Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > New Member Area
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #1
eric512x

Vehicle: 2001, Ford Mustang, V6 3.8L
Smile First Mustang, aka First Car worth having!! All Ideas are welcome

Just bought my first Mustang yesterday.

It is a 2001 Mustang V6, 3.8L, Automatic (I know I know it should be Manual, but I took what I could get)

I know it's not a performance model, and its not the high end of Mustangs, but it is a car that get's me started in the Mustang world (basically, it was in my price range).

I'm reaching out to all of you faithful forum goers to see if you all have any ideas of what I should do to make my experience better. I'm listening as far as any mods, or just things which look cool in/on an 01 Mustang.

Like I said, I'm new to the Mustang universe, and it wouldn't make sense to go with a high end vehicle, not knowing how much I like it first.

As you can all imagine, I'm just all sorts up happy about getting a new car, so please don't just try to get me down on the fact that it's not exactly ideal as far as Mustangs go.

I really just want to hear from as many of you as I can, and even if you just want to point me in the direction of a forum which may be helpful, I would definitely follow.

Thank you all for your input in advance, and I'm looking forward to see what everybody has to offer!!!

~ Eric

P.S. LETS GO U.S.A.!!!!!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
eric512x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #2
88 orangepeel notch
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1988 notchback

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you. And congrats on that Mustang.

As for mods, that's going to have to be your call. What are your intentions with the car. Track, daily driver, show, or all the above. I'd start by getting a good old fashioned tune up first. That way you get your hands alittle dirty and find out how the car was maintained before you got it. Then, my first mod would be rims and tires.
306 with all bolt ons, letter cam, ported E7's, T5 swap, full exhaust, 3:55's, 2" drop, and the worst paint you'll ever see or feel.
Dyno'd 300/316, 2745lbs-track scale
Best ET………12.4@108, 1.66 60ft on 8" ET Drags.
24 mpg (combined)
88 orangepeel notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
eric512x

Vehicle: 2001, Ford Mustang, V6 3.8L

My intentions with the car initially is just as a daily driver as thats all I have the resources for right now. However, I am one who loves speed and performance. So for somebody who simply wants to get the best performance out of it, just throw me ideas.

~ Eric
eric512x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:56 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2001, first mustang, ideas, mods, upgrades