New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Things I have read on this site!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 06:07 PM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Things I have read on this site!

Wellcum, 2 da phorum Hippocrit.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:11 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

Well Ram, when that's your first post, you leave yourself open to things like this... It's still not optimal, but at least it is a little more readable.

____

Well, you know I am pretty new here, and I have not made many posts. I have an 05 GT that I am presently upgrading a lot (This is still horrible syntax.). But my concerns are this. I have read just about all of the posts that have been sent to me via e-mail and I have some observations. Are Mustang owners not up to speed when it comes to grammar? I have noticed that several posts are almost unreadable, with badly misspelled words, and the context. (Consider revising.) What is up with that? I am no genius, but I do have Spell Check (If you are going to use "Spell Check" as a proper noun, you should capitalize.) and a dictionary close by. Some of you guys should try and use these. Just looking up words will improve your grammar. (Technically speaking, a dictionary will vastly improve your vocabulary, but not particularly your grammar. Spell Check will only correct certain mistakes, but is by no means 100% accurate.) And the other thing is the language that some people use. I thought that these sites were supposed to be clean, with no foul words. Am I mistaken? These are just thoughts. I have no personal reasons for getting on anybody, but I just wanted to make sure that when I signed on I understood the rules.

RamBoze

____

Other than that, hey welcome to the site
Old 08-03-2005, 06:27 PM
MrAWatts
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ChewbaccaD

Well Ram, when that's your first post, you leave yourself open to things like this... It's still not optimal, but at least it is a little more readable.

____

Well, you know I am pretty new here, and I have not made many posts. I have an 05 GT that I am presently upgrading a lot (This is still horrible syntax.). But my concerns are this. I have read just about all of the posts that have been sent to me via e-mail and I have some observations. Are Mustang owners not up to speed when it comes to grammar? I have noticed that several posts are almost unreadable, with badly misspelled words, and the context. (Consider revising.) What is up with that? I am no genius, but I do have Spell Check (If you are going to use "Spell Check" as a proper noun, you should capitalize.) and a dictionary close by. Some of you guys should try and use these. Just looking up words will improve your grammar. (Technically speaking, a dictionary will vastly improve your vocabulary, but not particularly your grammar. Spell Check will only correct certain mistakes, but is by no means 100% accurate.) And the other thing is the language that some people use. I thought that these sites were supposed to be clean, with no foul words. Am I mistaken? These are just thoughts. I have no personal reasons for getting on anybody, but I just wanted to make sure that when I signed on I understood the rules.

RamBoze

____

Other than that, hey welcome to the site

. That was good .

RamBoze=
Old 08-03-2005, 06:32 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Here dude...I think you need iespell...after you download ya just right click your mouse on the screen and "check spelling"

http://www.iespell.com/download.php
Old 08-03-2005, 06:54 PM
HRnB
Administrator

Awww come on guys, he's new, cut him some slack and show him what a fun luv'n bunch we really are. I think half the members here came in like they owned the place until we set you straight, LMAO!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 07:10 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

Hey, I was nice and applied his own advice... and at least I welcomed him
Old 08-03-2005, 07:15 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

I said welcome. haha. I just didn't mean it. lol. j.k
Old 08-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Magiarn71
3rd Gear Member

You know what, for the most part he's right ANYWAY. He mispelled one word. I've seen posts with not one word capitalized and not one punctuation mark. Between that and not making any sense to begin with, there ARE "a lot" of posts that are like that, and I think it's the same people that would be giving John Doe Mispeller crap about not being able to construct a decent post!
Old 08-03-2005, 07:43 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

some people suck at internet.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:45 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

Don't get me wrong, I think Ramboze does have a valid point. But that's never the way you want to start off, especially with a bunch like this Notice nowhere did I call him names, or insult him, or display any such behavior... it was just too good of an opportunity for a sarcastic bastid like me to pass up

Ramboze will note that this phenomenon is not exclusive to this site. Your best bet is not to converse with those who can't form coherent thoughts (or at least readable statements). If it bothers you, just stick with those who can express themselves. I long ago gave up trying to save the rest. The internet will be the death of us all Again, welcome Ramboze.

I simply pointed out that it's best to check your house before ya throw a rock

Quick Reply: Things I have read on this site!