New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

My New 05 GT Vert

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 10:16 AM
NavyGSCM
1st Gear Member

Welcome!
Old 06-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Lime.GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by azdevil1
welcome - looks hella nice. Is that top also tan? Would love to see her with the top up. Was thinking a dark hood or cf hood would look mean on that color but that's just my taste. What's your next mod?

and extra points+ for walking into a Lexus dealership and leaving with an American made Mustang. U Rock!
Thanks, I could not pass this one up. We were looking for a Gt Vert and the Lexus Dealer took one in on a trade, only has 37,000 miles and looks like new so I bought it. By the way the ONLY reason I would walk into a Lexus dealer is to buy a Mustang. (the Lexus license plate frame in the pic was removed when I got my tag)

It does have a tan top and I plan to paint the center section of the hood and the rear spoiler black.

My next mod is a new shifter, the stock one has long throws and shifts are very sloppy.
Originally Posted by Stang BB
Those are nice looking Stangs. Like orangepeel I'm biased too but towards the 05 GT vert. lol
I like both the '89 and '05 equally but for different reasons. Can't wait to get this one supercharged, after driving my '89 for a few years this car feels like I am dragging a parachute when I get on it!
Old 06-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Lime.GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NavyGSCM
Welcome!
Thank you. Harleys and Mustangs......a great combination. I have had a few Harleys myself, '07 Streetglide was my last bike. For those Sport Bike riders on the forum, I have also owned a ZX7, ZRX1100, and a ZX14 along with a few others.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:51 PM
Stang BB
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lime.GT

I like both the '89 and '05 equally but for different reasons. Can't wait to get this one supercharged, after driving my '89 for a few years this car feels like I am dragging a parachute when I get on it!
I've always been fond of Mustangs and always wanted to get another one since the 67 I had 40+ years ago. Whenever the S197 came out in 05 it really put the bug in me. So for nearly ten years I've always wanted one, a convertible. I wanted a convertible since I sold off an old MG about a dozen years ago.

So this past April I spent some of my retirement and bought one. The amount of funds I had limited me to an 05. It was a one owner car that I bought at a Ford dealership. It already had the mods and the dealer had no idea what all it had. We didn't know about the exhaust until my son looked under it more carefully. I knew it sounded pretty damn good for stock.

But I often thought why they did these mods and left those crappy wheels on it. Whenever I can afford it, they will change. lol
Old 06-13-2014, 01:57 PM
bdraisey
1st Gear Member

Welcome

Name:  IMG_0665.jpeg
Views: 22
Size:  120.0 KB
Old 06-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Lime.GT
1st Gear Member

I've always been fond of Mustangs and always wanted to get another one since the 67 I had 40+ years ago. Whenever the S197 came out in 05 it really put the bug in me. So for nearly ten years I've always wanted one, a convertible. I wanted a convertible since I sold off an old MG about a dozen years ago.

So this past April I spent some of my retirement and bought one. The amount of funds I had limited me to an 05. It was a one owner car that I bought at a Ford dealership. It already had the mods and the dealer had no idea what all it had. We didn't know about the exhaust until my son looked under it more carefully. I knew it sounded pretty damn good for stock.

But I often thought why they did these mods and left those crappy wheels on it. Whenever I can afford it, they will change. lol
I wanted a new 2014 GT but I couldn't convince the wife I "needed" one (especially since it isn't our Daily Driver) so I settled for the '05.

I am also am a fan of small Roadsters and currently own a '96 Miata. It is a blast to drive and makes my Mustang feel like a truck. It has an aftermarket suspension and handles like its on rails, you can see it by clicking one of the links in my signature below.

Its a bonus that you got it with the aftermarket exhaust, it looks like your car has been lowered also. My guess is the previous owner probably put the stock wheels back on the car when he sold it. It is a great looking car and will look even better with the right wheel choice, congrats!
Old 06-14-2014, 12:04 PM
Lime.GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bdraisey
Welcome
Thanks, and welcome to you too
Old 06-14-2014, 03:35 PM
Stang BB
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lime.GT
I wanted a new 2014 GT but I couldn't convince the wife I "needed" one (especially since it isn't our Daily Driver) so I settled for the '05.

I am also am a fan of small Roadsters and currently own a '96 Miata. It is a blast to drive and makes my Mustang feel like a truck. It has an aftermarket suspension and handles like its on rails, you can see it by clicking one of the links in my signature below.

Its a bonus that you got it with the aftermarket exhaust, it looks like your car has been lowered also. My guess is the previous owner probably put the stock wheels back on the car when he sold it. It is a great looking car and will look even better with the right wheel choice, congrats!
I think you're right about the wheels. My son and I noticed it had been lowered and we had thought of that. My memory is fuzzy in my old age so please forgive me. The car was a trade in at a Ford dealer so...

It was a real clean car with 73,400 miles. Not that many for a 9 year old car. We could tell it was taken care of. I think we're going to find a lift somewhere and take a better look at what all they did.

That's a bad little Miata you got there. I can see why it runs on rails. That Fox also was bad ***. You've had some decent cars.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:36 PM
Lime.GT
1st Gear Member

I think you're right about the wheels. My son and I noticed it had been lowered and we had thought of that. My memory is fuzzy in my old age so please forgive me. The car was a trade in at a Ford dealer so...

It was a real clean car with 73,400 miles. Not that many for a 9 year old car. We could tell it was taken care of. I think we're going to find a lift somewhere and take a better look at what all they did.

That's a bad little Miata you got there. I can see why it runs on rails. That Fox also was bad ***. You've had some decent cars.
Thanks, I have enjoyed all my cars as well as the dozen or so Motorcycles I have had over the last 30 years.

I think it is a good idea to take a look under the car so you know exactly what you have and you can better plan any future mods like suspension, wheels, etc.

Keep an eye on Craigslist for Mustang wheels, I have found many bargains on numerous car parts there. I think these 2012 Mustang California Special wheels would look awesome on your car http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/pts/4511606549.html I have seen a few '05 Mustangs with these and they look perfect. Heres another pic of a red Gt with these wheels http://img.vast.com/original/-7300871075938379184
Old 06-15-2014, 09:58 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Welcome! Love the LL. I found a Vert like that with the black top/interior. Was all for it until I found it had a pretty bad rear collision What type of FI do you plan on?

Quick Reply: My New 05 GT Vert