New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 11:05 PM
bwkelley76
3rd Gear Member

Thumbs up Hello!!

Hi everyone I'm new here but not new to Fords and Stangs, or to cars in general.

I'm a 33 year-old ASE cert tech of 16 years and I'm back in school getting my California Smog License and my mechanical engineering degree. Back in the day (before fast and the furious) I used to attend car shows and did a ton of street racing. I've been hiding in the 4x4 world for the last few years but I'm back with a vengeance and the need for speed rules me once again!

So I just bought a '65 coupe this week.

Prior Fords I've owned would be a '63 Falcon Sprint, '63 Falcon Futura, '62 Ranchero, '62 Comet, 1950 F1 truck, more than a few Fox-Body 'Stangs including an '89 Saleen, 2002 GT, '65 T-Bird, and 2 Ford Lightning Trucks (2001 and 2004).

I'm a car nut to the core and have lost count of just how many cars I've owned over the years, Somewhere in the 40-50 range now I think?

Non-Fords would include many, but to name a few I recently had a 2006 GTO 6-speed that the ex got to keep (long story involving a quick ending)...LOL '57 Chevy 2-door, numerous Chevy Muscle-Cars, '69 Elcamino, '69 Nova, '67 Impala SS, '70 Camaro Z28, '64 Nova, '82 Nissan 280ZX, '73 MG Midget, over 5 Jeeps now, and plenty more fun toys.

When I bought my first car I was 13 and I decided that I wanted to someday own one of everything. I didn't want to keep everything, just get one or two, get it running to my requirements, have a little fun with it, and pass it on to someone that could also appreciate it. I knew I could never afford to keep more than a few at a time. I did a lot of horse-trading and I think my best trade so far was a Volkswagen Beetle for a '57 Chevy. :-)

So by the time I was 20 I believe I had owned in excess of 25 cars? Mind you I've done this with minimal income so I've always had to be creative and do most everything myself. I dove into a career in the auto industry as it assisted my passion in cars. As a tech I had a free shop to play with my toys and the connections were awesome!

My point here is not to brag by any means either, just goes to show that I love cars. I'm actually about the most humble guy you could meet.

Some of you may have seen me around over the years as I've been in many car forums. SVTOA, NLOC, SVT Performance, Pirate 4x4, F150 Online, just to name a few. I helped put together a Central, CA Lightning and Mustang Meet a few years back. Mike brought out the S351R, I took out the '04 Lightning and about 20-30 other vehicles got to cruise the lower Sierra foothills and met up at Hooters later for some food, pics, and fun. That was good times! I'm hoping to do something like that again someday soon.

When it comes to Ford experience I have to pay tribute to some of my friends and family cause if it wasn't for them I'd probably believe the old "Fix Or Repair Daily" rumors. Personally my favorite is still "F-in Oakies Really Dig-em".

Haha, I think every car maker has their own legacy, I've learned to love them all, ok except maybe Yugo, that one was short-lived.

So back to family and friends, my bro-in-law had a '64 1/2 Stang when I was a teenager. He gave me a ride in said Stang which by the way was a rare hypo-289 car with a 4-speed. Holy crap that little thing moved! So after that I decided to play with Fords. That was when the classic Mustang frenzy started and I couldn't find a Stang in my price range so I went with the before-mentioned Falcon. That little thing was a ton of fun!

One of my close friends got me even more into Fords and Stangs later in life. He used to be an employee of Saleen Racing in the late 90's, and curently owns a 1994 Saleen S351R that was Steve's personal car. (NICE) I've got pics somewhere. He also has a '69 Mach and owns the 1998 Championship Saleen Home Improvement SCCA Car... one of Tim Allen's cars. Needless to say it must be nice to have money and connections like that! The man's livin my dream and I'm lucky enough to have taken part in some of it. I've been lucky enough to pit for him at Buttonwillow Raceway and got to hang out with him at a few other tracks since he's an active SCCA PRO driver and has also had dealings with Kenny Brown and a few others. I got to see the Kenny-Brown Boss 69 car off the trailer after he and K-Brown took it to Sema a few years.

SO that's my car experience in a nutshell.

The Stang I just bought is a 65 Coupe with a V8 and auto. I think it's a 289 with a mild to moderate cam and a complete MSD setup, the previous owner was clueless so I'm finding everything out as I go. It's definitely a PROJECT. I've seen worse and I've restored worse so it's not all that horrible, just trying to put her back together and fix all the other guys mistakes, etc.

Great to meet you all and you can hit me up and see a few of my car pics on my myspace page.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=80669054

URL is myspace.com/bwkelley76 It might be set to private so shoot me an email/friend's request and I'll add you so you can see my car pics and such.

Brandon K.

Last edited by bwkelley76; 09-18-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:38 PM
XxViSiOnxX

Welcome to MF hope u enjoy ur stay.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Cuzzo
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums Brandon, nice write up
Old 09-18-2008, 09:54 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Brian66
1st Gear Member

Welcome to MF's!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum! This is a great site to learn a lot and meet a lot of people. Enjoy your stay here!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:36 PM
bwkelley76
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Grabber
Welcome to the forum! This is a great site to learn a lot and meet a lot of people. Enjoy your stay here!
Originally Posted by Brian66
Welcome to MF's!
Originally Posted by 05MustangMarkIII
Welcome to the forum!
Originally Posted by Cuzzo
Welcome to the forums Brandon, nice write up
Originally Posted by XxViSiOnxX
Welcome to MF hope u enjoy ur stay.
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I Added more info to my intro. Enjoy!

I'm currently trying to get my '65 coupe on the road. She needs a lot of work. Can anyone recommend good parts places hopefully in the Sacramento, CA area? ..As far as parts you name it, I need it!

Last edited by bwkelley76; 09-18-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:18 AM
ponyandajag
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:57 AM
bwkelley76
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ponyandajag
Welcome to the forums.
Thanks, and a shout-out to the locals in the Norcal and Sac areas.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:41 AM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Welcome!