New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Just put a deposit on it...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 12:20 PM
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

welcome to the site
Old 11-20-2012, 08:23 PM
steev
2nd Gear Member

Well today didn't quite go to plan....

I was running late out of work, so didn't get to say hi to JPP. Anyway, I headed to the dealer, signed the paperwork and they transferred the tags, I left there and decided to take the long route to get some groceries. Wow, what a fun drive! The exhaust sounded great, I didn't get the throttle wide open, but even so, it was fun to drive, and then.

I turned in to Target, and steam started making it's way out of the hood. One reason I bought the car was to drive up to Vermont in a car that's fun, so I guess in a sense it is best that something happened locally rather than somewhere on the Taconic State Parkway. Coolant came out from under the engine, I was really mad.

I called the dealer and he sounded genuinely sad that it happened, he told me to get it back to him tonight and it will be sorted for tomorrow afternoon free (yeah, of course it's gonna be, mate!).

Got a tow truck to pick me up and his first words seeing the car was "that's a gorgeous car, buddy". Yeah it is, shame I was only driving it for just under an hour!

So today was a mixed bag, but at least I was able to get the cat his wet food, he would've been pissed at me.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:15 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Wow that's not good, do you know what happened exactly? Did it just blow a hose or was it something more critical? The one thing you have to remember with Mustangs is they are all bitches and have their personality. Sounds like yours is testing you to see if you really want her, might have one of those ones that like to play hard to get.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:42 AM
steev
2nd Gear Member

It happened on a car that I bought on eBay when I lived in the UK too! Although I didn't have any recourse with that (the previous owner bypassed a leaky heater matrix rather than pull the dashboard out to fix it and the hose he used was old).

I kept that for about 3 years after fixing it, so this bitch will be staying with me, ha.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 AM
samolet
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to MF.