New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

NEED HELP! got scammed off a saleen #476

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 09:57 PM
All4One
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS
oh hell no i wouldn't do that. you can make deposits for other customers at wells fargo if you know their name and their normal banking location "home branch". some banks may call to verify but usually its ok since your not taking money, your giving it.

fingers crossed he keeps his word and its all refunded tomorow
subscribed!
Old 12-05-2011, 08:43 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I wanted to let the members here know that your MF Administrators and Moderators have the ability to see into the future. It's true. Let's look at this thread as an example.

CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS claims he was scammed by saleens281guy476. It's the same sad story we've heard before, but THIS time there will be a happy ending, because CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS will get his money back from saleens281guy476. Not only that, but saleens281guy476 will bend over backwards to help this new guy out. It will seem like a total miraculous transformation has taken place with saleens281guy476, and afterwards everyone will feel better. Finally - a happy ending to make us all sleep better at night.

That would be what happens, except that MF Administrators and Moderators have the ability to CHANGE the future, too. So allow me to step in an alter the future before this gets out of hand.

CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS is a 100% IP match to saleens281guy476. Coincidence? Shenanigans? Perhaps. I believe it is a sad attempt by a pathetic asshat to restore his name. New tag lines have been added under both of their usernames.

Thanks to 99GTvert (one of our sharp-eyed Moderators) for bringing this to our attention.

EDIT - And the original scam thread has been restored to Off-Topic (with the personal information removed):

https://mustangforums.com/forum/off-...-476-is-a.html

Last edited by 28HopUp; 12-05-2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: added information
Old 12-05-2011, 09:26 AM
All4One
3rd Gear Member

aww. I wanted to hear his ending first.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:06 AM
MustangFTW

Bravo 99. Bout time you did something productive :-)

Old 12-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

99 and Bill, you guys are amazing, props to both of you!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Pathetic...good work spotting it guys...
Old 12-05-2011, 01:08 PM
CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS
Banned

MONEY IS BACK!

got a call from a wells fargo asking me if i am expecting a deposit and i said yes and she went ahead and approved it. he followed through and returned every dime i sent to him. it was a wells fargo with a 775 area code which if googled is incline village by tahoe nv. so i guess he was telling the truth about that.

he also called me to make sure it all went through and was very sorry the deal couldn't be done. i guess some guy put money down and never made a payment on it and has tried putting it in someone's name and tried registering it but can't. he was to use my deposit and money as a reward to get it back and then hand it over to me since i proved i could make my payments on time.

after learning more about saleen #476 on here and that some guy has it and is doing whatever with it i don't know if i want to buy it if he does recover it. although my credit is not that great and i can't finance one : (

honestly he was really nice in considering a payment deal with me, would cost me a bit in the end but if he is the only one willing to trust me to make payments then cool. heck i would have been paying a ton more a month and in the end with a bank!

my buddy here in sac is gonna look for it for him and for me and i may consider the deal again if i don't find something before then. he is offering a nice reward if it is found so yea i hope my buddy finds it or someone finds it, hard car to miss. i am letting my friend use this account i made so he may search for it on here.

anyways thanks for everyones help and sorry for the false alarm, better safe then sorry

take care

PS: he said said he may get on here to try and clear the air once his computer is fixed but also my not bother since he was treated like crap last time he tried.

(this thread can be killed or ended now : P )
Old 12-05-2011, 01:13 PM
MustangFTW

LOL, nice try brah.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:20 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Originally Posted by CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS
MONEY IS BACK!

got a call from a wells fargo asking me if i am expecting a deposit and i said yes and she went ahead and approved it. he followed through and returned every dime i sent to him. it was a wells fargo with a 775 area code which if googled is incline village by tahoe nv. so i guess he was telling the truth about that.

he also called me to make sure it all went through and was very sorry the deal couldn't be done. i guess some guy put money down and never made a payment on it and has tried putting it in someone's name and tried registering it but can't. he was to use my deposit and money as a reward to get it back and then hand it over to me since i proved i could make my payments on time.

after learning more about saleen #476 on here and that some guy has it and is doing whatever with it i don't know if i want to buy it if he does recover it. although my credit is not that great and i can't finance one : (

honestly he was really nice in considering a payment deal with me, would cost me a bit in the end but if he is the only one willing to trust me to make payments then cool. heck i would have been paying a ton more a month and in the end with a bank!

my buddy here in sac is gonna look for it for him and for me and i may consider the deal again if i don't find something before then. he is offering a nice reward if it is found so yea i hope my buddy finds it or someone finds it, hard car to miss. i am letting my friend use this account i made so he may search for it on here.

anyways thanks for everyones help and sorry for the false alarm, better safe then sorry

take care

PS: he said said he may get on here to try and clear the air once his computer is fixed but also my not bother since he was treated like crap last time he tried.

(this thread can be killed or ended now : P )

I just had to quote that in case you realized your mistake and tried to delete it. Thanks for not disappointing all of us...
Old 12-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Thats funny Bill. The second I saw this, I did an IP check on both of them.

I then continued to read on. Perhaps we really do have ESPN.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP! got scammed off a saleen #476