New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New here

Old 06-27-2014, 09:07 PM
"WildCat"

Default New here

I have had my Mustang for 3 years and just thought I might check out some Ford Mustang sites

Work for Ford so I drive one, don't hate me but really a Mopar guy, dad retired from Chrysler, at 15 he said you will drive a Chrysler, so that is how I became a Chrysler guy.

The plant I worked at closed and when I went to transfer the new plant had a special parking lot for NON FORD VEHICLES, now a Mazda, Volvo, Astin Martin, Range Rover, Jag are all considered Ford Products, or were. So I was looking for something to drive. I had a 71 Mach 1 (yes when I was working at Chrysler) and bought my daughter a 92 convertible for her 1st car.

I was looking for a Ranger truck but never found THE ONE, so one day found on line 2 Mustangs at a dealer and one a red Coupe the other a girly lite blue convertible. I have 2 other convertibles and didn't want one as a daily driver. When we got to the dealer the coupe was in the delivery parking so I knew it had been sold. I went ahead an looked at the convertible even though I didn't like the color(Windveil Blue) and didn't want a convertible.

It had a car fax report and it was a 1owner that had been serviced at the ford garage for everything. The test drive was positive with no cowl shake and very quite for a soft top.

So I made an offer and while he was checking had the wife write a check out for my offer plus sales tax. They said no they couldn't except that amount, but I didn't leave with out the car and I only agree to go up for the new dealer registration fees that the state now has them collect instead of having to go to license branch.

On the drive home was making a plan for what I wanted it to look like.

Ordered $400 worth of stuff from American Muscle when I got home as a start. The sequential tail lights & chrome for the tail light lenses. By the time I got done the hood and tail was blacked out a Mach1 style hood scoop, 1970 trim style side stripes and a Mach1 repo dash emblem and the finishing touch is the 18x9 front and 18x10 chrome bullet style wheels with Ford spinner caps riding on a set of Michelin Pilot radials.

Have thought about lowering it but decided since I drive it year round might not be a good idea and have heard that is might mess up the alignment and need to add camber adjustment plates. But have developed a squeak in the front end, so I might need new struts or sway bar bushings. Now might be a reason to do something like lower it if I have to do much to it.

I sure enjoy driving it and as my daily driver get lots of comments about my Mach1, even from an owner of a 1969 that wanted to know what it was. We drive it to cruise nights when the other Convertibles cannot come out and play. People give us thumbs up, want to know what year Mach1 it is and most have no clue........ Just what I wanted.
Attached Thumbnails New here-image.jpg  
Old 06-28-2014, 11:02 AM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Welcome.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:32 AM
Carolina Man
3rd Gear Member

Welcome
Old 06-28-2014, 11:39 AM
Lime.GT
1st Gear Member

Welcome, your car is looking good!
Old 06-30-2014, 06:41 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome
Old 06-30-2014, 07:05 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome, very nice looking Mustang, congrats.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:45 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Welcome! Post up some pictures of your new Mustang. We'd love to check it out!

Thanks for your business. We really appreciate it! Let me know if you have any questions at all. You'll meet a lot of great people and find a ton of awesome reads on the forums.

-Dan
Old 07-01-2014, 07:13 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome
Old 07-03-2014, 07:54 PM
"WildCat"

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Welcome! Post up some pictures of your new Mustang. We'd love to check it out!

Thanks for your business. We really appreciate it! Let me know if you have any questions at all. You'll meet a lot of great people and find a ton of awesome reads on the forums.

-Dan

Thanks guys

Have not figured this site out. The picture I posted of the mustang shows a link I'm not even able to open. Thought it would show up in the thread.

So for now that is all I can do

I read the tips on posting and the other web sites I go to are not like this

Any help in posting would be appreciated.

New here-image.jpg

Maybe this will work
Old 07-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Chazman_1962
2nd Gear Member

Very nice, welcome

Search this Thread