..

The 3rd is a car I just bought from a buddy who needed the money. A 99 Cobra.. I say it's stock, but the engine has had a ton of work.. Will be the 3rd engine this car has had, I have no idea why so many ( he wont say why, probably because he screwed up ), but I know all of them were low mileage engine's. I just got the car, with the engine and related parts still in boxes. I've yet to go through them with my buddy yet, but I know it has aftermarket forged pistons, H-beam rods, and yeah, thats about all I know LOL. It will be a while before I mess with it, but plans are to leave it as stock as possible. I've had a thing for this car since I first saw it, and I think it should remain in stock form as best as I can keep it.. I've got a "go fast" car, I dont need another one.

As for the trucks, the Ford is just a hauler and daily.It scoots along, 9.7 in the 1/8th ( never ran it 1/4 ). The Dodge is the tow rig for the 79 back and forth to the track ( for out of town trips the F-250 hauls it ), my daily, and I offroad in it from time to time. It's a 5 speed so track times are slow, it's like trying to row a boat shifting that thing.Both are ranchtrucks, but also very well kept.We have 7 horses and 30 head of cattle. So if they're notbeing usedfor that stuff, they're haulin cars to the track.

Anywho, I've got a lot of junk, Everything I own has been modified one way or another. I cant leave anything alone LOL. Which also means I'm pretty much broke all the time HAHAHA. I'll see if I can round up some pics later on.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:20 AM
mustangmatt63
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Newbie

Welcome to the Forums!!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:21 AM
SumterBoy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Newbie

Welcome, nice novel
Old 05-14-2008, 11:57 AM
22Stang08