New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member in MD

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 11:17 AM
90nSSMD
1st Gear Member

Default New member in MD

Hey Guys/Gals,

Been lurking the forums for a few weeks, and have been looking at Foxbody's for awhile. I found a pony for a great price, with a few bolt-on's, that looked like it needed rescuing. Mechanically she's in good shape.. but she's not the prettiest girl at the prom, if you know what I mean.

I'll be picking her up this Saturday hopefully, and I'll have pictures to share! (Maybe even an idle video for the curious)

In any case, I'm 23, a huge gamer, and a huge performance enthusiast (although my knowledge is limited). This will be my first Mustang, and I've loved them since I was a young teen.

I'm not a 1 post ghost, so I hope to learn a ton, as well as get to meet some really awesome people for cruises, meets, and maybe even gaming on this forum.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Hey bud,

Congrats, welcome to the car and the forum. My first Mustang was a Foxbody, an '88 LS... You're bringing back the old man memories! You would've been, let's see, 3 years old when I bought that car... Ugh, now I am sad
Old 10-09-2012, 04:51 PM
90nSSMD
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Schmalgar
Hey bud,

Congrats, welcome to the car and the forum. My first Mustang was a Foxbody, an '88 LS... You're bringing back the old man memories! You would've been, let's see, 3 years old when I bought that car... Ugh, now I am sad
Haha thanks for the welcoming post. Yes, these cars seem to spark a lot of nostalgia for a lot of the older gearheads that I talk to. Nothin' like the sound and feel of a good ol' 5.0 V8.

My dad owned an 07' GT, but got rid of it a few years ago. I learned stick on his car, and since then it's been my goal to buy one. I've always been a fan of the Foxbodies though. Foxbodies and 03'-04' Cobras, but let's be honest, who isn't a fan of an 03'-04' Snake?! Independent Suspension was simply genius in design/theory, and made the car that much more badass IMO.

Also there's no reason to be sad, after all, you own a snake .
Old 10-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

welcome.. keep us posted on the build!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:13 PM
90nSSMD
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
welcome.. keep us posted on the build!
Definitely! It will take some time doing everything that I need to do, and I will most likely create a thread to document my changes/mods (with pictures of course).

I'm still a few days from getting it, but it sure feels like years at this point. I guess you could say I'm very very excited :P.

Current mods that I know of are:

306 Forged Bottom End
GT40 Heads + Intake
Flowmaster H-Pipe + Mufflers (not sure the series, is catless)
Cammed (I can't distinguish the difference in sound, and owner just told me it's a mild street cam.)
BBK Shorty Stainless Steel Headers
MSD Coil and Wires
Smog Delete
AC Delete (Not a complete delete, but compressor + lines are out)
FRPP 3.73 Gears
Ford T Lok Dif
King Cobra Clutch
Hurst Short Throw
Not sure what size TB, will have to take a look and update.

I don't think the Suspension has been touched, and I think the trans is a stock T5. It shifts beautifully, and pulls pretty hard. I'm assuming the car is a little over 300hp. It hasn't been tuned to my knowledge, and I know I'll probably need to get one in a few weeks/maybe months.

In any case, my YouTube channel will finally start getting some love after having been a member there for over 5 years.. Videos, Pictures, Etc. Lots to come, and I'm incredibly excited to have something to pour my energy into that will give back 110%. (In terms of happiness of course.. who doesn't like toys? :P)
Old 10-09-2012, 05:16 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Welcome to MF!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Congrats and post pics of the build. Welcome to MF.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:52 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Welcome
Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 AM
DRB
1st Gear Member

Welcome!

"SSMD?"
Old 10-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Jarrod@latemodel
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the forum. Let me know if there is anything I can help out with.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/Mustang

Quick Reply: New member in MD