New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Looking to be a new Mustang leaser/owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 06:22 PM
glo106

Originally Posted by Subbz
Cars will depreciate over time so buy a car that you can appreciate .
I think I would definitely appreciate a Mustang! It's been a slow work day, so I've been on the web doing some premature shopping around. It's made me want one really bad, right now. If I were a true American, I'd be compulsive and go out and burn a hole in my pocket.

It's unlikely that any commuter car like the Versa, Civic, or Focus is in my future, so that probably closes the door on leasing for me. Thanks again guys! Glad I came here for advice!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:25 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Moving from an Explorer will not be a huge shock on MPG for you so that's a good thing haha. Mustangs are not known for making good MPG but its not about MPG with a Mustang its about the diving experience!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:36 PM
glo106

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
Moving from an Explorer will not be a huge shock on MPG for you so that's a good thing haha. Mustangs are not known for making good MPG but its not about MPG with a Mustang its about the diving experience!
Haha so true! A couple friends just recently bought a Prius and it made me feel guilty for driving my gas guzzler and for a second I had to rethink about my next car purchase for the sake of being greener. But then I'd miss out of the driving experience like you said. I guess if I wanted to go the greener route with the Mustang, I could opt for the base V6 and get 19/31 (unlikely though )
Old 04-30-2013, 08:45 PM
White03Vert
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the site
Old 05-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by glo106
Haha so true! A couple friends just recently bought a Prius and it made me feel guilty for driving my gas guzzler and for a second I had to rethink about my next car purchase for the sake of being greener. But then I'd miss out of the driving experience like you said. I guess if I wanted to go the greener route with the Mustang, I could opt for the base V6 and get 19/31 (unlikely though )
Don't feel guilty about your gas guzzler! The Prius isn't necessarily greener. It does save you gas and it does have less emission than most cars but new cars these days regardless if it runs on gas or if it's a hybrid have gotten pretty good at emitting less emission. They've also gotten pretty good at saving you gas. There are quite a few cars out there who run purely off gasoline that can get the same gas mileage as the Prius by using a smaller engine with a small turbo. I've also heard that the battery the Prius uses are actually pretty harmful to the environment. Or it could all be just propaganda who knows. I'm probably preaching to the choir here since you're already sold on the Mustang lol.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:04 PM
glo106

Originally Posted by Subbz
I'm probably preaching to the choir here since you're already sold on the Mustang lol.
Yep, sold! It's just a matter of when. It may be next year sometime when I've put away some more money. Even if it wasn't until the 2015 model came out, I'd still want a '13 or '14 model. If the spied 2015 pictures resemble anything of what it will actually look like, I definitely prefer the current class. Since I had time at work yesterday and did the searching on the web, one of the local dealerships has two Mustangs (one 2013 and one 2014) in their inventory that fit my cursory checklist: GT Premium, sterling gray, leather seats (both of these have the Recaro leather seats), and manual transmission. I've been drooling ever since. Sticker price on the 2014 is $38k, and 2013 is $39k. I wonder if I were to attempt to negotiate, what I could get those prices down to.

I've heard similar things about the batteries on hybrid cars being toxic to the environment too. Maybe it's non-hybrid drivers like us who started those rumors to make ourselves feel better about not driving hybrids.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:20 PM
jlharing99

There is always lots of room to deal with them.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

You'll be able to negotiate with the salesman. Dealerships usually have a couple of thousand on the sticker price to negotiate with. I'm sure you already know the reason they want to get you to buy it sticker price is so they can get more commission. It's either outcharm or outsmart them when haggling for the price. Also the 2015 will be the first Mustang to drop the retro look so there's a good chance those theory pictures could come close to how the final product will look.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:53 PM
samolet
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to MF!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:29 PM
glo106

Belated thanks for the friendly welcomes!

The leaked 2015 photos make the Mustang look like a luxury sports car, which is contradictory to what I think the Mustang stands for--an All-American pony car. Dropping the retro look would be a big shame.

Realistically, I think if I were to walk into the dealership today and haggle, the best case scenario would probably be something around what I read DocSnickers got his 2013 GT Premium for, $34k.

Quick Reply: Looking to be a new Mustang leaser/owner