New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Information on 91 7 Up edition sought

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Question Information on 91 7 Up edition sought

I need help! As an afterthought, I began attempting to find information on the 7 Up cars produced in 90 and 91. All were convertible LX 5.0 cars with white and titanium upholstery, top boot, etc.

Not realizing this car really was a special edition, we've completely converted it to something entirely different, which I absolutely adore, but would like to know more about the 'former' life of my car. It appears one of these cars in pristine condition is worth a great deal of moolah, but only the body of the car was in even good condition - the interior had been left dirty and had been rained in on more than a few ocassions, and the top had shrunk so bad you couldn't close the top without a major goat roping/rodeo and three people.

Had I KNOWN it was possibly worth good money, I'd have gone back stock with her, but hey, now its been reincarnated into something else entirely.

Does anyone know where I can find a reliable history on this edition? I'd like to include it in the before and after album to be used at car shows.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:14 PM
SWATSCHOOL
I ♥ Acer

Google is your friend,

or try wikipedia.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Wink Found this, but it refers to the 90 models....

I have located the below information, but it only refers to 1990 models, my car is titled a 91. It may NOT be a 7Up edition, but it had absolutely every hallmark of that edition with the exception of the mirror and body moulding color and the wheels. It had 16" pony rims... but those could have been put on by a former owner and it is possible, but doubtful, the body moulding and mirrors had been replaced - this car had suffered an accident in its past and has a replacement fender on the front driver's side. If anyone finds anything more reliable than this, or knows of any additional information that could be helpful, please let me know. I did find a blurb on a 25th Anniversary Edition which came with the same color package and options, but it was a one-liner.

<HR>

The 7-UP Connection
The 7-UP Bottling Company was to give away thirty of these cars at the 1990 National Collegiate Athletic Association basketball finals in the United States. In an audience participation contest, anyone sinking a basket from centre court with one try, was to drive home in one of the cars. At the last minute, the contest was canceled.

1990 Limited Edtion Mustang Convertible - General Information
Production of these cars started in December of 1989, with only two cars being built. Full production began February 2, 1990 with the final car being built May 29, 1990. The convertibles all started out as coupes, and had the hardtop removed prior to shipment to Cars & Concepts of Brighton, MI. The plan was to build 5,000 but only 4,103 were built. The breakdown of the production numbers is as follows:
- Total production: 4,103
- Number of 5-Speeds: 1,360
- Number of Automatics: 2,743
- Number of vehicles exported: 261

The 1990 Limited Edition LX Convertible has some features which differentiate it from other Mustang models. These features include:
- Deep Emerald Green Clearcoat Metallic Paint (code PA)
- Colour-keyed body side moldings, fascia moldings and side view mirrors
- White Leather Interior
- White Convertible Top
- 15" GT Aluminum Wheels

All 7-UP cars came with the 225 horsepower 5.0 EFI engines, but for those who wanted more, Steve Saleen provided an aftermarket supercharger installation. At least a dozen cars were so equipped.

Last edited by Batenswytch; 09-07-2008 at 10:44 AM. Reason: additions made