New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

05' Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 03:12 PM
67ish

Default 05' Mustang GT

Hello Guys,
I am new to this site so I thought I would do a posting. I picked up an 05 Redfire Metallic Mustang GT from King's Toyota in Cincinnati Ohio 10 days ago. I had ordered a 05 from Montgomery Ford in Dec. 04. At the time I wanted the Legend Lime wth all of the options. The car has still not arrived. I have since cancelled the order. Four weeks ago I ordered the same exact car from John Nolan Ford, also in Cincinnati, Ohio. I recieved a phone call 2 weeks ago from John Nolan telling me they had a tentative arrival date for the second car. I was told the car would arrive in the middle of August, approx. the 16th. I got to looking at both orders. Montgomery Ford placed my order in the wrong priority. They gave my order a priority of 40. All ordered Mustangs that have been sold to an individual should have the code of 10. The priority of 40 means the car is for the lot. So basically my first order is just sitting there, languishing. Heck of a story. Anyway.......
My wife has purchased 2 Toyota Highlanders in 1 year. That story is too long to go into. Her salesman called me the other day and told me that someone had just traded in an 05 Redfire Mustang GT for a Toyota Tocoma P/U. Because my wife had purchaes two vehicles from this same salesperson/dealership, they cut me the SWEETEST deal. The car only had 2,000 miles on it and had some work done to it already. I have since then cancelled the second order. I have purchased the side louvers and will have flat black racing stripes placed on the car in the next week or so. I will do cold air induction if warranty is not voided. I will post a pic soon. The last time I had a muscle car was when I was 19. It was a Highland Green 1967 Mustang Fastback. I bought it for a grand. I don't know if the 67s came in Highland Green, but he might have been a fan of BULLITT and had it painted. I don't know. Anyway, I am glad to have this car. It is sweet.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:17 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 05' Mustang GT

Welcome fellow Cincinnatian!! Where abouts are you located? I'm in Colerain on the west side of town.

Anyways, not too many 05s over this way, maybe I'll see you when I'm out on the other side of town. My car is in my sig, so if you ever see me, give a honk or two.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:26 PM
gettna05!
2nd Gear Member

Happy New ... . Member ........Day!? or something to that effect.
Your new stang will look great, but have you forgotten how (long, long ago and very far away) your friends with rich parents bought them striped cars with flat-black stripes which turned into a total pain when waxing-time came around? I'm jsut saying... you might want to give that "flat" idea some more thought.......
Old 07-28-2005, 09:36 PM
v8stang05
4th Gear Member

welcome to the forums
Old 07-29-2005, 12:47 AM
2005MustangGtGuy
2nd Gear Member

Whats up fellow cincinnatians? 67ish, I have a Legend Lime 2005 GT..ordered it on april 20th, it arrived at the dealer may 21st. I took delivery on may 23rd. Im very happy with it. rockthepony, Im in colerain township too, I think Ive seen your car before. Not many gt's this way. If you see a lime gt, its me
Old 07-29-2005, 12:53 AM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Haha, that would be funny if you've seen me before. I work at Target in Western Hills, but I'm up on Colerain Ave. quite a bit.

There's a Legend Lime GT on the lot at Bob Townshend... it's the only lime GT i've seen actually. I'll look out for you!!
Old 07-29-2005, 12:55 AM
mustangteen87

sounds like a fun story...i want one of the new mustangs so bad....by the time I am old enough and have enough money, they will have changed the body style 5 times lol but enjoy what u got man......do u own any classics?
Old 07-29-2005, 01:02 AM
2005MustangGtGuy
2nd Gear Member

I was at the media play in western hills last week, next time Im over that way Ill stop into target..Ill look at townsends lot and see if he still has the gt. Last time I went past there he had a black gt that was almost $31000. Its funny how there were no gt's to be found when I was looking for one Im on colerain ave. quite a bit, but usually drive my other car. Im pretty sure Ive seen your car before
Old 07-29-2005, 03:39 AM
doobs
4th Gear Member

nice... welcome to the forums
Old 08-01-2005, 03:54 PM
67ish

Hello RockThePony,
I live in Loveland over on the Eastside. I am off of Wards Corner Road. If I see you, I will honk.

Quick Reply: 05' Mustang GT