New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2014 Mustang V6 as a daily car (specially back seat)?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 07:59 PM
427Roush
1st Gear Member

Around town, sure. A four trip, rent a car.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:48 AM
sdstang
1st Gear Member

It's tight, I have a 4 year old in a car seat and she tells me it feels like she's sitting up front with me...
Old 03-01-2014, 01:10 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Something to really consider is how often you will actually have people back there. If they want to complain they can always buy a four door car or truck.

If you've got kids or thinking about kids, then yeah worrying about a back seat is pretty major if you don't have another car. Personally, friends that ride in the back would not be enough to keep me from getting a car that I wanted. Maybe I'm just a douche. Lol

For what it's worth, I'm 5' 2" and got put into the backseat of my '05 a few times for an hour long trip. Wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world, but that was with 6'+ people in the front seats.

Last edited by Tanner05; 03-01-2014 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:32 PM
MustangEnthu

Thanks all. I test drove both V6 and V8 with manual transmission today and also sat in the back. My height certainly makes sure that back seat is usable.

I went with the intention of buying V6 but I knew, having heard so much about V8, it would probably blow my mind away. And *sadly*, it did. It just felt so much more like a mean machine. But 8k more for v8 is too much for me as I have just graduated from college. I am contemplating it but I think I will end up going with v6 in the end . Its just much more practical for me considering a lot of aspects. I know I might regret it later. I feel sad about it.

Anyway, this is the color I am interested in (Grey with black stripe). Any thoughts? How does it look?

Old 03-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

That's a good looking car. What options are you looking at? A lot of dealers are selling base GTs for nearly the same price as loaded V6s right now, so that's something to keep in mind. Also, look at True Car and build the Mustang you want, if you haven't already. That's a pretty useful site.

For what it's worth, the V6 with 305 hp is still going to be fairly quick for daily driving and it'll still be a lot of fun. Then you wouldn't have to sacrifice the nicer interior things, assuming you're going for a more optioned V6.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:01 PM
MustangEnthu

I am looking at a base V6 with a tech package. Thats it. I don't need anything premium. I only need pure driving pleasure. Coming from India, I am not used to premium features anyway. ... Right now its Base v6 vs Base GT. The offer for v6 is too tempting (around 17k). Base GT will cost something around 25k. That's the big difference I am talking about.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Damn that's a great price. I would be jumping all over that V6. The 5.0 is awesome, but the 3.7 is nothing to be disappointed in, especially for a price like that.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:24 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by Tanner05
Damn that's a great price. I would be jumping all over that V6. The 5.0 is awesome, but the 3.7 is nothing to be disappointed in, especially for a price like that.
Yeah. I was thinking what a lightly used 3.7 or 5.0 would go for but brand new those are very competitive prices. 300hp for 17 grand is ridiculous, actually.

Originally Posted by Schmalgar
Honestly, the fact that you're 5'6" and your friends are in that range may help your chances at having it be realistic... I'm guessing you'll have the front seat a little further forward, giving the back that much more legroom. It might not be too bad...
+1, I was thinking the same thing. One of the issues with the backseat would be leg room and if everyone is roughly that height then I think the newer cars should fit 4 comfortably unless they are all huge.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:29 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Heh, I had an Indian coworker come to the US for a month a couple of years back. He immediately fell in love with my Mustang also, and he went home wishing such cars (and convertibles too) were more common back home...

I like the grey with black stripe. And as mentioned, the base models are not so weak as they used to be. My first Mustang was the base model of the time, a 4-cyl with I think 88hp... Now the base model has 300hp!
Old 03-02-2014, 04:40 AM
Chazman_1962
2nd Gear Member

Nice choice in color. I also went with the V6, intention was to use as a daily driver. About 100 miles a day to work and back. Good luck and let the mods begin. I've had a lot of fun moding my car even though its a V6. It still turns heads where ever I go.

Quick Reply: 2014 Mustang V6 as a daily car (specially back seat)?