New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Pinch me... am I alive? (07 GT)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:53 AM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Default Pinch me... am I alive? (07 GT)

Greetings! Quick info about me.. I'm a senior in college and ready to upgrade from my N/A 98 3000GT 5 speed (with intake/exhaust), it started leaking oil even after I replaced leaking crank seal. I worked on japanese cars all through high school so I am mechanically inclined (did clutches, timing belts, etc).

Time for a graduation present...

Been looking for a few months now for a manual car that's fun to drive. Test drove two '06 350Z's, two '06 RX8's, and two '04 GTO's. One of each had intake and exhaust. I was very close to getting the GTO with flowmasters today or tomorrow, and decide to continue browsing autotrader while at work.

Then I stumble upon an '07 stang GT, gorgeous color and wheels. I was looking at the ad, and under further inspection, I noticed an enlarged hood (Shelby hood correct?), and boost guage. Dad immediately drove down here, 1.5 hours, and there was no question, without a doubt that this was it. Indeed, it does have a Paxton NOVI 2200.. their biggest supercharger they make for this car I believe... costs 6 grand. How much do you think I got the car for? It was garaged and well taken care of by 1 owner (THANK YOU SIR).

A few photos from advertisement (its dark out right now)

$14k

When we first started it, it was loud as ****. The exhaust has cherrybombs that dump right onto the ground, a little bit behind where you sit. The air rushed out from beneath the car and it sounded amazing. We test drive it and it's an absolute beast. The damn thing felt even more powerful the the 350hp GTO at half throttle. Seriously scary stuff, because the most powerful car I've ridden in was probably a 2004 STi. Then I drive a GTO. Then this. You can easily roast the rear tires through second gear without TC. It hooked up *really* well with these super wide tires. Traction control is a must.

255/45/18 and 285/40/18 saleen wheels. Would that be about 8.5" and 9.5"?
Unfortunately, the dealer didn't know or have any paperwork on what has been done to the car. So I'm not sure if the motor has been built up, but we think it's had some stuff done to it because of how brutal it pulls. I'm just very curious how much power this makes, but the Paxton NOVI 2200SL is advertised as 470hp and 420tq

Right now on the list... needs a new set of rubbers.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:58 AM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Forgot to say it has 83k miles.

yes, maybe too loud for my DD, but maybe i'll grow into it. I plan to not abuse it by hard launches and clutch dumps. I really love just throwing it into 2nd 35mph and gunning it (at ~60% throttle for now)
Old 11-04-2011, 01:17 AM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

We can't edit :/
Has a hurst short throw. I plan on not abusing it with launches and clutch dumps. I love dropping it to 2nd at 35mph gunning it at 60% throttle.. for now
Old 11-04-2011, 04:24 AM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Congrats and Welcome to MF
Old 11-04-2011, 07:04 AM
RHuckster
2nd Gear Member

congrats!! Very nice buy for 14K, keep it straight & have fun with it.

Rick
Old 11-04-2011, 09:01 AM
All4One
3rd Gear Member

its awesome looking. and sounds like a good deal.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:15 AM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jas5
Greetings! Quick info about me.. I'm a senior in college and ready to upgrade from my N/A 98 3000GT 5 speed (with intake/exhaust), it started leaking oil even after I replaced leaking crank seal. I worked on japanese cars all through high school so I am mechanically inclined (did clutches, timing belts, etc).

Time for a graduation present...

Been looking for a few months now for a manual car that's fun to drive. Test drove two '06 350Z's, two '06 RX8's, and two '04 GTO's. One of each had intake and exhaust. I was very close to getting the GTO with flowmasters today or tomorrow, and decide to continue browsing autotrader while at work.

Then I stumble upon an '07 stang GT, gorgeous color and wheels. I was looking at the ad, and under further inspection, I noticed an enlarged hood (Shelby hood correct?), and boost guage. Dad immediately drove down here, 1.5 hours, and there was no question, without a doubt that this was it. Indeed, it does have a Paxton NOVI 2200.. their biggest supercharger they make for this car I believe... costs 6 grand. How much do you think I got the car for? It was garaged and well taken care of by 1 owner (THANK YOU SIR).

A few photos from advertisement (its dark out right now)

$14k

When we first started it, it was loud as ****. The exhaust has cherrybombs that dump right onto the ground, a little bit behind where you sit. The air rushed out from beneath the car and it sounded amazing. We test drive it and it's an absolute beast. The damn thing felt even more powerful the the 350hp GTO at half throttle. Seriously scary stuff, because the most powerful car I've ridden in was probably a 2004 STi. Then I drive a GTO. Then this. You can easily roast the rear tires through second gear without TC. It hooked up *really* well with these super wide tires. Traction control is a must.

255/45/18 and 285/40/18 saleen wheels. Would that be about 8.5" and 9.5"?
Unfortunately, the dealer didn't know or have any paperwork on what has been done to the car. So I'm not sure if the motor has been built up, but we think it's had some stuff done to it because of how brutal it pulls. I'm just very curious how much power this makes, but the Paxton NOVI 2200SL is advertised as 470hp and 420tq

Right now on the list... needs a new set of rubbers.

Congrats on the purchase, that sounds like quite a hog there!!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF! ....Nice RIDE!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:27 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Congrats!!! And welcome to the forum. Looks like just a cowl hood not shelby, possibly a Kaenan Cowl hood.

Are you getting 8 or 10 psi at WOT? If 10 you are in the 450+ rwhp range!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:43 AM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

Thats a very nice purchase. If it was me I would look for a full exhaust setup so its not as loud and looks more like a sleeper. I'm not as young anymore though so quiet is better for me lol.

Quick Reply: Pinch me... am I alive? (07 GT)