New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Found the Forum! New Stang enthusiast!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 12:32 PM
JKingV2

Default Found the Forum! New Stang enthusiast!

Hello all, I just became the proud owner of a brand new 2014 GT Premium Track Pack vehicle and it's been one of the highlights of my life lately. I was a Chevy guy for the longest until last year. I'm serving in the US Navy and have been for 8 and a half years. I was stationed over in Japan where, thru the overseas military car sales, I was looking to purchase a new Camaro. What I found out was the only domestic manufacturers working with the military were Ford, Chrysler, Jeep, and Lincoln.... no GM??? If I remember correctly, we the taxpaying citizens of America bailed GM out of near collapse bankruptcy, but they don't want to participate in helping service members purchase an American automobile? So I said screw GM, screw the Camaro, and placed an order for a new Mustang. I gotta say, I couldn't have been more happier with my choice. The Mustang is just a much better looking car and more fun to drive. Yea, yea.. solid axle, Camaro has IRS, whatever. I test drove both and, despite the SRA (cuz I do like twisty turns) the Mustang is a bit more fun to drive and easier to see out of. Anyways, I'm looking to connecting with like minded enthusiasts here.. Happy to meet you all!!!
Attached Thumbnails Found the Forum! New Stang enthusiast!-img_0969.jpg  
Old 09-20-2013, 02:05 PM
huntiez
1st Gear Member

welcome to mf man glad to have you join
Old 09-20-2013, 02:43 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Welcome to MF and to the world of Mustang performance! Glad to see you're trying out new waters and giving Ford a shot to prove their famous poney car.

Do you have any mods in mind for the near future? Any long term goals for the car too?

Shane
Old 09-20-2013, 02:44 PM
saleen12

Hi, currently selling my toy Saleen Extreme #12 in Ebay account:robb-p

Excellent! Ford Mustang SALEEN S281 2006 EXTREME #12 Supercharge - Orig OWNER
Start Low Auction! Extremely RARE - Performance White 1 out 7 and Total Reproduction #137. I am the Original /First Owner

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-20-2013, 05:44 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

wow talk about thread jack... to my man with the new mustang, welcome to the forums!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Tyyk'sStang

Nice car, what do you do in the navy? I've been stationed out in Hawaii for 3 years and spent some time in Yokosuka while on deployment back in 2011.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:40 AM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Hi, congrats and welcome. Thanks for your service.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:16 AM
50resto

"FORD
builtwithout
your tax dollars"
Old 09-21-2013, 01:58 PM
JKingV2

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Welcome to MF and to the world of Mustang performance! Glad to see you're trying out new waters and giving Ford a shot to prove their famous poney car.

Do you have any mods in mind for the near future? Any long term goals for the car too?

Shane
Hey Shane.. No mods yet, but I really wanna go to work in the handling dept and plan on getting a bunch of Whiteline mods and prove to people this SRA deal can handle just as good as an IRS
Old 09-21-2013, 02:00 PM
JKingV2

Originally Posted by 96t-bird
Hi, congrats and welcome. Thanks for your service.
Hey, thank you!

Quick Reply: Found the Forum! New Stang enthusiast!