New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2014 Mustang V6 as a daily car (specially back seat)?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 09:32 AM
MustangEnthu

Default 2014 Mustang V6 as a daily car (specially back seat)?

So this my second thread here. The replies in the first thread convinced me that I can seriously consider Mustang. This weekend I am going to test drive both v6 and v8.

But the biggest thing that is holding me back from buying a Mustang is the back seat space. I know it sounds ridiculous and a lot of threads have discussed this topic before. But I need more inputs. I already own a motorcycle, and this will be my only car. I don't want to be in a situation where I have two vehicles but none of them comfortably seats us when two friends come to visit me! It would be a shame :P.

I am 5 feet 6 inch. Will there be enough space at the back to seat two people and drive around? Would they hate their life if they do a four hour journey in my Mustang?

Inputs/suggestions are hugely appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-27-2014, 09:34 AM
shinerttu
2nd Gear Member

I do not recommend a 4 hour journey in the back seat, go sit in one..
Old 02-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

^^

A jaunt around town with people in the back is ok, but not a long trip. I've taken friends and family around in the back seat and it's doable, if not luxurious...
Old 02-27-2014, 02:10 PM
Det.FrankBullitt
1st Gear Member

yes, they will hate you after 30 minutes, at 1 hour they will have you in the trunk.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:41 PM
Chazman_1962
2nd Gear Member

I don't even know why the put back seats in mustangs. If your a little person I guess it would not be that bad but other wise your screwed, or better yet the individual in the back seat is screwed, just turn the radio up so you can't hear them complain
Old 02-27-2014, 02:59 PM
Diode Dynamics
Sponsor

I've had friends ride in the back of my 2007 for a long road trip, and I can say it's not going to be comfortable, but it's not unbearable. As long as you don't drive with your seat all the way back

Nick C.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:13 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by MustangEnthu
So this my second thread here. The replies in the first thread convinced me that I can seriously consider Mustang. This weekend I am going to test drive both v6 and v8.

But the biggest thing that is holding me back from buying a Mustang is the back seat space. I know it sounds ridiculous and a lot of threads have discussed this topic before. But I need more inputs. I already own a motorcycle, and this will be my only car. I don't want to be in a situation where I have two vehicles but none of them comfortably seats us when two friends come to visit me! It would be a shame :P.

I am 5 feet 6 inch. Will there be enough space at the back to seat two people and drive around? Would they hate their life if they do a four hour journey in my Mustang?

Inputs/suggestions are hugely appreciated.

Thanks
I've driven to San Diego and back a few times with in my mustang with my wife, one of my daughters, and one of her friends in the back. It's about a 4.5-5 hour drive from where I live in Arizona.

As long as the front seats aren't all the way back, it's doable. How tall are the people being put in the back? My daughter is 5'6" and her friends is around 5'4"
Old 02-27-2014, 04:44 PM
MustangEnthu

Originally Posted by Derf00
I've driven to San Diego and back a few times with in my mustang with my wife, one of my daughters, and one of her friends in the back. It's about a 4.5-5 hour drive from where I live in Arizona.

As long as the front seats aren't all the way back, it's doable. How tall are the people being put in the back? My daughter is 5'6" and her friends is around 5'4"
I would say most of my friends are around 5'6" - 5'8" or shorter.

This is so sad. Why couldn't they just increase the leg room by a few inches so that people like me who want this as the only car can consider it seriously!

Anyway, I am going to sit in one and check for myself.... but the stories so far have not been encouraging.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:52 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Too small of a car to utilize the back seats comfortably...
Old 02-27-2014, 07:39 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangEnthu
Anyway, I am going to sit in one and check for myself.... but the stories so far have not been encouraging.
Honestly, the fact that you're 5'6" and your friends are in that range may help your chances at having it be realistic... I'm guessing you'll have the front seat a little further forward, giving the back that much more legroom. It might not be too bad...

Quick Reply: 2014 Mustang V6 as a daily car (specially back seat)?