New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 08:49 AM
Chevelle Man
1st Gear Member

Welcome..... and no, I'm not lost!!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:51 AM
bwkelley76
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chevelle Man
Welcome..... and no, I'm not lost!!
lol, thanks! I'm new to the sac area actually, So I'm going to be looking for some parts for my '65 here locally. Any good vendors for used parts and/or folks parting out any "stangs in the Norcal Sac area? I've browsed the classifieds and didn't see anything really. I'm missing a front bumper, eventually want to replace the rear bumper as it's dinged pretty good, horse and corral, and possibly a grill.

MOST OF ALL RIGHT NOW I NEED A DRIVERS SEAT THAT ISN'T BROKEN!

...Some seatbelts may be a good idea too.

:-(

Last edited by bwkelley76; 09-20-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:44 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome to Mustangforums!
Old 09-20-2008, 07:52 AM
slo-stang
1st Gear Member

welcome
Old 09-20-2008, 05:23 PM
bwkelley76
3rd Gear Member

Friendly bunch here, thanks for the warm welcome!

So I got a cool story for you all. Just goes to show Mustangs can attract attention, both good and bad.

I was at the Community College campus today working on my Stang after class (ARC in Sac) and this punk student comes up to me and was a self-proclaimed expert on Stangs and cars in general because he owns a 66. That alone was his apparent reason why he knows everything there is to know about cars..

As you can tell this guy was obviously getting on my nerves right out of the gate.

So once I noticed his interest I let him know I just bought it the other day and it's nothing to look at really.

So he started becoming Mr. Expert all of a sudden and according to him an external transmission-cooler makes your tranny shift funny and mine is a POS because I have one of those and my radiator core support isn't perfectly straight. He was rattling on about a few other things to but frankly I was more into fixing my car and getting out of there. I pretty much just tuned him out after a while.

Just for entertainment value I threw a few technical subjects out there and quickly realized he was retarded when it comes to mechanical theory.

Keep in mind it's clear to any semi-normal person that mine is a project and that it needs restored, and it has been sitting for some time. The other thing a true enthusiast might notice is the body is straight and no body-filler anywhere, or body-cancer. It's a great platform for a decent resto. Just needs TLC and some paint. If I was dealing with an intelligent car-enthusiast he would at least mention one positive about the car.

So this kid was scoffing at it, finding everything wrong with it that he could, all while trying to act like I was his new buddy. Did I miss something here?

I mean I'm a very easy-going guy but you don't have a new buddy just because you both have a Mustang, and have some damn respect of another man's project and just keep your mouth shut and quit bragging about your Stang when it's not even in the vacinity! Ya know?

This kid proved to me that he was a moron and heck I don't even know that he actually owns a Mustang, it wasn't anywhere in plain sight yet he went on and on about how great it is. He also went on and on about where he gets parts and how their parts are so much better than everyone else's, etc. Totally a pompus jackass this kid, and he obviously knew nada about cars.

So finally his teacher came up and rescued me and told him to get back to work. It was funny and annoying all at the same time. Some people just have no clue about what they are speaking yet they run their mouths anyway. So I'm sure I'll see this kids Mustang eventually if he actually has one, and I'm curious to see if it's all that and a bag of chips as he described.

These are the kids I make money off of when their cars break because they do something stupid and they need someone knowledgeable to fix it ...LOL

Last edited by bwkelley76; 09-20-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Stang71
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums! :O)
Old 09-21-2008, 04:53 PM
bwkelley76
3rd Gear Member

Thanks! So far I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. I've been hangin out in the tech forums and I got some great info through searches and member replies, etc. I haven't been over to the vendor section and I'm curious if there are any good/cheap places to buy some used parts for my '65.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:05 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome partner!
Old 09-23-2008, 07:05 PM
bwkelley76
3rd Gear Member

Has anyone dealt with AM auto in Rio Linda? How about American Mustang in Rancho Cordova?