New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member, not so new car

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Kiwicrazybird

Default New member, not so new car

Hi all! I bought my 01 base coupe 6 years ago and have been saying since I bought it I want to fix it up a bit. I really love the body style and have always liked the look of custom cars. I pretty much have 0 experience working on cars, so I'm hoping to get some advice as I go (hope that's ok). I'm wanting to start with some easy cosmetic upgrades. At this point, I don't really want to attempt messing with anything under the hood. It's all stock, but the previous owner took excellent care of the car and I've continued getting all the regular oil changes/tune ups so it runs great. It's bright red with these cool reflective white racing stripes and "c" side decals. The interior is stock gray with a little black, which is pretty boring. I really want to make it pink and red inside (yes, I'm a girl and yes, I like pink!). I'm trying to make it *look similar inside to this car- http://www.dzeusvip.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=4568.html which is girly but not too frilly IMO. I have made some simple upgrades already. Inside- I put in pink floor mats, seat covers, shifter/ebrake covers, map light led and interior moulding. I've switched out the stock door/window buttons, headlight pull, turn signal, radio button and shifter bezel to billet. I'm waiting on anodized red aluminum lock pins and interior pink "glow" moulding. Also waiting on a anodized red aluminum instrument panel faceplate, new white gauge cover and instrument panel led lights. Exterior- I put a red carbon fiber attena, added some chrome molding, switched out the headlamp, brake light and upper brake lights with new ones in chrome casings (led on the upper brake light) upgraded to xenon headlamp bulbs and added pink led license plate lights. It's already looking a lot better. Kind of stuck on how to incorporate more red into the interior though. Like the car I'm trying to kind of go off, I would want the red on the panels, console and dash. Don't know that I have the right equiptment to paint it in a way that would actually hold up, and don't really see the right color red upholstery type fabric online to do fabric covers (it's all dark red from what I've found online, I want bright red). Ill also try and get some pics up of before/after everything I've done so far. I'm pretty open to any comments or suggestions
Old 04-30-2013, 07:50 PM
Kiwicrazybird

Wanted to add, I'm a seamstress and last year I spent a solid 12 hours making custom-fitted front and back seat covers out of red and cream microsuede. The fit perfectly and looked amazing for all of 3 months before the AZ sun faded and destroyed them. I'm confident with making covers or upholstery, but I'm leery on using traditional fabrics because they will not hold up in the sun we get here. I can't seem to find the right color/fabrics online designed for car upholstery either. If anyone has links, I would love microsuede OR faux punched or embossed leather in bright red and cream or white.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:44 PM
White03Vert
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the site. Do you have any photos of your ride?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:50 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome
Old 04-30-2013, 10:17 PM
Kiwicrazybird

This is the only pic I have that will upload. Guess the ones I took the other day with my good camera are too big of files. As I said, it's a really plain, all stock car. I think it was the most base model available. On the flipside, I'm not worried too much about doing whatever I want (or can) to it since it's nothing too special.
Attached Thumbnails New member, not so new car-img_0853.jpg  
Old 05-01-2013, 06:05 AM
Barrie
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to MF.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:09 AM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Hi, welcome.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:54 PM
samolet
3rd Gear Member