New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

My new ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

I ordered a black fuel door from AM for my 01 GT. After a week it faded silver. Called AM, they shipped out a new one to me no questions asked.

I ordered a K&N CAI from AM for my 01 GT. One of the brackets that came with it was bent. They shipped me a new CAI no questions asked.

Since then, sold the 01.....

Ordered a white shifter **** for my 07 from AM. a week later it went on sale. Called AM, they credited me the difference.

I think its impossible for a company to satisfy everyone 100% of the time. Lord knows the company I work for doesn't but we strive to. I don't think AM would be around long if their goal was to mess up orders or upset customers. Sounds like a few people just had a run of bad luck. Maybe just poorly trained or new people handling the issue?

Not saying their displeasure is unjustified. Hell, I feel bent over by Comcast (that's another story)

Also... I have zero complaints with CJ, LMR, Steeda & Roush. GOOD customer service is very hard to come by lately, but our Mustang suppliers have been doing a great job from where I stand.

Vroom vroom
-Austin

Last edited by Shampue; 06-11-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:18 AM
NavyGSCM
1st Gear Member

Welcome!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:25 AM
bdraisey
1st Gear Member

welcome
Old 06-12-2014, 11:09 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Shampue
I ordered a black fuel door from AM for my 01 GT. After a week it faded silver. Called AM, they shipped out a new one to me no questions asked.

I ordered a K&N CAI from AM for my 01 GT. One of the brackets that came with it was bent. They shipped me a new CAI no questions asked.

Since then, sold the 01.....

Ordered a white shifter **** for my 07 from AM. a week later it went on sale. Called AM, they credited me the difference.

I think its impossible for a company to satisfy everyone 100% of the time. Lord knows the company I work for doesn't but we strive to. I don't think AM would be around long if their goal was to mess up orders or upset customers. Sounds like a few people just had a run of bad luck. Maybe just poorly trained or new people handling the issue?

Not saying their displeasure is unjustified. Hell, I feel bent over by Comcast (that's another story)

Also... I have zero complaints with CJ, LMR, Steeda & Roush. GOOD customer service is very hard to come by lately, but our Mustang suppliers have been doing a great job from where I stand.

Vroom vroom
-Austin

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues. It sounds like they've all been with the manufacturer of the product and not something that we could really control, which is very unfortunate. However, it's great news that our team took care of you right away! (The issue with the fuel doors has been fixed.) We really appreciate your feedback. It definitely helps us eliminate issues like this.

We appreciate your business and loyalty! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 06-12-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

I've had my share of problems with items recieved from AM and Summit Racing....etc etc

BUT... they correct their problems rather quickly. And I've noticed much of the problems have the uneducated consumer at the other end of it. Much of the results you see from parts missing on items ordered stem from returns from buyers who didn't research their purchase and called to get the item returned after getting assistance figuring out where they screwed up. Only much of the time they return said item without all the hardware or the instructions or additional accessories needed for the next person who knows what they're doing to get it done.

Then again my only complaint at this point is that since all the purchasing is done online with the parts sight unseen we can't review ahead of time whether what we're buying is an open box item from a previous customer's mistake. You don't know until you've already received the item. And then you're either tired of the wait or so anxious to get it done that you just work with the vendor to get it corrected ASAP.

Instead AM should properly inventory open box returns and discount them even more with a clause to sell it "as is final sale". It would have two positive outcomes.

1. Force people to do complete research on the item before committing to it
2. Reduce the amount of returns from happening in the first place.

The Customer service end of this is really just suffering from the fallout of mostly uneducated buyers. Let me rephrase that... The Educated buyer suffers from inventory that gets f'd up by the dumb buying decisions of others. This shoud account for 90% of the source of these screw ups.

The rest is literally operational dysfunction. Like when they clearly send the entirely wrong part. Like when....You get a hood scoop when you ordered a Wing.... ???

Just saying.

---

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 06-12-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:34 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
I've had my share of problems with items recieved from AM and Summit Racing....etc etc

BUT... they correct their problems rather quickly. And I've noticed much of the problems have the uneducated consumer at the other end of it. Much of the results you see from parts missing on items ordered stem from returns from buyers who didn't research their purchase and called to get the item returned after getting assistance figuring out where they screwed up. Only much of the time they return said item without all the hardware or the instructions or additional accessories needed for the next person who knows what they're doing to get it done.

Then again my only complaint at this point is that since all the purchasing is done online with the parts sight unseen we can't review ahead of time whether what we're buying is an open box item from a previous customer's mistake. You don't know until you've already received the item. And then you're either tired of the wait or so anxious to get it done that you just work with the vendor to get it corrected ASAP.

Instead AM should properly inventory open box returns and discount them even more with a clause to sell it "as is final sale". It would have two positive outcomes.

1. Force people to do complete research on the item before committing to it
2. Reduce the amount of returns from happening in the first place.

The Customer service end of this is really just suffering from the fallout of mostly uneducated buyers. Let me rephrase that... The Educated buyer suffers from inventory that gets f'd up by the dumb buying decisions of others. This shoud account for 90% of the source of these screw ups.

The rest is literally operational dysfunction. Like when they clearly send the entirely wrong part. Like when....You get a hood scoop when you ordered a Wing.... ???

Just saying.

---
I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues in the past. However, I am glad to hear that we worked quickly to straighten them out!

Believe me, we do not re-inventory any items that are returned. Returns go to a completely different bay at our warehouse and are inventoried there. Most of them are sent back to the manufacturer since they were defective etc..

Any item you order off of our site is brand new and never opened! I can promise you that.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! I'd be glad to assist you.

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 06-12-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:30 PM
bdraisey
1st Gear Member

welcome Name:  IMG_0665.jpeg
Views: 26
Size:  120.0 KB
Old 06-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues in the past. However, I am glad to hear that we worked quickly to straighten them out!

Believe me, we do not re-inventory any items that are returned. Returns go to a completely different bay at our warehouse and are inventoried there. Most of them are sent back to the manufacturer since they were defective etc..

Any item you order off of our site is brand new and never opened! I can promise you that.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! I'd be glad to assist you.

-Dan
Dan... If what you're saying is true then .... There have been several items I've ordered from AM...that definitely do not fit the description of an unopened box or complete. Most people won't harp on the small things since they plan their time around the arrival of these mods. And if a spacer and/or screws are missing... They can be replaced by a quick visit to the hardware store.

So I really question your claim. Not a total complaint here...like I said. AM is quick to resolve issues. And they are available when you need customer service.

I'm sure if some items are returned there must be some that appear to be unopened. Otherwise how to explain missing parts, hardware etc??? If not...then my apologies... My items in general have been complete... A few ... Let's just say have been questionable.

---