New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New here 94 Mustang V6 Scottsdale, Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 04:37 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome!!
Old 03-17-2013, 02:07 AM
DavidMustang

Thanks for all the love from this site. It really means a lot and I will give you some pictures of what happened to my baby. Plus soon to be pictures of all the work I have put into fixing her up
Old 03-17-2013, 02:31 AM
DavidMustang

Ok it started raining really bad in Arizona and I ended up Hydroplaning my Baby into three boulders at around 40 MPH. So much force that my mustang became a truck climbing over one of them and ended up teeter tottering on the boulder. Getting a tow truck to get my baby off the rock was tricky but he did a pretty good job. Ill fill you in with more detail in a bit its really late here need some sleep.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

^^^^ Ouch....but welcome to MF!

Good luck!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:14 AM
DavidMustang

Default Sorry for the wait

Sorry it took me so long to get back on here. I had a family emergency and then got busy working on my car this past week. So yes my car got a little banged up. I was so sure when I had that accident that my car was going to be totaled. since I went through a traffic sign and over 3 boulders. But to my surprise my cars frame didn't get bent at all. what was damaged was my drivers side rim, hood, and lower radiator support. So at least I have my 1975 Chevy C20 for a back up vehicle. I replaced my hood, drivers side rim and ended up straightening out the radiator support. Slowly with my truck and small movements. It actually worked out great. My front bumper was not looking so hot also. About 2 months ago I found one on craigslist for $40.00 same color and has a soft ball size black mark on the passengers side. Not too bad since i'm going to be painting the vehicle when complete. I also purchase a strut tower brace. Its was up and running until I blew a headgasket. I was really upset about that because when I first purchased my car from a private seller. I drove 25 miles and the headgasket blew. So I paid $2,000 for them to replace it for me and that was only 5 years ago and I originally got my car it was at 75K now its at 120,000. So I didn't want to pay the dealership another $2,000 for maybe another 5 years. I ended up doing it my self and taking my time with it to make sure it was done right. But because I had it apart anyways why not replace some parts. No real reason to but did anyway. I replaced the exhaust valves, pushrods and valve springs. Since I replaced my head gasket myself my car is performing better than when I first purchased my car even after the dealership replaced the head gaskets. I know its only a 3.8L 145HP but it gets up and goes for a 3.8L than it ever has before. I remember pressing on the gas to go and the car would bog down a bit so I had to push on the gas pedal some more then it would take off ok. It was also not peppy at all with the A/C running. That I expected since its robbing the car power. But now I press the pedal it just goes with the slightest throttle press. No more bogging down and when the A/C is on that doesn't affect it one bit. Also before when pressing hard on the gas with A/C running sometimes it would stop blowing cold air until I got up to speed. Not a problem now. I just recently installed 1 piece DUAL HALO LED PROJECTOR headlights with HID's. So much better than the stock lights and look amazing too. I will be taking pictures and posting them on here soon of how my car looks now.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:57 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum
Old 04-25-2013, 11:16 AM
DavidMustang

Talking

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Welcome to the forum
Thanks I'm also glad to be here. I've signed up at other forums that are out there for Mustangs. So far this is the easiest to navigate and figure out. MustangForums.com seem to have a lot of active memebers. That's always a plus.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:17 AM
DavidMustang

Talking

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
Welcome!!
Thanks i'm happy to be here
Old 04-25-2013, 11:29 AM
DavidMustang

Talking @96t-bird, 95 BLOWN GT, KB00GT, dvhstang, 05 Mustang, DRAGUL, Barrie And White03Vert.

@96t-bird, 95 BLOWN GT, KB00GT, dvhstang, 05 Mustang, DRAGUL, Barrie And White03Vert.

Thanks for the warm welcome i'm happy to be here. I could spend hours on this site trying to look up something simple because while looking it up something catches your eye the something else. Hours later you starting to feel a bit tired. Telling yourself ok will get off the computer now and start working on my car I didn't even find out what I wanted yet. The whole reason I even went to my computer.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:36 AM
DavidMustang

Smile

Originally Posted by johncrist1988
Hey there I'm new to the forum, too, and I live in Peoria. I drive past Scottsdale all the time! 2001 GT Convertible

I like your Mustang and I can still say this for a little bit longer. But right now is the reason I love having a convertable in Arizona. The weather is just amazing . I know I just jinxed myself for saying that. I do feel bad that you have black leather seats in Arizona though. So where do you work and do you know where Desert Ridge Marketplace is by the 101 and Tatum Blvd. I'm located around there mostly.

Quick Reply: New here 94 Mustang V6 Scottsdale, Arizona