New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2001 Mustang V6 body kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 04:10 PM
hamer

Default 2001 Mustang V6 body kit?

I just bought a 2001 Mustang base model with a V6 motor. This car was wreaked but the only damaged was the front and rear bumper covers and front fender and deck lid and a mirror.

It seems that this car has been upgraded a bit because the deck lid has a nice spoiler and the rear bumper cover says Mustang even though it is a single exhaust. There are no cut outs for the exhaust on the bumper cover. It has a hood scoop and it also has the plastic cool looking rocker panel covers. It also has a Mach stereo system in it. It says Mustang down the doors near the bottom. The guy who sold it to me said when he got it he was told it had some upgrades. It looks almost like a GT but it is a base model with a V6.

I am no Mustang expert as you can probably already see and I am new here. I bought the car for 500 bucks with no rust and easy to repair damage. My plan is to give it to my kid as a surprise for her sweet 16 B-day party. I know she does not like the standard base model front end on the 99-04 models so I figured instead of replacing those damaged body parts with OEM I would just buy a nice body kit for it for the front and rear.

The body kit I know she would like is the Urethane Bomber Body Kit. Does anyone here have experience with this kit and do you know if it fits well or does it require tons of modification?

I had originally planed to replace the nose of the car with the GEN 5 body kit that makes the nose of the car look just like the new Mustangs because my kid loves the look of the nose on the new Mustang with the pushed in opening and round headlights. However I recently heard they require extreme alterations and much time and expense to get them to fit so I decide to go with the Urethane Bomber Body Kit providing I can find someone who has done it before and knows something about it so I don't get caught out. I just want to replace the front and rear bumper covers and rockers and it looks like this kit offers the perfect fit for the look she would like. She hates the wrap around to the fender head lights on the 99-04 but she will deal with it because it will look sweet when done. This Urethane Bomber Body Kit is the only one I ever saw her point out on the street and say "wow that's nice" for a Mustang of that year.

Any advice or knowledge of the best company that offers this in a great easy fit application at a normal price would be much appreciated. Sorry for the long post and I hope you folks can please help me.

Thanks, Matt
Old 06-20-2013, 04:59 PM
drunkyoda
2nd Gear Member

ew... that is all i gotta say... that has to be the ugliest body kit they make for that year.

if i were you i would find something like the cobra R front bumper or something more OEM because putting big body kits on cars was never cool and only happened because of fast and furious..
Old 06-20-2013, 07:02 PM
hamer

Can I post a pic of the front nose I want on this site or are pics not allowed?
Old 06-21-2013, 09:03 AM
TheStigSC
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to MF!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:07 AM
drunkyoda
2nd Gear Member

you can post pics if you want.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

welcome to the forums...
Old 06-21-2013, 11:22 AM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Hi, welcome. Good luck with your project.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:23 AM
hamer

This is the nose we are thinking about changing it to
Attached Thumbnails 2001 Mustang V6 body kit?-bomber-nose.jpg  
Old 06-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I think it looks terrible. Just my opinion tho...
Old 06-21-2013, 11:53 AM
drunkyoda
2nd Gear Member

hamer to be honest get her something that has an OEM look to it. If you find something OEM style that she likes than that is your best bet.

Quick Reply: 2001 Mustang V6 body kit?