New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

new member, lookin for a mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 03:24 AM
stang666

Default new member, lookin for a mustang

Hey everyone, my name is larry, i just turned 17 and I live in Montana, but don't worry, i'm not a cowboy.... Very into heavy metal... i'm planning on selling my '02 Jetta in the spring, i'm looking for a V6 because i'm not planning on racing or anything, the GT's are F***in nice, but the V6 is perfect for me..... How do you guys (the ones with V6's) like your mustangs?
Old 06-15-2005, 03:05 PM
stangrr66
1st Gear Member

Default RE: new member, lookin for a mustang

Actually I dont have a V6, but a '66 w/ a 392ci. But honestly, I dont like the v6 models at all, I realize you wont be racing, but I also have honda accord as a daily driver, and I can easily take the v6s hands down. They lack alot of power. and typically have tranny problems. My 2 cents.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:23 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

^ not true at all.

I've never had a problem with my tranny, and my car is 5 years old. I love my v6, and it's the perfect first mustang. I got mine when I was 17 and I love it more than anything. It's good on gas, good for insurance, and I still get plenty of attention and thumbs up on my car.

Come on over to the v6 section- there's a lot of owners over there who would definitely point you in the right direction.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:54 PM
StartingfromScratch

Hey Larry. I have had a couple of Mustang's. I have a 2000 V6 right not that I was going to make a sleeper but have been thinking of selling it. Not trying to say hey buy mine, lol. But if you are interested I can get pics and all info for you. But as for your question. I think that the last 2 posts are both right. They do lack a lot of power but since that isn't your intentions with it then it is a great car. It has better looks than most and gives you a little more pride driving down the street than just rolling in a to and fromer. But hope that helps and let me know.