New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

which Mustang to get!

Old 10-11-2012, 04:19 PM
hero

Default which Mustang to get!

Hi! I'm trying to get a mustang for my next company lease car, I'm in New Zealand so the options are quite limited. Just wanting some advice on what the best one to choose is.
I could get a 2005 Saleen, a 2009 California special addition, a few different regular 2009 GT's, or ifI pay extra myself I could possibly get a 2007 saleen/parnelli Jones. What I'm asking is am I better going for the newer cars, or does it not make much difference? Am I going to enjoy the parnelli Jones edition that much more to justify spending my own money each month on it? I like the look of most of them pretty much the same, but I'd say the 2005 saleen is my favorite looks wise. Maintenance etc are not an issue as will be all covered by the lease company. I'm totally new to muscle cars, but want a raw, engaging driving experience - (that's why I didn't choose the camaro or challenger etc.). So what do you recommend?? Sorry if this is hard to read, I had to write it on my phone...
Old 10-11-2012, 04:25 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

For a lease car?? Hmmm, don't get a hot rod for a company car. Just my .02
Old 10-11-2012, 04:42 PM
hero

Originally Posted by code3GT
For a lease car?? Hmmm, don't get a hot rod for a company car. Just my .02
Any reason why not?
Old 10-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Keep it real
2nd Gear Member

Why wouldnt you want one!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:44 PM
hero

Originally Posted by Keep it real
Why wouldnt you want one!
That's what I think! I thought this forum would be encouraging me to get a stang, not advising me against them!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:58 PM
vbstang13
3rd Gear Member

I would say the 05 Saleen but I am biased. LOL.

It would come down to mileage, condition and price for starters. Check them out and if you have any questions you can always come back here to ask. Welcome to MF.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:00 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Ehhh, not really for a company car though.. Unless your company needed to look flashy in a Saleen or something.. Other than that it's not practical for a company car, you'll more than likely be driving a lot on business trips, driving clients at times, etc.. Much better cars for that.. If it was a personal car that's different, I would say the PJ
Old 10-11-2012, 07:16 PM
90nSSMD
1st Gear Member

What kind of company is it specifically that you want to get a lease car for? Rental? Driving Service (similar to a limo company, but maybe with a twist?)? State/City lease company (ex. drivers education course)?

Personally I think the average 4cyl or 6cyl cars would be better, considering the savings both short and long term. However, that's just practicality speaking, and I cannot give you a solid bit of advice without first knowing what kind of leasing company it is.

If you were to go the route of Stangs for a lease purpose however with those options, I would go with the 05 Saleen like vbstang said. His opinion is a bit biased since he owns one .
Old 10-11-2012, 08:54 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum, maybe pics of your choices would help us decide.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:55 PM
hero

Originally Posted by vbstang13
I would say the 05 Saleen but I am biased. LOL.

It would come down to mileage, condition and price for starters. Check them out and if you have any questions you can always come back here to ask. Welcome to MF.
Thanks! It is ok that your biased because at least it means you love the car! They all have simlar mileage (around 40-50k miles), all mint condition, and the price doesnt really matter to me because the company will pay (except in the case of the PJ which may be too expensive as mentioned).

I am going to post pictures of the options.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: which Mustang to get!