New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi I just joined

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 07:50 PM
coco2764

Red face Hi I just joined

Hi! I just joined. I just bought a 2009 vista blue 45th anniversary edition convertible mustang V6. I guess I will save a little on gas. And for what gas cost that is a plus. It is a very nice looking car and it only had 22700 miles on it when I got it. I didn't care for the convertible part but found out if I hated it as a convertible I can get a hardtop for it. Since I have drove it with the top down I have changed my mind and like the convertible part of it now. They told me I would after I had driven it with the top down. This is a girl thing but it is hell on a hairdo with the top down. Oh! It is not a V8. I kinda wish it was. But I am sure I can still get in enough trouble with a V6. Or so I have been told by my dear hubby Gary. I have loved mustangs forever. I have always loved sporty cars and horses. So a mustang is the perfect car for me. It is sporty and this 45th edition has little horses all over it. I added 6 picture of it in an album and join the blue mustang group. I am a little scared that I will wreck it. I have had a couple sporty cars and wrecked or totaled all of them. I wasn't allow to have any for awhile. The last sporty looking car I had was a Black 2003 Gt grandam with ram air and with a SC/T hood and spoiler. I do love the sporty hood on the grand am. I would like to find a similar hood for this mustang. I already love this site. Thank You for letting me join. Take care, Cindy M. (coco27 64)

Last edited by coco2764; 08-11-2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 08-02-2011, 10:41 PM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

Welcome!! Your Mustang is beautiful! Never had a convertible personally, so I have no idea what they are like but I am glad you are enjoying it! As for not being a v8, you'll have plenty of fun as it is Sure, a v8 can get you down the road faster, but owning one personally, I find more often than not I want the drive to last as long as it can anyway, so I don't tear down the roads, I drive it like there's an egg under the pedal (thought admittedly sometimes I goose it going down an onramp, and a few times I just had to see how fast it could get from 0-100 )

Anyway! Just trying to say v8 or v6, these cars are just flat out fun to cruise around in! But haha, please let this be the first sporty car you have that doesn't visit the wrecker yard
Old 08-02-2011, 11:58 PM
coco2764

Anyway! Just trying to say v8 or v6, these cars are just flat out fun to cruise around in! But haha, please let this be the first sporty car you have that doesn't visit the wrecker yard
The only sporty car I didn't total is the Grandam Gt. I did back into someone and crack the back bumper and my son has it now and hit a deer with it. But got it fixed so it looks like it never happened. The grand am was the 1st ever brand new car for me and I babied it like I will this mustang. It got washed every week. I sometimes wish I hadn't given the grandam to my son. He doesn't love it like I did. I feel sorry for the grandam it doesn't get loved by him like it did with me. Funny how you get attached to vehicles. If I was going to give a name to the Black grandam Gt I guess I would have called it "Black Beauty". But I never named it. But I have named my new mustang. I have always like the song "Wildfire" so that is its name. Not sure if it is a he or a she. Does anyone think it is weird to treat a car like a pet? Course my pets are spoiled an get easter baskets and presents and stockings with their names on them. And just like a pet man do I get upset if it gets a scratch on it. Course this car was a used car so it had a few minor blemishes. But all in all looks pretty sharp it had a carfax done and had never been wrecked. But I can tell that the back bumper and the front bumper have been repainted and the hood was repainted too. Probably because of stone chips. Not the best paint job I have seen since my brother is a mechanic and he paint some too. And since I am an artist I notice things like that. But will have to do till I get the money to repaint it. Plus a good buffing will do wonders for it. Thanks for your nice reply. It is fun to have a car that is cool enough it get people to look your way. My son drove it twice an he thought that it was cool too. He especially loved the fact that is in a convertible. It makes me want to take better care of myself so I look good in it. Funny Huh! Well take care everyone and enjoy your dream cars. Cindy M. (coco2764)

Last edited by coco2764; 08-11-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 08-03-2011, 06:26 AM
Brumby

Welcome aboard....

What part of Pa. are you from?

We're a hop, skip and a jump from Chocolatetown U.S.A.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:16 AM
04NGTMARE
1st Gear Member

Welcome. Take care of her, shes beautiful. Just obey the laws and watch out for idiots on the road. You should be fine , i hope.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:59 AM
coco2764

Thanks everyone,
I am 15 minutes away from Punxsutawney, PA. The place that has the groundhog that see his shadow. I have a brother that is a state cop and lives in Carisle PA, I think that is close to Hersey PA. 4 hrs a way from us though. In the future I want to get a different hood maybe a ram air one, different wheels (5 spokes) and a grill with fog lights, a new paint job and maybe a removable hardtop, just so I have that option. Wildfire now has a chrome license plate that says mustang on the front and 4 new pony mudflaps. She need them. Well anyhow everytime a get a car all fixed up and painted they get wrecked in less than a year. This has happen twice. So a little scared to go there. First car was my fault, second car I was rear ended sitting at a stoplight not my fault. But that record scares me a little. Oh! and I have to remember not to drive when I am upset or mad. Me and upset or mad and driving not a good combination. I have to say getting this mustang was by accident. My Dh and I just decided when we where out shopping etc. That if we had the time we would find different dealerships that had mustangs and just look at them if they where not opened or if they where open take them for a drive just for fun. We figured we would never get a decent price for our trade in and we are smart enough to not give it away. But as fate would have it we got such a good deal on the dodge caliber we were trading in and a nice price on this mustang we just couldn't pass it up. Pretty much got what we paid for the caliber and this mustang, Kelly blue booked at $22,500 and we got it for $18,699.00 We still owed two years on the trade in (caliber) and we just took "Wildfire" out for another year. Plue we went thur our credit union and since we have excellent credit. We got an interest rate of 1.49 yeh! Amazing how low the interest was. I think it was lower than it was a year ago when we got the 2007 AWD dodge caliber we traded in. So everything came together and had to be fate. She was suppose to be ours. Mostly my car though. She has already had the all four ball joints replaced at only 22,000 miles. And every once in awhile I hear a clunking sound under the front driver's side. My husband thinks it is something in the supension. Maybe a bushing. I can't get it to recreate the sound enough to take it the the Ford garage yet. I have another brother that is a machanic so a soon as a lift is free I am going to take her down to him and have him look her over. You know they never make the sound you are hearing when you want them too. Other than that Wildfire seem to run just fine. I think she sat for awhile. She was bought by the dealer at an estate sale. I did print up the TSB 09-24-16. I found on this site. And Wildfire was built on 8-3-09. So this could be the sound I am hearing. I am just hoping I can recreate more so it will do it when I take it in. I still have some of the factory warranty on it. I think she is going to be a good car. Well take care, Cindy M.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:07 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the MF boards!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:45 PM
FloRida Livin
Former Sponsor

Smile

I didn't care for the convertible part but found out if I hated it as a convertible I can get a hardtop for it. Since I have drove it woth the top down I have changed my mind and like the convertible part of it now. They told me I would after I had driven it with the top down. This is a girl thing but it is hell on a hairdo with the top down.

Seriously- my fiance has long hair and wont drive in our convertible without the WindBlocker SE installed. There is even a video of her on our website www.WindBlockerSE.com with and without the WindBlocker installed- it makes a HUGE difference and should help you enjoy your convertible mustang even more!
Hope this helps- and CONGRATS! What a beautiful ride!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:23 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply: Hi I just joined