Go Back   MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > New Member Area
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by American Muscle


Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


My New 05 GT Vert

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
Lime.GT
1st Gear Member
 
Lime.GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT
Location: South Florida
Posts: 115
Default My New 05 GT Vert

Hi everyone, I recently picked up a 2005 GT Vert and the modding bug has bit hard!

The car was stock when I bought it but I have already added a few cosmetic and suspension mods as you can see in the pics. This car is in desperate need of more power, I am looking at superchargers now and plan to add one in the next few months.

I am new to this site but not new to Mustangs. My last Stang was a 1989 LX Notch, Paxton supercharged with 442 RWHP, see pics below.

My first Mustang was a 1967 Coupe that I purchased in high school, didn't have the funds to modify it at the time but really enjoyed the few years that I owned it.

Looking forward to learning more about the '05 and mods here from all of you.

Scott







'89 Notch - Sold




This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
__________________


'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT
'89 LX Notch, 442 RWHP - SOLD
'67 Coupe, Stock 289 - SOLD
Lime.GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:40 AM   #2
88 orangepeel notch
5th Gear Member
 
88 orangepeel notch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Vehicle: 1988 notchback
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,342
Default

Welcome and nice looking Mustangs. But love that notch as I'm alittle bias.
__________________
306 with all bolt ons, letter cam, ported E7's, T5 swap, full exhaust, 3:55's, 2" drop, and the worst paint you'll ever see or feel.
Dyno'd 300/316, 2745lbs-track scale
Best ET………12.4@108, 1.66 60ft on 8" ET Drags.
24 mpg (combined)
88 orangepeel notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:59 AM   #3
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2005 Mustang
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 12,252
Default

Welcome
__________________
Eddie
Livernois 298 stroker
2005Redfire6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:27 AM   #4
Lime.GT
1st Gear Member
 
Lime.GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT
Location: South Florida
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch View Post
Welcome and nice looking Mustangs. But love that notch as I'm alittle bias.
Thanks. I still kick myself for selling the Notch but I "had to have" a new motorcycle at the time and the wife would not agree to both toys.
__________________


'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT
'89 LX Notch, 442 RWHP - SOLD
'67 Coupe, Stock 289 - SOLD
Lime.GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #5
dslpow3r
1st Gear Member
 
dslpow3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Vehicle: 2014 Mustang GT Cali Special
Location: FL
Posts: 126
Default

Congrats
dslpow3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:18 PM   #6
Lime.GT
1st Gear Member
 
Lime.GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT
Location: South Florida
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6 View Post
Welcome
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslpow3r View Post
Congrats
Thank you, I am having a blast with this one!
__________________


'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT
'89 LX Notch, 442 RWHP - SOLD
'67 Coupe, Stock 289 - SOLD
Lime.GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:48 AM   #7
96t-bird
4th Gear Member
 
96t-bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Vehicle: 01,Mustang,GT
Location: NC
Posts: 1,866
Default

Congrats and welcome.
__________________
01 GT, True Blue,auto,CAI,CDC shaker,70MM TB,PP upper intake,PP Typhoon lower intake,21 lb injectors,Blue Hi-temp hoses,Steeda coil springs,Koni struts,stock sub-frame connectors,Flowmaster catback,Mach 1 delete grill Member #120
96t-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:27 PM   #8
Lime.GT
1st Gear Member
 
Lime.GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT
Location: South Florida
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96t-bird View Post
Congrats and welcome.
Thanks, I can't wait to do the next mod on my list!
__________________


'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT
'89 LX Notch, 442 RWHP - SOLD
'67 Coupe, Stock 289 - SOLD
Lime.GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #9
azdevil1
1st Gear Member
 
azdevil1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Vehicle: 5.0 Coupe
Location: AZ
Posts: 149
Default

welcome - looks hella nice. Is that top also tan? Would love to see her with the top up. Was thinking a dark hood or cf hood would look mean on that color but that's just my taste. What's your next mod?

and extra points+ for walking into a Lexus dealership and leaving with an American made Mustang. U Rock!
azdevil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #10
Stang BB
2nd Gear Member
 
Stang BB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Vehicle: 05, Ford. Mustang
Location: Washington
Posts: 275
Default

Those are nice looking Stangs. Like orangepeel I'm biased too but towards the 05 GT vert. lol
__________________


BBK Titanium CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, Hurst short shifter
Stang BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #11
NavyGSCM
1st Gear Member
 
NavyGSCM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT
Location: Missouri
Posts: 54
Default

Welcome!
__________________


"Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, 'I served in the United States Navy,'"
President John F. Kennedy August 1963
NavyGSCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:12 PM   #12
Lime.GT
1st Gear Member
 
Lime.GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT
Location: South Florida
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdevil1 View Post
welcome - looks hella nice. Is that top also tan? Would love to see her with the top up. Was thinking a dark hood or cf hood would look mean on that color but that's just my taste. What's your next mod?

and extra points+ for walking into a Lexus dealership and leaving with an American made Mustang. U Rock!
Thanks, I could not pass this one up. We were looking for a Gt Vert and the Lexus Dealer took one in on a trade, only has 37,000 miles and looks like new so I bought it. By the way the ONLY reason I would walk into a Lexus dealer is to buy a Mustang. (the Lexus license plate frame in the pic was removed when I got my tag)

It does have a tan top and I plan to paint the center section of the hood and the rear spoiler black.

My next mod is a new shifter, the stock one has long throws and shifts are very sloppy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang BB View Post
Those are nice looking Stangs. Like orangepeel I'm biased too but towards the 05 GT vert. lol
I like both the '89 and '05 equally but for different reasons. Can't wait to get this one supercharged, after driving my '89 for a few years this car feels like I am dragging a parachute when I get on it!
__________________


'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT
'89 LX Notch, 442 RWHP - SOLD
'67 Coupe, Stock 289 - SOLD
Lime.GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:19 PM   #13
Lime.GT
1st Gear Member
 
Lime.GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT
Location: South Florida
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGSCM View Post
Welcome!
Thank you. Harleys and Mustangs......a great combination. I have had a few Harleys myself, '07 Streetglide was my last bike. For those Sport Bike riders on the forum, I have also owned a ZX7, ZRX1100, and a ZX14 along with a few others.
__________________


'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT
'89 LX Notch, 442 RWHP - SOLD
'67 Coupe, Stock 289 - SOLD
Lime.GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:51 PM   #14
Stang BB
2nd Gear Member
 
Stang BB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Vehicle: 05, Ford. Mustang
Location: Washington
Posts: 275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime.GT View Post

I like both the '89 and '05 equally but for different reasons. Can't wait to get this one supercharged, after driving my '89 for a few years this car feels like I am dragging a parachute when I get on it!
I've always been fond of Mustangs and always wanted to get another one since the 67 I had 40+ years ago. Whenever the S197 came out in 05 it really put the bug in me. So for nearly ten years I've always wanted one, a convertible. I wanted a convertible since I sold off an old MG about a dozen years ago.

So this past April I spent some of my retirement and bought one. The amount of funds I had limited me to an 05. It was a one owner car that I bought at a Ford dealership. It already had the mods and the dealer had no idea what all it had. We didn't know about the exhaust until my son looked under it more carefully. I knew it sounded pretty damn good for stock.

But I often thought why they did these mods and left those crappy wheels on it. Whenever I can afford it, they will change. lol
__________________


BBK Titanium CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, Hurst short shifter
Stang BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:57 PM   #15
bdraisey
1st Gear Member
 
bdraisey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Vehicle: 1992 Ford Mustang
Location: california
Posts: 55
Default

Welcome



Click the image to open in full size.
bdraisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #16
Lime.GT
1st Gear Member
 
Lime.GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT
Location: South Florida
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang BB View Post
I've always been fond of Mustangs and always wanted to get another one since the 67 I had 40+ years ago. Whenever the S197 came out in 05 it really put the bug in me. So for nearly ten years I've always wanted one, a convertible. I wanted a convertible since I sold off an old MG about a dozen years ago.

So this past April I spent some of my retirement and bought one. The amount of funds I had limited me to an 05. It was a one owner car that I bought at a Ford dealership. It already had the mods and the dealer had no idea what all it had. We didn't know about the exhaust until my son looked under it more carefully. I knew it sounded pretty damn good for stock.

But I often thought why they did these mods and left those crappy wheels on it. Whenever I can afford it, they will change. lol
I wanted a new 2014 GT but I couldn't convince the wife I "needed" one (especially since it isn't our Daily Driver) so I settled for the '05.

I am also am a fan of small Roadsters and currently own a '96 Miata. It is a blast to drive and makes my Mustang feel like a truck. It has an aftermarket suspension and handles like its on rails, you can see it by clicking one of the links in my signature below.

Its a bonus that you got it with the aftermarket exhaust, it looks like your car has been lowered also. My guess is the previous owner probably put the stock wheels back on the car when he sold it. It is a great looking car and will look even better with the right wheel choice, congrats!
__________________


'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT
'89 LX Notch, 442 RWHP - SOLD
'67 Coupe, Stock 289 - SOLD
Lime.GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:04 PM   #17
Lime.GT
1st Gear Member
 
Lime.GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT
Location: South Florida
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdraisey View Post
Welcome
Thanks, and welcome to you too
__________________


'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT
'89 LX Notch, 442 RWHP - SOLD
'67 Coupe, Stock 289 - SOLD
Lime.GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #18
Stang BB
2nd Gear Member
 
Stang BB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Vehicle: 05, Ford. Mustang
Location: Washington
Posts: 275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime.GT View Post
I wanted a new 2014 GT but I couldn't convince the wife I "needed" one (especially since it isn't our Daily Driver) so I settled for the '05.

I am also am a fan of small Roadsters and currently own a '96 Miata. It is a blast to drive and makes my Mustang feel like a truck. It has an aftermarket suspension and handles like its on rails, you can see it by clicking one of the links in my signature below.

Its a bonus that you got it with the aftermarket exhaust, it looks like your car has been lowered also. My guess is the previous owner probably put the stock wheels back on the car when he sold it. It is a great looking car and will look even better with the right wheel choice, congrats!
I think you're right about the wheels. My son and I noticed it had been lowered and we had thought of that. My memory is fuzzy in my old age so please forgive me. The car was a trade in at a Ford dealer so...

It was a real clean car with 73,400 miles. Not that many for a 9 year old car. We could tell it was taken care of. I think we're going to find a lift somewhere and take a better look at what all they did.

That's a bad little Miata you got there. I can see why it runs on rails. That Fox also was bad ***. You've had some decent cars.
__________________


BBK Titanium CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, Hurst short shifter
Stang BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #19
Lime.GT
1st Gear Member
 
Lime.GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT
Location: South Florida
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang BB View Post
I think you're right about the wheels. My son and I noticed it had been lowered and we had thought of that. My memory is fuzzy in my old age so please forgive me. The car was a trade in at a Ford dealer so...

It was a real clean car with 73,400 miles. Not that many for a 9 year old car. We could tell it was taken care of. I think we're going to find a lift somewhere and take a better look at what all they did.

That's a bad little Miata you got there. I can see why it runs on rails. That Fox also was bad ***. You've had some decent cars.
Thanks, I have enjoyed all my cars as well as the dozen or so Motorcycles I have had over the last 30 years.

I think it is a good idea to take a look under the car so you know exactly what you have and you can better plan any future mods like suspension, wheels, etc.

Keep an eye on Craigslist for Mustang wheels, I have found many bargains on numerous car parts there. I think these 2012 Mustang California Special wheels would look awesome on your car http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/pts/4511606549.html I have seen a few '05 Mustangs with these and they look perfect. Heres another pic of a red Gt with these wheels http://img.vast.com/original/-7300871075938379184
__________________


'05 Legend Lime Mustang GT
'89 LX Notch, 442 RWHP - SOLD
'67 Coupe, Stock 289 - SOLD
Lime.GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:58 PM   #20
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch
 
NYstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Vehicle: 02 Mustang
Location: Scotia, NY
Posts: 6,927
Default

Welcome! Love the LL. I found a Vert like that with the black top/interior. Was all for it until I found it had a pretty bad rear collision What type of FI do you plan on?
__________________
-2002 Mustang V6: Eaton M112, E-85. 270/270 on 7psi
-1969 Chevelle SS396: 502H.O., TH400. Original L78 car, built 6/6/69
-Upcoming: 2015 Ecoboost C.O. performance pack


NYstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:58 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup