New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2014 turbo ford 4 cylinder nationals ,in tulsa oklahoma

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 08:31 PM
mrswit

Default 2014 turbo ford 4 cylinder nationals ,in tulsa oklahoma

hey guys I just posted this on the four eyed pride and merkur forums , maybe we will get some merkurs to participate in 2014

hi im kinda new on here but im on the turbo ford forum im mrswift on that forum . any ways we have been holding a 4 cylinder ford turbo national event for the last 2 years , the first year 2012 it was at gateway motorsports park in maddison il. it was a blast to see 15 running 2.3 powered turbo fords together at the same time . the second year (2013 august 31 st ) we held it in conjunction with the fun ford week end at Bristol drag way in Bristol tn, and we had 13 cars show up from all over the country. im from Tulsa Oklahoma , chriss aka just add boost cam from west tx . and some cars from pensulvania and south Carolina and stinger Shannon came out to watch and help out , matt culpepper brought project bolt on and ran it , dale tr6 came from ohio , and steve came from Michigan , dennis aka denz drove his Volvo headed notch from Michigan , don haulsey drove his Volvo headed 73 ish capri and raced it also and drove it home . so we have a few variety of cars , but so far no merkurs have participated . 2013 race will be in the mid west Tulsa Oklahoma . it will be held with an all ford week end type race . we are in the process of schedualing with Tulsa race way park and eric aka flyin on the Tulsa raceway park forum . im really looking forward to seeing some merkurs show up. last years purse was real. substantial esslinger donated 2 scripts for $1000 eace for the winners for a head or block . and there was a lot of cash , I don't know exactly as I did not win. but we are working on the same type of deal for 2014 . u can look up the official thread on the turbo ford thread . in 2014 4 cylinder national event thread . we would love to see all of u Midwest cars show up to race or watch . the more the better . the format will be 2 classes , a quick 8 for the fast cars , and a bracket race .500 tree for the bracket class . ant thing ford 2.3 turbo powered vehicle with doors . no dragsters or altered as they have decided , u can bring ur dragsters 2.3 powered ford 4 cyls if u have them and tnt passes if u want ur welcome . if u have any questions u can email me boosted87notch@gmail.com my name is tom . there will be a bar b que Friday befor the tnt at mone of our local tubo ford menmbers u can camp at the track there are bathrooms and there are some rv spots for a nominal fee with electricity but they have to be booked in advance as we will be running with a larger venue , we are working on the other classes for the big fords . Tulsa raceway park is one of the best traction surfaces ive raced on , mike Edwards and rodger brogden test here regularly. so it would be awesome to see some merkurs represented at the 2014 race. we will be starting a participants thread soon . so u can go on and state ur intrests and questions if u have any. thanks tome :cheers every year I make up participation stickers for the cars that show up this is what they look like
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/y...-21-48_444.jpg
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/y...-52-07_213.jpg
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/y...pse0137a23.jpg
2013 fastest 2.3 turbo on the property went to joe laramee in his 77 pinto 2.3 powered turbo 9.42 @140 ish nice car
Old 10-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Lokota
2nd Gear Member

welcome to the site!
Old 10-11-2013, 04:12 PM
huntiez
1st Gear Member

welcome to the forums
Old 10-14-2013, 09:20 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome
Old 03-26-2014, 03:20 PM
mrswit

attention all 2.3 ford turbo lima based mustangs ,svo , xr4ti. turbo swapped cars , october 10 - 11 th tulsa race way park . 2014 diamond international turboford.org 4 cyl ford nationals we will be running in conjunction with mods vs rods and diesel drags event , bring out those svo and xr4tis and any turbo 2.3 ford lima based powered cars or trucks . any thing with a lima based 2.3 turbo engine is eligable to race. currently diamond international has donated $500 cash for each class winner , and esslinger performance has donated $1000 in script for to be slip between the winner down to simi round in our 3 anual turbo ford 4 cylinder national even.
see linck for exact pay outs and details .
http://forum.turboford.org/cgi-bin/u...c;f=5;t=000709
im working to make this the best event so far . there are also awards and prises for the participants. u dont have to race if u dont want to, come out and show ur car and see what everyone elses combos and performance . ive been to the last 2 event and there are an amazing number of takes on the performance set up for these engine.
stinger performance`s project bolt on the flying cluch man (matt cullpeper )along ran 9.99 at 137 last year ,

Dr JOE Laramee is brining his pinto blow through turbo went 5.61 @ 129 in the 1/8 last year , this is his street car.

brian fennel of fennel performance will be here with his ww2 themed coupe . went 9.03 last year .

curt hensley`s turbo toy pinto is comming, went 10.51 @123 last yr

steve bragwyn of diamond internationa tittle sponser is brining his pinto, says he`s gona run 8s this year.

criss aka just add boost 87 turbo coupe t bird ran 10.50s last year ,

don r haulsee is brining his volvo headed 72 mercury capri last year went 13.90s soft launch , trying not to brake rear end , drove the car 380 miles to the race and drove home .

and of course mr swift .ill be here with 5 cars , im racing my 87 lx coupe , looking to run 10s on low boost , best et so far 11.63 best mph 123, bad 60 ft , all new suspention this year.

micheal dunn will be in attendance with his sn 95 mustang volvo headed 2.3 went 12.10 at gate way, now more mods , looking for low 11s out of this combo.

tin man`s dirty bird will be here . also his turbo gt mustang.

chuck smiths 72 ford pinto turbo 2.3 big tire car , should be able to runn 11s .

turboford.org site owner paul leduk will be a hired gun for mr swift

wess kiser will be hired gun for mrswift .

the famous mr link turbo ray also will be hired gun for mrswift

joseph harper (aka cheezit) 84 svo will test his skills

Ohsoslowtc (Bruce & Tiffany @ TX) will be brining thier really nice turbo coupe.

there are many more we have not gotten comformation from like john huber , dave flanders , dale aka tr6turbo 72 triumph tr6 ran 10.70s at gateway. 12 time nhra record holder marty buth. rummers criss roth will be brining his turbo 2.3 alpine sunbeam. rcfts (Chris @ OR) will be towing from springfield oregon , long haul award i can gaurantee . plus many more that have not checked in yet. if u have any questions u can check in at the official log in thread and put ur name in the hat .

http://forum.turboford.org/cgi-bin/u...c;f=5;t=000701 so come on out and play
Old 03-26-2014, 04:19 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome
Old 03-28-2014, 07:23 AM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Welcome.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:44 PM
prochargerjoe

Some guy with a pinto claims to have the fastest 2.3 .we will seeat nationals in Tulsa.I have a procharged 2.3 making 1800rwhp and runs 6.25 in the 1/4 and drive it on the street everyweekend .my name is Joe mulvaney just want you to know who's hunting you down laramee.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:54 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Welcome!
Old 08-02-2014, 08:28 AM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

I can't help but suspect that you aren't looking to be a productive member of this forum - you are just trying to promote your little 4-banger event. Amiright?

Quick Reply: 2014 turbo ford 4 cylinder nationals ,in tulsa oklahoma