New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 12:35 PM
bigmustangfan

Default New to the forum

Hello,

I am a Texan that was born in Georgia that now lives in London. I think the rule is once a Texan always a Texan. As other Texan's would agree; American by luck, Texan by the grace of God.

As my name suggests I am a big Mustang fan and have owned a few over the years and the 2005 has gotten my all fired up again. I think maybe the 2007 GT500 is taking me over the top but I am trying to control myself. My first Mustang was a 78 Mustang II, now do you have an idea of how much I like them?? My first proper Stang was an 85 GT. I loved that car and all of its 209 stock ponies. I put a monster stereo in it, that was when it was really new to have serious jams and still a novelty as some will remember. I had Thomas Fetcher at Audio Concepts put it in, not sure if anyone knows or remembers Thomas, but at the time he had the loudest car stereo in the world in his Toyota 4Runner. I had 10 speakers, four of which were 15's and a little over 1000 watts, they counted whole watts then so today that would be three or four thousand I believe.

After 160,000 earned miles I sold my 85. I actually went to the dark side and got an 88 Trans-AM, nightmare that was. [sm=boosign.gif] A few years later I was back in a Stang. This time I went convertible. I got a 92 LX 5.0. Really liked it but made one fatale mistake and got an Automatic. [sm=headbang.gif] That was extremely frustrating. It looked like a Mustang, it sounded like a Mustang but it drove like a Crown Vic. I did have some great times in that car though. I lived in Atlanta and we used to love to go up to the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee for the weekend. There are few things like dropping the top on your 5.0 on a gorgeous day through the mountains. Even in an auto, heck, the auto was probably best for that anyway. I put over 100k on that Stang and was itching for a truck again so it was sold.

The 92 was great but the auto, no offence to the auto enthusiasts on here, took the bite out of it, at least for me. I just had to get my right hand on a proper Mustang gearbox and as soon as possible so it didn’t take too long and I found myself in a 1996 Cobra. Now this was the ride I had been waiting for!! The Mach 460 it had was even a pretty decent system, of course I had to help it out with a couple of tens in the truck but it was certainly respectable. It was rare though that I had it on while driving alone. The best music was the trademark deep throaty sound we all know from the Cobra. I loved that car. After only a few years and two kids it was time for a Ford Explorer (You know I got the 5.0 though) and the Cobra had to go…. [sm=boohoo.gif]

Well, I am living in London now and driving a Rover!! For those that don’t know, a Rover is….well……a Rover. It has a motor they got from Honda (Little Civic one but no VTEC). The motor is by far the best part because, let’s face it, Honda can build a motor but again, it came out of a Civic and it is not a VTEC so really. You have to feel for me as it is quite pathetic but at nearly 9 dollars a gallon, admittedly, a Stang loses a little of its appeal. So basically, I am counting the days until my return and dreaming of driving down wide roads behind the wheel of some proper American muscle!! [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Well, that is surely far more than anyone wanted to know but there ya go.

Cheers…..

Old 05-10-2005, 01:04 PM
broke88
1st Gear Member

Default RE: New to the forum

Ah!!! a true Georxan (jor-zan) lol just kiddin.

Hurry back to the states andwelcome to the forums
Old 05-10-2005, 01:09 PM
bigmustangfan

Exactly!! Thanks and glad to be here. I am counting the days. The taxes and lack of V8s is killing me

Old 05-10-2005, 01:53 PM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

welcome to the forums. do you have pics of your stangs?
Old 05-10-2005, 02:03 PM
bigmustangfan

I am sure I do, well I doubt of the 78. I avoided camera's, crowd's and people in general with that one. I am 90% sure I have pic's of the vert and the Cobra. The 85 maybe tough as well. I have a reason to look now though.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:24 PM
bacon
3rd Gear Member

welcome to the forums
Old 05-11-2005, 01:02 AM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

welcome to the forum
its a great place here

got pics of your stang?