New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New guy in NC

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 11:00 AM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Jeez guys. And here I thought you took me cause you liked me...
Old 09-23-2013, 11:01 AM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Hi, welcome.Thanks for your service.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:01 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Welcome! Good to see more NCers here!

I noticed no one really answered your question. The intro section is usually just hi and welcomes.

How much are you trying to spend to supercharge the car, and what are your plans for the future past that? Just slap a supercharger on and be done? If so, you don't need forged internals to run around 400 RWHP, but you'll be able to run more boost and more HP with forged internals, so if you plan on going above around 450 RWHP sometime, it might be a good idea. LTs are always a good idea if you want to maximum flow and performance out of any setup. Depending on what kind of X pipe you have, a lot of companies sell short legs for LTs, you might be able to just replace the legs. If not, you could always get it all cut and welded too, but then you won't be able to remove the midpipe if you ever need to. Also, parts needed would depend on the supercharger you get. If you get something like a Kenne Bell, it'll replace your intake. Most everything will be optional upgrades to get the most out of your setup, but you don't NEED to upgrade much else. Maybe fuel pump and injectors. You could basically just slap a S/C on and enjoy a decent boost as is, or you can go all out and forge the internals, get the heads worked, get some blower cams, and all that and really up the boost. All depends on what you want to put into it. I'd suggest you read up a little on what exactly you're looking for, what kind of supercharger you want (twin screw, centri, etc) depending on the power you want and money you want to spend, then start a thread in the tech section about the build. I'm going from the best I know off the top of my head, but I'm a 3V guy now. Those guys would know a lot more than me and correct anything I got wrong.

If you want to do the work yourself and buy the individual parts, you can build an FI setup for not too terribly expensive. But if you're going to buy a kit and have someone else install it, you'll be looking at probably closer to 2 or 3 times the price.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
Welcome! Good to see more NCers here!

I noticed no one really answered your question. The intro section is usually just hi and welcomes.

How much are you trying to spend to supercharge the car, and what are your plans for the future past that? Just slap a supercharger on and be done? If so, you don't need forged internals to run around 400 RWHP, but you'll be able to run more boost and more HP with forged internals, so if you plan on going above around 450 RWHP sometime, it might be a good idea. LTs are always a good idea if you want to maximum flow and performance out of any setup. Depending on what kind of X pipe you have, a lot of companies sell short legs for LTs, you might be able to just replace the legs. If not, you could always get it all cut and welded too, but then you won't be able to remove the midpipe if you ever need to. Also, parts needed would depend on the supercharger you get. If you get something like a Kenne Bell, it'll replace your intake. Most everything will be optional upgrades to get the most out of your setup, but you don't NEED to upgrade much else. Maybe fuel pump and injectors. You could basically just slap a S/C on and enjoy a decent boost as is, or you can go all out and forge the internals, get the heads worked, get some blower cams, and all that and really up the boost. All depends on what you want to put into it. I'd suggest you read up a little on what exactly you're looking for, what kind of supercharger you want (twin screw, centri, etc) depending on the power you want and money you want to spend, then start a thread in the tech section about the build. I'm going from the best I know off the top of my head, but I'm a 3V guy now. Those guys would know a lot more than me and correct anything I got wrong.

If you want to do the work yourself and buy the individual parts, you can build an FI setup for not too terribly expensive. But if you're going to buy a kit and have someone else install it, you'll be looking at probably closer to 2 or 3 times the price.
Thanks for answering my questions. I have been doing some reading up on this. Im still up in the air. I think that I am just going to nose around for a little bit and read up before I just jump in the water. Thanks!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Welcome to MF