New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Guy From NE Ohio. Never Owned A Ford Before!! I have the craziest rides tho.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 10:49 PM
BadRabbit

Default New Guy From NE Ohio. Never Owned A Ford Before!! I have the craziest rides tho.

Hey everyone...
I am going to pick up a 2001 Mustang GT with 60,000 miles on her. She has never seen snow. It has a bunch of mods on it too... I have no idea if they are any good or not. Maybe someone can give me some info/pointers.
I traded my 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel for the car AND he threw in a stack of cash too. Not a bad deal.

Mods...
BBK cold air intake
BBK offroad x-pipe
Flow master super 44 exhaust
Stage 2 ford racing clutch
Pro 5.0 shorty shifter
4.10 gear
Dual ccfl halo projector headlights
Smoked taillights and third brake light
Sequential tail lighting (like the new mustangs)
Bama performance tuner for the car with free lifetime tunes from bama.

SO...
Why did I say i have the craziest rides...

Well, if my 4x4 Geo Metro is not crazy enough...

Maybe my LSx Powered Kia Sorento is??

Old 09-16-2014, 06:06 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome
Old 09-16-2014, 07:46 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome, I hope the stang is going to stay 2wd lol. Congrats
Old 09-16-2014, 09:42 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

BadRabbit-Welcome! This hands down might be the best first post I've ever seen. Between your Geo and LSX powered Kia I think my heads literally spinning! It's looking like your GT is pretty well modded and sounds like she's in good shape as well! Keep me in the loop if there's ever anything I can help out with, I'm a PM away!

Alex
Old 09-16-2014, 08:02 PM
ucat81
1st Gear Member

Welcome fellow Buckeye! Where in northeast Ohio? I have in-laws in Wadsworth and Barberton/Norton.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:50 PM
BadRabbit

Thanks for the warn welcome. the projects are crazy but it's cool to see people open minded enough to like them too. I never drove anything tons of torque. I had an insanely fast 92 Plymouth Laser RS and also a Pontiac Fiero that I swapped a supercharged 3800 in from a Grand Prix. However the Mustang is a different kind of power.
I think the 01 GT is like 260hp stock? Kinda crazy.... my 2008 VW R32 has the same HP lol.
Trying to wrap my head around the fact that the Kia will have almost 150 more HP is almost scary
Old 09-17-2014, 01:50 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BadRabbit
Thanks for the warn welcome. the projects are crazy but it's cool to see people open minded enough to like them too. I never drove anything tons of torque. I had an insanely fast 92 Plymouth Laser RS and also a Pontiac Fiero that I swapped a supercharged 3800 in from a Grand Prix. However the Mustang is a different kind of power.
I think the 01 GT is like 260hp stock? Kinda crazy.... my 2008 VW R32 has the same HP lol.
Trying to wrap my head around the fact that the Kia will have almost 150 more HP is almost scary
Sounds like you've definitely had a great bunch of cars! I know the .:R's very well! I've had a few of them! I'd be interested to see how they'd line up next to each other as well! Shoot me a PM if there's ever anything I can help out with!

Alex
Old 09-17-2014, 04:13 PM
BadRabbit

Originally Posted by ucat81
Welcome fellow Buckeye! Where in northeast Ohio? I have in-laws in Wadsworth and Barberton/Norton.

I am in Perry, Ohio

About 45 minutes east of Cleveland
Old 09-17-2014, 04:28 PM
BadRabbit

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Sounds like you've definitely had a great bunch of cars! I know the .:R's very well! I've had a few of them! I'd be interested to see how they'd line up next to each other as well! Shoot me a PM if there's ever anything I can help out with!

Alex
Where in PA are you from? If you are on the west side there is a sweet end of the season show here in Ohio.
Its called Fatmans Invasion https://www.facebook.com/events/312912988867337/

There are probably gonna be about 2,000 cars there. They will have drag racing too. First time at a "Fatman" event. They are normally held at the state park by the lake. However a bunch of douchbags did burnouts after being told not to MANY TIMES and passing signs that said NO BURNOUTS. They got the entire event ruined.
Now there will be a burnout competition too.

I am trying to take my .:R32 and my Mustang. I want to see what they will each do. I would love to be able to run against my own car LOL. However I dont know if my wife knows how to work the launch control.

Nice to meet a fellow Dub owner though man!
If there is anything you can tell me or suggest that would be great. I never owned a Ford before so i dont know much about this thing. What mods should i go with next, what important maintenance is there to do?

Do these come with an LSD from the factory? The prior owner put a set of Ford Racing 4.10 gears in it and it feels when going around corners and you switch the power on like it may have LSD.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:39 PM
Diode Dynamics
Sponsor

Welcome to the forum!

Nice LS Sorento lol! Never thought I'd get to say that

Nick C.

Quick Reply: New Guy From NE Ohio. Never Owned A Ford Before!! I have the craziest rides tho.